TGAV2 (StarLite) Coming Soon

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!
smoochy boys on tour
Status
Not open for further replies.

DevilsKnight

I
VIP
Aug 1, 2004
we feel we have ironed most things clean and will suport a private beta(Chosen carefully).. before live

i dont get what your issue is..

lol...
i dont get whats funny..

This is from a prospective players point of view, your initial "launch" was after what a claimed 2 years of testing? That didn't go so well...

You've now closed the server, changed a lot of stuff and now stating exactly the same things.

That's what is funny.

Tyraes

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 16, 2007
I think the point he is trying to make is that everything you change, be that small or large, can potentially change the outcome of your server. When you said you have pretty much reworked your content in about 3 weeks makes me think you haven't tested it on a proper scale. A private beta won't provide you with enough information that you will need for the drastic changes you have made which will therefore result in missed bugs and improper balance. An open beta would allow you to have more changes tested and more often which should play in your favour as developers.

Just my friendly advise for you guys.

MythRohan

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Nov 18, 2011
Northant's Town : Serious Gamer
This is from a prospective players point of view, your initial "launch" was after what a claimed 2 years of testing? That didn't go so well...

You've now closed the server, changed a lot of stuff and now stating exactly the same things.

That's what is funny.

it wasnt 2 years of testing... you have the wrong infomation there.
how have i stated the same things?

alot has changed..

nice 1 on support guys ...

---------- Post Merged at 10:14 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 10:13 PM ----------

is the server programmed in delphi?

yes

---------- Post Merged at 10:17 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 10:14 PM ----------

I think the point he is trying to make is that everything you change, be that small or large, can potentially change the outcome of your server. When you said you have pretty much reworked your content in about 3 weeks makes me think you haven't tested it on a proper scale. A private beta won't provide you with enough information that you will need for the drastic changes you have made which will therefore result in missed bugs and improper balance. An open beta would allow you to have more changes tested and more often which should play in your favour as developers.

its not going to be tested fully...
3 weeks is my estimated time.. not the teams.(I cannot judge how fast people work..)
i then explained that a closed PRIVATE beta will continue , (This means players will hunt and find the lastof the issues)
iron them out
and release.

thanks for your input also. but closed is the way im going to go with this , due to hidden issues / mistrust

Thanks for reading

Reactions: ervinzed

helpmeplay

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
May 21, 2005

Just to say because we said we reworked content does not mean the entire content within the server, We have reworked monks which is still in progress for example.

Everything that was wrong or had issues with have/are/yet to be done will be tested with trusted players, then goes on from there.

Problem with first open beta is a lot of exploiters who don't inform us and end up having to wipe or take down like the last situation. This is why we say 'private' and reworked is just another word for adjusted, changed, etc.

DevilsKnight

I
VIP
Aug 1, 2004
it wasnt 2 years of testing... you have the wrong infomation there.
how have i stated the same things?

alot has changed..

nice 1 on support guys ...

Your missing our point entirely. And thanks for the negative rep.

What I am trying to tell you is that your rushing. You rushed to get the server online previously and made yourselves look stupid, I'm not meant to sound offensive I'm trying to give you some feedback which you are clearly not taking well.

By having a select few "trusted" people play, basically means that your are going to only be testing specific things.
If they are a "trusted" player/friend then are they honestly going to be trying to cheat and exploit? Probably not.

What I'm trying to say is by hand picking your players to test, your screening them. Thus not fully testing your server.

So in essences, like me and haz have been trying to say. Learn from your first test and do it right this time.

Just to say because we said we reworked content does not mean the entire content within the server, We have reworked monks which is still in progress for example.

You've added a completely new stat to a new class, if you don't think that literally effects everything then I don't know what does.

Anyway, good luck with everything.

Dk

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
^ ^ this. Having a closed beta is fine, but with such a small group to test you can't expect to these hand picked players to act like every player would. Obviously this is your server, and you're free to run it as you wish. But i think what Haz and DK are giving is friendly advice that it's probably not the best solution to test your changes with a select few people (like you did at the start with just 3) then go straight to live.

Everyone wants new servers to be a success, and with the time and effort you've put in theres no point rushing in to live a second time and alienating more players when there are inevitable issues that weren't spotted.

MythRohan

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Nov 18, 2011
Your missing our point entirely. And thanks for the negative rep.

What I am trying to tell you is that your rushing. You rushed to get the server online previously and made yourselves look stupid, I'm not meant to sound offensive I'm trying to give you some feedback which you are clearly not taking well.

By having a select few "trusted" people play, basically means that your are going to only be testing specific things.
If they are a "trusted" player/friend then are they honestly going to be trying to cheat and exploit? Probably not.

What I'm trying to say is by hand picking your players to test, your screening them. Thus not fully testing your server.

So in essences, like me and haz have been trying to say. Learn from your first test and do it right this time.

You've added a completely new stat to a new class, if you don't think that literally effects everything then I don't know what does.

Anyway, good luck with everything.

Dk

i appoligise for that..
was late and tbh , havent slept much either..(wasnt in best of moods)
so probably explain why i didnt read this properly.

your points are valid , and ald far
ive been a little rash with most decisions lately.
tbh i havent really had the time to sit and actually think about anything straight yet.

The fact we have a new stat is huge i agree..
and will need a full blown test to make sure everything sits right before live.
i guess you guys are right in saying a small select beta
is not a good option to take..

ill set up a plan , and post back
and try save more confusion with info in future

Skepta

Veteran
Feb 15, 2010
ignore that quote i was tired..

i will gather info and release in full. until then i will not post

Was you tired on the other 2 occasions you told people server was live then wiped ?

New stat is just going to cause more unbalance should just stick to it using SC was fine just you never actually recalled a monk and wiz,tao,war to test pvp etc, you just put the spells in and hoped for the best then changed it as it went along, Shame as TGAv1 was very good server and i believe the mir commuinty slept on it and never really give it a try.

helpmeplay

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
May 21, 2005
Was you tired on the other 2 occasions you told people server was live then wiped ?

New stat is just going to cause more unbalance should just stick to it using SC was fine just you never actually recalled a monk and wiz,tao,war to test pvp etc, you just put the spells in and hoped for the best then changed it as it went along, Shame as TGAv1 was very good server and i believe the mir commuinty slept on it and never really give it a try.

I dont understand where you get your information? who said we just made skills and threw them in? Chi is pretty much same as another stat just has diff name xD, if you disagree that your not doing enough damage then i would agree most ppl will always want to be hard hitters but not always the case. (class, kit, lvl, etc.)

Before took down Monk using wrong kit, this is why you where using only 1 skill..... by basically changing name of a Stat 1. help ppls identify monk kits, 2. stops ppl struggling to understand the split stats.

We've made monk stats simpler as 'you' the players complained you didnt get it but its same as calling DC > pickle or any name you want.

Skepta

Veteran
Feb 15, 2010
I dont understand where you get your information? who said we just made skills and threw them in? Chi is pretty much same as another stat just has diff name xD, if you disagree that your not doing enough damage then i would agree most ppl will always want to be hard hitters but not always the case. (class, kit, lvl, etc.)

Before took down Monk using wrong kit, this is why you where using only 1 skill..... by basically changing name of a Stat 1. help ppls identify monk kits, 2. stops ppl struggling to understand the split stats.

We've made monk stats simpler as 'you' the players complained you didnt get it but its same as calling DC > pickle or any name you want.

Your lost.

MythRohan

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Nov 18, 2011
Your lost.

yes clearly...

You have no clue "Clearly"

Seems there is alot of confusion... and as i said above Skepta
we will not post until we have full info on everything

The new Stat Chi ... how can it be classed useless..

its a stat just like DC,SC and MC
just because lomcn took a different approach does not mean this will fail.

This is how it is going to work and how it will stay as far as i can tell
once we ease out some areas of satisfaction
then we will offer a public beta for testing yet again

If you havent worked upon a server before,
then you will have a little inside view with what your on about
The stats have been tested very well , as far as we can see. and feel it works as solid as Dc, Mc, Sc
your more than welcome to join the beta
to test my theory upon this

plus im not being rude , just saying how it is.

Last edited:

killauk

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 28, 2012

Sorry to tell u this ppl only used 1 skill on monk simply cos that was only skill that seemed to sorta be for them rest was took from other classes u should no this u did play tga v1 :P altho now seeing i hear lifco has coded the official monk skills the class shouldn't need nicked 1s from other classes also should have a solid base to build on :P

Last edited:

MythRohan

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Nov 18, 2011
Sorry to tell u this ppl only used 1 skill on monk simply cos that was only skill that seemed to sorta be for them rest was took from other classes u should no this u did play tga v1 :P altho now seeing i hear lifco has coded the official monk skills the class shouldn't need nicked 1s from other classes also should have a solid base to build on :P

TGA 1 went down well tbh.
and we will be keeping all skills, they have just been changed
if you wish to use one skill.. then thats your choice.

the skill images may look like other class skills in certain cases.
but they work completely different.

if your wish to play and official version of mir (Clone)
then i suggest you play Chronicals, as it states on the Advert

This is not going to be a Euro Clone
"we offer 100s of skills"
3000+ items to find

ect...

thanks for reading

FirEStorm

Mir Atlaints
Veteran
Aug 29, 2011
CaiRo-EGYPT
Is the game offline ?

---------- Post Merged on 12-11-2014 at 12:43 AM ---------- Previous Post was on 11-11-2014 at 09:47 PM ----------

can i have last exe

killauk

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 28, 2012
TGA 1 went down well tbh.
and we will be keeping all skills, they have just been changed
if you wish to use one skill.. then thats your choice.

the skill images may look like other class skills in certain cases.
but they work completely different.

if your wish to play and official version of mir (Clone)
then i suggest you play Chronicals, as it states on the Advert

This is not going to be a Euro Clone
"we offer 100s of skills"
3000+ items to find

ect...

thanks for reading
u clearly didn't read what i put paul monk in beta was a 1 button skill class clearly cos of the skills what they had been given was from other class no need to try and defence this fact im clearly pointing out the obvious which is once they have a solid base from the official skills they will have solid base to build on im pretty sure u will find out for ur self if they still have half there old skills aswell has the official they dont fit in with the class which will mean most of them shouldnt be there which in turn will mean the class would need skills building specifically for the monk class

lifco

Untrusted Member
Legendary
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Jul 6, 2004
UK/Italy
I hear what you say kill, but you do know the sdo monk skills are like a low amount ? 7 unless you use the other colours with, which we have done..

And we added another 22 skills on top of this to take monk to 29 skills

If you take a look for yourself, you will 2 skills right of the bat from sdo they are taken from the wizard class

Which are the shield skill and teleport..

Which you will defo not see in our version, shield will always belong to wizard and teleport

But il get a video up soon for you to see the full 29 skills we have for monk and im sure they will be more than 1 skill you will use more than once

Ps kill, soon as this is rdy il send the exe to you, so you and be one of the first to test and post back on lomcn your feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.