stopping DoS and DDoS attacks

ssj4songohan

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 30, 2003
does anyone know how to stop / prevent DoS and DDoS attacks without buying a router? as in a software soloution? thanks for any help.

LeoCrasher

Yup... thing is with DoS'ing, is that SOMETHING has to bare the processing task, weather it be your local firewall or ISP.

Depending on the method of the DoS attack, see if you can sort something with your ISP.

/Leo

MentaL

Mir 1.4
VIP
Mar 3, 2004
Cardiff
well if u r smart like i am ... (lol..) good ways of DOS is covered by spoof.. so say i was to ./z lomcn.co.uk 80 LEGENDOFMIR.net ide be slashing u covered as legendofmir.net

so its not possible to find the tracks of the DOSSER....... spoof my friend... rox

ssj4songohan

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 30, 2003
MentaL said:
well if u r smart like i am ... (lol..) good ways of DOS is covered by spoof.. so say i was to ./z lomcn.co.uk 80 LEGENDOFMIR.net ide be slashing u covered as legendofmir.net

so its not possible to find the tracks of the DOSSER....... spoof my friend... rox

no one has actually said how to stop it yet :(

JohnBarny

Known Cheater
Golden Oldie
Apr 16, 2003
Ya Mums
MentaL said:

spoofs can always be traced.

Ways to minimize, use a router.. use a firewall, do not piss any one off who is liklely to do it, theres a lil program i fount ages ago that sends unwanted packets bk (sumtimes gets confuzed thou >.<)