Tera Beta Date

Join Discord

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
I like some of the changes they've made in open beta, glad they take a lot of users comments on board. I won't be leveling in OB though as i don't wanna be bored of the starting area when it opens. Got myself the collectors edition so as soon as the head start begins i'll be leveling up my popori slayer :)

Soul

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Mar 23, 2003
Suffolk, England
I like some of the changes they've made in open beta, glad they take a lot of users comments on board. I won't be leveling in OB though as i don't wanna be bored of the starting area when it opens. Got myself the collectors edition so as soon as the head start begins i'll be leveling up my popori slayer :)
Haha popori slayer that's currently what I'm playing at the moment too, I've tested all the classes out to around level 7/8 so far and Slayer seems to be my favourite by far, don't think I'll stick popori though... going to see what the animations feel like on other races!

Jicaa

Pooslice
Golden Oldie
Jul 9, 2003
Starting this when mates home from work today, if your playing US realms then you keep your char from open beta, so may aswell start leveling now. Rolling US with them all insted of EU, europe support is normally just **** compared too the US like with every game.

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
yeah im playing europe, don't mind that my char gets wiped again, i've already lost my level 38 chars from CB.

@soul i've played all chars and classes up to about that level too, was a baraka sorcerer up to 38 in CB but he was just too big, and sorcerers die so easily (though i enjoy the long range of it). Love the animations of Popori. I just can't decide whether to look like a panda or a beaver.

Sawell

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Dec 29, 2003
Playing this with Stonehelm, Jicaa and 7-8 others some who are ex-lomcn and some from old guilds of mine as the foundation, but have many more. We played OBT (capped level 32) on NA servers (EU servers suck). You guys are more than welcome to play with us, would love to speak to many of you again. The guild has around 120 members at the moment but we're anticipating high turnover due to the nature of OBT.

We're aiming for endgame PVE/PVP and we want to run for Vanarch (the political system).

Check out http://www.unitguild.com

We're on Basilisk Crag (2nd biggest pop PVP server) and are the 4th ranked guild out of about 530 on there at the moment (we'd obviously be first but we got a late start :p).

Last edited:

Sawell

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Dec 29, 2003
oh noes it's the g unit

The origins aren't half as gangster http://www.facebook.com/unitclub.southampton

Although, when I get in there.... I'm pretty GANGSTER

58954_432217418213_512673213_5212382_7001903_n.jpg

(No but honestly I'm not)

Sawell

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Dec 29, 2003
Haha that place is a brutal sweat box.

I'm downloading this game now, just to take a gander... What would you compare gameplay to?

Haha you been there? From soton?

You'd need to download the NA client to play with us http://download.enmasse.com/TERA-Setup.exe. It comes back for pre-launch on Saturday, so if you want to play then you need to pre-order (works out about £31 I believe), there's a level cap of 38 until Tuesday the 1st. Any questions you can add graham.sawell on skype, or ask the forum.

Here's the launch schedule: http://tera.enmasse.com/launch-schedule

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
meh. stupid NA servers.

Whats your ping like?

I've already bought the european version, so won't be moving over unfortunately.

Sawell

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Dec 29, 2003
meh. stupid NA servers.

Whats your ping like?

I've already bought the european version, so won't be moving over unfortunately.

None of the 10 ish euro/UK players in our group have ever had an issue with latency or connection. The US Tera team are amazing though, constantly in touch with the community and fixing issues/resolving queries http://twitter.com/#!/teraonline, their servers are fantastic and well maintained. Our server went down randomly over the weekend and within 4 minutes there was a post on the forum saying they knew about it and were working ASAP to fix, great service.

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
yeah i'm first to admit that frogster haven't been the best at communicating so far, but unlike most people on the euro forum i'm not shouting about it just yet, specially as it hasn't even opened yet.

i do like enmasse, and their website is updated so much more, plus its got a 17+ rating (euro has 12+) so there'd be no sensoring issues like euro already has.

If euro is poor after a month and has lack of players then i might move over to US. However on the times i'll be playing i bet it will be too late in US for GvG and Guild Raids.