Translating Book Translation NPC

KaRnAgE

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jun 13, 2004
Ok i have spent a few hours trying to translate the npcs that translate the spell books so that they are learnable.
I am 100% puzzled.
I am not that experienced in this and really could do with some help on these files as atm no one can learn spells in my server and after spending all of today trying to fix them i cant :no:

If anyone can help me with this it would be great.

johnyl1

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 24, 2003
Portugal
ok!!

1st - ur using some database that has the books name like this: Stunning¡ê¡§Manual¡ê?

Or, u have other DB that has the names like this: Stunning(*)

Anyway, both names are wrong coz the cruel and king files are packed, if u want to get them to work add £¨Ãؼ®£© after the book name...

E.G: Stunning£¨Ãؼ®£© Translated books will work then!

Also check the \Mud3\Envir\QuestDiary\System\BookConvertRootin.txt and check the AddStr A1{CONVERTBOOKNAME} "£¨Ãؼ®£©"

Upvote 0

NotMeAgainAgain

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 29, 2004
turboshandy said:
@Karnage
Check the downloads section for Book Translation FAQ.

@Brainbox
Haven't seen one around tbh

@Xander
If you find out can you let me know, wouldn't mind unpacking the files myself ;)

They are packed with a modified version of ASpack 1.42 - all of the dll's the same, no real way of unpacking them because of the DLL's the Mir3g.dll has had its section headers modified, and blanked so any automated unpacking tool can't find the values it is looking for and results in a corrupt unpacking, the same with the exe - if anyone can fix ITA's in an unpacked exe then by all means i can unpack it, i have it unpacked but not working :P invalid addresses and what not.

if thats a bit too complex i'll put it in laymans terms:

Mir3g.dll = not unpackable
CruelDragon.exe = Unpackable but need help.
Script.dll = unpacked fine and working.

Another method for books is to change all names to £¨Manual£© and in the BookTrans text file, locate the AddStr £¨Ãؼ®£© and modify that to the whatever you renamed the books (the £¨ at the start is NEEDED) anything after that can go.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

DrowninG

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Mar 23, 2003
johnyl1 said:
ok!!
Also check the \Mud3\Envir\QuestDiary\System\BookConvertRootin.txt and check the AddStr A1{CONVERTBOOKNAME} "£¨Ãؼ®£©"

if u change that does it work?

coz my sql dont support them ascii things

Upvote 0

NotMeAgainAgain

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 29, 2004
DrowninG said:
if u change that does it work?

coz my sql dont support them ascii things

change your default NonUnicode things, in regional and language settings, add support for east asian etc :S

and if your seeing a ( after the book name, then that is all you need andbooks work :P

Upvote 0

DrowninG

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Mar 23, 2003
didnt work

still woont work its doing my head in now >.< i hav installed the eastern asia language packs aswell

im seeing stuff like Fireball?????? in the stditems, instead of Fireball£&£&^%

Upvote 0

DrowninG

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Mar 23, 2003
think the majorit problem with translating books is the fact that SQL converts and ASCII chars into "?" when u close the table

i recommend someone does an FAQ thread thing on this ;) would help ALOT

Upvote 0

NotMeAgainAgain

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 29, 2004
DrowninG said:
think the majorit problem with translating books is the fact that SQL converts and ASCII chars into "?" when u close the table

i recommend someone does an FAQ thread thing on this ;) would help ALOT

well, when i install east asian support and change my default non unicode setting to "Chinese (PRC)" i get no hassles at all, replaces all ascii with chinese.

i'm sorry i can't be much help. i've laid off the files atm, did a **** load of translation and got bored, will release a mega update soon.

Upvote 0

DrowninG

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Mar 23, 2003
sweet

how do u change the non unicode setting? im sure its just a matter of changing the font but SQL seems to be very stuborn and the layout in general is **** (sorr about the *****yness just finished like 6 college assignments in which i had to ***** about how **** various packages were, oh well everyone needs a bad guy ^_^)

Upvote 0

NotMeAgainAgain

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 29, 2004
DrowninG said:
sweet

how do u change the non unicode setting? im sure its just a matter of changing the font but SQL seems to be very stuborn and the layout in general is **** (sorr about the *****yness just finished like 6 college assignments in which i had to ***** about how **** various packages were, oh well everyone needs a bad guy ^_^)

Start-> Settings-> Control Panel-> Regional and Language Options

Languages Tab ->

Tick the two boxes, apply and restart.

Go back to the options after reboot

Advanced Tab-> "Language for Non-unicode programs" frame

Select "Chinese (PRC)" from the drop down list, apply, restart.

Jobs a good'n

Upvote 0

DrowninG

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Mar 23, 2003
lol this **** is ****ed man i did what u said, and when i double click the Magic it doesnt learn it >< then i realised i need to translate the ****in magic LOL

Upvote 0

MrSparkle

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 6, 2005
EEk,

I've just started to look att this bit too

Sounds hard!

Hoping that BookConvert.txt will do the trick.

Upvote 0

suysurikeru

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 24, 2005
this is easy to fix

open MUD3\Envir\QuestDiary\System\BookConvertRootin.txt

find where it says

AddStr A1{CONVERTBOOKNAME} "£¨Ãؼ®£©"

change *£¨Ãؼ®£©"* to whatever is used in ur item db.. mine was *£¨Manual£©* so i just put tht in n manuals translated with no problems!

Upvote 0

MrSparkle

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 6, 2005
Guys

This part is a complete ball ache. :noooo2:

Can someone please just pop this part of a working Env up for us and advise on any changes required to the Db to reflect it.

It's all getting a bit on top of me tonight. CBA tBH :tonbricnk

Upvote 0

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
what bit are u find hard? suysurikeru explained as easy as possible.

Upvote 0