Talk about files.

czeldabolg

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Sep 12, 2005
Staffordshire, UK
Sorry but a mod / admin needs to lock this thread, it's become more of a thread to slag off at ben for not releasing something he's put work into and is getting money for, I see both sides, some however can't. It won't change, continue *****ing if you must be this really has no constructive gain.

/Czeldabolg

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
Sorry but a mod / admin needs to lock this thread, it's become more of a thread to slag off at ben for not releasing something he's put work into and is getting money for, I see both sides, some however can't. It won't change, continue *****ing if you must be this really has no constructive gain.

/Czeldabolg

No it doesn't need to be closed. If people want to slag others off then let them. What's it gonna hurt? We need SOMETHING to talk about at the moment, if you don't wanna hear an occasional bad word then frankly, don't read it. I for one have no quarms with Bon not releasing his files, that's completely his prerogative. They are, at the end of the day, being used for his server. Ruby on the other hand...

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
Youre saying you think ruby files should be released because theyre not been used by a live server?

I think they should be released because you/kyndigs said they would and because you/kyndigs aren't using them to run a server, yes.

Be serious now, what reason do you have not to?

Lilcooldoode

LOMCN Developer
Developer
May 10, 2003
Yes
I think they should be released because you/kyndigs said they would and because you/kyndigs aren't using them to run a server, yes.

Be serious now, what reason do you have not to?

1. The early impatient release of the files (1 of which originated from a LOMCN admin)
2. People assuming/telling us we should release

Ruby was never started to go as public as it did, it was (and still is) for me because I wanted to see some of the new content in the game without having to spend hours playing USA / Korean.

After all the arguements and backstabbing these files have caused i'm sorry but where i'm concerned you may aswell forget about ruby because when i'm finished with it i would rather just delete them than release. Kyn may see things differently he will be youre only hope of a release.

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
1. The early impatient release of the files (1 of which originated from a LOMCN admin)
2. People assuming/telling us we should release

Ruby was never started to go as public as it did, it was (and still is) for me because I wanted to see some of the new content in the game without having to spend hours playing USA / Korean.

After all the arguements and backstabbing these files have caused i'm sorry but where i'm concerned you may aswell forget about ruby because when i'm finished with it i would rather just delete them than release. Kyn may see things differently he will be youre only hope of a release.

1. Who? Azura? Who's not even here anymore.
2. Any assuming was only aftermath of being outright told that it would be released. People get impatient and excited about things like this because it's so desperately needed. That's a part of life and could be applied to anything.

As far as I'm aware the only arguing and backstabbing has been between you and your team. Am I wrong?

So basically you don't care about the future of Mir or LOMCN and are quite happy and willing to let all your work go to complete waste? My opinion of you has just taken a HUGE blow.

Basically everybody has to suffer because you have a poor judge of character..

kyndigs

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Feb 19, 2009
Reading, UK
Its more to do with the reaction of LOMCN, we got slagged off for disapproving of the leaked release, certain people knew all along we would release as we always kept some people in the loop with latest builds for testing, including many mods and admins here.

Lilcooldoode

LOMCN Developer
Developer
May 10, 2003
Yes
As far as I'm aware the only arguing and backstabbing has been between you and your team. Am I wrong?
No. There are a few people on here i consider to have stabbed me in the back, i'm not gonna mention any names though because i'm not here to argue.

So basically you don't care about the future of Mir or LOMCN and are quite happy and willing to let all your work go to complete waste?
Sorry but no i dont care, not 1 bit.
As i said in last post the files were for me to see the new stuff ingame, which I have/am and had some good fun with it, and I have made some good friends (kyndigs/iceman/pob/hazuki etc) so i disagree the files havent been a complete waste.
//

kyndigs

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Feb 19, 2009
Reading, UK
We always did it for fun, we tried to make them as close as possible to korean, even going as far as keeping in regular contact with english speaking korean players who gave us information on systems, decompiling exes to convert client side asm code and loads more, it was all fun and patience would have paid off but since the leak on here we sort of stopped coding on the files as much, plus we have been very busy.

Mask

Banned
Banned
Golden Oldie
Jun 20, 2003
United Kingdom
Why has this thread gone into talks about donations... AGAIN?

probably because nothing has been put into effect from the last discussion we had on this, in which it was stated admins was going to take action. but once again all talk no action.

on topic :
any release would of been an improvement, but tbh most of the developers are past caring, so you may as well drop the subject as its never going to happen anyway.

Shank

The_Mafia
VIP
Dec 4, 2008
why aint these posts regarding donations bin deleted? i thought this topic was about server files not donations?

Mask

Banned
Banned
Golden Oldie
Jun 20, 2003
United Kingdom
why aint these posts regarding donations bin deleted? i thought this topic was about server files not donations?

bon brought it up

But its the same old question, why should we?

We've put 2years into the development of our files, and you know full well if we released you'd see all these half arsed noob servers going up with a gameshop, just makin easy money off our work.

mStation

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Oct 29, 2003
♫♪♫ ♦♥♠♣ ♀♂♀
i just find it more sad that some people like chestnut and kyndigs are moving away from here because of a few people on here making errors.. they have been part of the community for a long time and gave a lot of effort in a lot of sectors.. especially when it comes to coding..

tbh i regret that people are even bothering them about what they have decided to do.. after all they already gave enough to lomcn and if they don't feel like sharing this last project they worked on for the last year then it should be ok with everyone.

i prefer been grateful to a lot of old school members here which really put a lot of effort into this community rather than keep arguing thier decision.

there are a lot of files around, different version which we just seem to be kept hidden.. this is the real problem.. just because we don't have the right contacts we can't get in hold of the sources others are using atm and this message is especially sent to a few mods here and some other members i know which continue get nice sources with great features and don't even bother releasing to us..

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
i just find it more sad that some people like chestnut and kyndigs are moving away from here because of a few people on here making errors.. they have been part of the community for a long time and gave a lot of effort in a lot of sectors.. especially when it comes to coding..

tbh i regret that people are even bothering them about what they have decided to do.. after all they already gave enough to lomcn and if they don't feel like sharing this last project they worked on for the last year then it should be ok with everyone.

i prefer been grateful to a lot of old school members here which really put a lot of effort into this community rather than keep arguing thier decision.

there are a lot of files around, different version which we just seem to be kept hidden.. this is the real problem.. just because we don't have the right contacts we can't get in hold of the sources others are using atm and this message is especially sent to a few mods here and some other members i know which continue get nice sources with great features and don't even bother releasing to us..

Again the key words being "a few people". Why tarnish everyone with the same brush? "A few people" do not represent the entire community.

czeldabolg

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Sep 12, 2005
Staffordshire, UK
No it doesn't need to be closed. If people want to slag others off then let them. What's it gonna hurt? We need SOMETHING to talk about at the moment, if you don't wanna hear an occasional bad word then frankly, don't read it. I for one have no quarms with Bon not releasing his files, that's completely his prerogative. They are, at the end of the day, being used for his server. Ruby on the other hand...

It's all find and dandy saying that Tai but the majority of this thread is basically *****ing at ben, the ruby file owners haven't really spoken much about there files nor is anything being done with them, and yet a loophole is still going on with the ben releasing his server files when it's stated he won't. That needs to be ended at least.

/Czeldabolg

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
It's all find and dandy saying that Tai but the majority of this thread is basically *****ing at ben, the ruby file owners haven't really spoken much about there files nor is anything being done with them, and yet a loophole is still going on with the ben releasing his server files when it's stated he won't. That needs to be ended at least.

/Czeldabolg

There hasn't been a mention in like 20 posts though...we have moved on, it's all good.