Other What are players looking for in a server these days?

Snufkin

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Jan 27, 2011
No medium nor high rates,
No fast leveling,
No Custom items/ mobs,
No lag.

NoLife999

If God Only Knew!
Golden Oldie
Mar 8, 2004
leeds
high rate
custom item/mob
really fast lvling (more fun)
lots of ppl also playing server more fight :P
new spells
new caves

you should try convert your db to heros file so much better and alot more u can do with them :)

ashleyuk

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Loyal Member
Nov 18, 2008
high rate
custom item/mob
really fast lvling (more fun)
lots of ppl also playing server more fight :P
new spells
new caves

you should try convert your db to heros file so much better and alot more u can do with them :)

You forgot one word!!!!!

Balance :) 100% Pure Need This To Run A Good server.. Makes pvping alot funner because no one will die to fast or to slow.. And it really just makes the server ALOT better.

But Mir is dead now days if you log on a server it has atleast 10-20 Users.. Which is kinda terrible for mir.

Even i see ben struggling to get 100 users?? (Not seen 100 recently) :p

-Ash

hershire

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Sep 5, 2004
atm i am using a custom version of 2.3 files we can program in anything we like including new skills mob ai you name it were just about done a new quest window similiar to heroes and gameshop is in the works. i hear ya about user counts im average 15-25 daily and wanna make it at least closer to 50.

does anyone know a good map designer ive been looking to hire one for ages without any luck at all.

Tom27

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Sep 15, 2005
Norwich
Stable stats is the biggest downfall, and lack of interest.
Most servers now are all about leveling & hunting, nothing new or interesting feature wise to keep people entertained.

Skyline

LOMCN Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 26, 2003
Sheffield
To be fair, the only type of server that keeps me interested in quick leveling and plenty of bosses to kill.

I'm pretty much a solo player now, I like to level alone at my pace and kill bosses on my own.

Its fair to say, the type of servers I like are the server that don't last as long.

awadhero

EGYMIR Team Dev.
Golden Oldie
Mar 17, 2009
EGYMIR Lands
To be fair, the only type of server that keeps me interested in quick leveling and plenty of bosses to kill.

I'm pretty much a solo player now, I like to level alone at my pace and kill bosses on my own.

Its fair to say, the type of servers I like are the server that don't last as long.

i agree with skyline about what players like nowadays but they like to become high very fast for pvp and pk beside killing bosses as i see players love pking more than other things.

NoLife999

If God Only Knew!
Golden Oldie
Mar 8, 2004
leeds
pk best part ov the game y camp a boss 4 hours on end wen u can pk some guy and get his good items what he drops :P

ashleyuk

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Loyal Member
Nov 18, 2008
If "Torozor" ever came back but in heroes form i'd deffently play that! Also with more quests (Ofc)

-Ash

SmavidDavid

Playing Legend of Mir 5
Supporter
Legendary
Jun 13, 2006
Worthing, West Sussex
I cant remember server name, it was a PVP sever and it had 1 town map, and it had a village we fought for with instances etc. and 3 major bosses.
I love the idea of that. A decent PVP server where you don't hunt for levels you hunt for kit & mobs are in game for questing. I don;t have time to level and half these servers now days i get bored after a week of leveling here and there. I want something i can log onto.. be maybe 2-3 kits behind most people but stand a chance at a couple of kills & some bosses. Sounds bit jumbled i'm writing this here & there when boss isn't looking.

ashleyuk

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Loyal Member
Nov 18, 2008
I recon most people don't create mir server now days because it is simply just pointless. I wouldn't do it just to gain 20 users and done quiet alot of work.. To some people 20 players is good, alright & not bad ect. But the time and effort you put in it seems like it ain't worth the hassle.

If say 50 players was gonna join a server i would probably tag along.

-Ash

Edit: Just hitted over 1,500+ Posts! :D

Last edited:
Reactions: MythRohan

DevilsKnight

I
VIP
Aug 1, 2004
I recon most people don't create mir server now days because it is simply just pointless. I wouldn't do it just to gain 20 users and done quiet alot of work.. To some people 20 players is good, alright & not bad ect. But the time and effort you put in it seems like it ain't worth the hassle.

If say 50 players was gonna join a server i would probably tag along.

-Ash

Edit: Just hitted over 1,500+ Posts! :D

But its a hobby? Well thats the reason I mess around with server files and spend £100's on dedi servers, well thats the reason I do it. I currently have two dedi's and 0 players lol. Well thats partly because no one knows the IP's :)

I honestly think the problem with servers nowdays is the lack of players, thats what made this game enjoyable to play, the competiton! Without a decent player base then you loose that.

Dk

Twinkey

LOMCN n00bie
Sep 21, 2011
Grimsby
But its a hobby? Well thats the reason I mess around with server files and spend £100's on dedi servers, well thats the reason I do it. I currently have two dedi's and 0 players lol. Well thats partly because no one knows the IP's :)

I honestly think the problem with servers nowdays is the lack of players, thats what made this game enjoyable to play, the competiton! Without a decent player base then you loose that.

Dk

i crnt play a server with only like 5 people on it i find it boring i need aserver wer peple actualy talk otherwise its just plain boring

Skyline

LOMCN Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 26, 2003
Sheffield

Dk

The main problem is most people make a server in the aim to earn some money.

Twinkey

LOMCN n00bie
Sep 21, 2011
Grimsby
i think same thing as that im struggleing 2 find a new server 2 play all servers i been on ether are now boring or the user count has died dromaticley Tats im sure will be banging but till thm i am now bored

DevilsKnight

I
VIP
Aug 1, 2004
The main problem is most people make a server in the aim to earn some money.

How on earth can you make money of mir lol? I suppose get a player base of about 50 and give rewards to those that donate or use a gameshop. Completely pointless excercise.

I'll release my IP soon enough and people can play and let me know what they think.

Dk

Skyline

LOMCN Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 26, 2003
Sheffield
How on earth can you make money of mir lol? I suppose get a player base of about 50 and give rewards to those that donate or use a gameshop. Completely pointless excercise.
I'll release my IP soon enough and people can play and let me know what they think.

Dk
Add a gameshop.

Add donation package.

You will be surprised how much and how many people will donate to get some advantage. I was been offered £100/£200+ for Levels or 1 item on Reunited...

Ripman

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Jul 22, 2003
Romania, Timisoara
Making money from a mirserver is not ok! especially if it is not your work, I mean, you did not invented the game. I think is ok to raise funds to cover the expenses of the actual server, but need to be without items and levels in exchange, also the Gm should post the expenses and stop getting money when that limit is reached. Same as wikipedia does or other non profit stuff...

Actually from my mir player opinion i want from a server:

1. stability (at least 1-2 years of 24/7)
2. no lag
3. balanced
4. low-medium experience
5. normal items (official mir like)
6. rare drops
7. game masters that don't interfere in game at all, only for technical support and bugs fixing and maximum 1 events / weekend.
8. No corruption, all must be equal.
9. No donation for items.

ahh...wait I can accomplish these :)))))))))

I know for sure that all of these are very very hard to accomplish. Especially the last ones if you are e guy without job, also you need to be cold blooded and treat all your friends same as all other players.

Last edited: