StarLite (Hero Server Files)

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!
Status
Not open for further replies.

lifco

Untrusted Member
Legendary
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Jul 6, 2004
UK/Italy
its taking time coz i have 1370+ merchant npcs and 52 nomal npcs that need translating not to say a load of quests etcs as well,

iam doing quite fast tho, so its not taking that long really, the client will take longer tho the server and client is at around 60% english now

on a good note mobs and drops are all done :)

lif

Hazuki

VIP
VIP
Apr 14, 2004
United Kingdom
lifco, which M2 are you using? I've unpacked a hero one but it connects to some server in china, presume its a reg server, but the connection times out >,<.

lifco

Untrusted Member
Legendary
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Jul 6, 2004
UK/Italy
are u on the 30 second trial one ? or is like mine a payed one

lif

lifco

Untrusted Member
Legendary
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Jul 6, 2004
UK/Italy
all the exes are called skyhero, mine dont connect to any other server but they have locked the main skyhero m2server with a (IP)

lif

lifco

Untrusted Member
Legendary
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Jul 6, 2004
UK/Italy
i was bored with the same old skills that 1.9 and 2.3 had.. wanted something a little better

lif

lifco

Untrusted Member
Legendary
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Jul 6, 2004
UK/Italy
i dont mind £280 and a ser charge for they client of £80

it mite seem a lot then again it mite sound cheap, the only thing i dint realise that it would be ip locked, but i can understand why they did this

lif

daneo1989

I am Ancient.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 5, 2005
UK
Lifco has made like 10 servers and never hosted one for longerthan a few weeks

share the "hero" files so that we can actuly get a decent serve as you obviusly don't have what it takes to provide one, no offence and g/l with it but imo its a waste of time.

lol longer then a few weeks? What about Starlite V1 that lasted for quite awhile

he wont share nothing because he probably aint even got them lol...i wont belive it untill i see pics tbh

lol and how can you say he aint got them? jelious?

i dont mind £280 and a ser charge for they client of £80

it mite seem a lot then again it mite sound cheap, the only thing i dint realise that it would be ip locked, but i can understand why they did this

lif

360pound ouch, is it worth it tho m8?

cant w8 shall be playing m8.

/ancient

koni

V.I.P
VIP
Mar 14, 2006
Southampton UK
cant wait for this to come out ive got various hero m2's on my pc all of them want to connect to a reg server so ive had no joy getting them running lol

so looking forward to this coming out, lif has alot of work to do on translating so it will take a while unless you want chinese npc's lol

daneo1989

I am Ancient.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 5, 2005
UK
Koni, theres thousands of chinese Hero Servers, connect to one of them ^^.

yes you might be able to connect to a chinese serv's but id rather w8 for lifco to finish his in english :P

/ancient

thedeath

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 26, 2003
i do wonder: how are you going to fight the chinese build in cheats and backdoors?
(it's a known fact that there are no chinese server files that dont have cheats and backdoors build into them lol)
not saying i know which ones are in these files but even when the chinese released the sources (the ones dm2 are based on) they contained several backdoors lol
chinese cant help themselfs they need to build in systems to give them an advantage over regular players so obviously these files are gonna have that aswell

lifco

Untrusted Member
Legendary
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Jul 6, 2004
UK/Italy
the cheats are as listed

Rev on all mobs / npcs / players... but when you hit a mob, above the mobs head its hp in numbers apear

All light

Fast run (ie) no two step then run

Thats all the cheats, as for backdoors its as safe as any 2.3 server

lif

thedeath

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 26, 2003
lol lifco no you see i am 100% sure that there are backdoors coded into the server that are spread amongst 'friends' by the chinese lol
also there are far more cheats then the ones you know off (just they arent public in the official client, i'm 99.99% sure there is a second client 'only' the chinese have which includes a wider range of cheats that cant be disabled by the host)

i'm not trying to give your server a bad reputation or anything btw, just tried to point out that you are relying on ppl who are known for adding cheats and backdoors in their files lol
with dm2(+) files however you have some safety in saying they dont contain backdoors

anyway i'm not gonna post anything else on this topic since obviously you cant admit that there are (might be) backdoors coded in. since that would mean you're admiting your server isnt exactly 'secure' lol

Status
Not open for further replies.