Whats happend to the standerd of servers up at the moment?

MasterD

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 27, 2003
Ive recently been playing wow for about two years and just came back to see how my old game is doing and mainly just have a break from wow and i have to say what has happend to this game?. The standard nowadays is shocking... they dont have a patch on the servers what were up 1-2 years ago,luck+60 wepons,every class gets pets,hero pets ect. To me it seems to be ran by kids who just begging for donations or am i wrong here?

/Playa

Zer0

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Nov 8, 2003
It's not that bad to be honest, it's just a little rough patch with not so many servers online at the moment. Those that are online are split into different sources which makes it all a bit of a mess. People used to download one client and be able to play 20 servers with maybe a missing item or a map here or there. There were some really good servers a few months ago, most of them died in the last 2 months or so. I expect things to get much better in the next month or two.

I'm not sure which server you were playing? Luck +60? All class pets? You've just really landed on some silly server.. As far as donations go, Mir private servers have always been about money. Besides the first private servers that were run on home connections, I don't remember ever playing a server that didn't have a gameshop... Nobody's ever been fair enough to just ask for donations for the dedi. So, no change here..

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
As far as donations go, Mir private servers have always been about money. Besides the first private servers that were run on home connections, I don't remember ever playing a server that didn't have a gameshop... Nobody's ever been fair enough to just ask for donations for the dedi. So, no change here..

Not true at all. It's only in the last few years that RLC has been involved. I never played a server 5 years ago that had donations.

Zer0

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Nov 8, 2003
You're right, the old 1.4 and 1.9 servers didn't have a lot of that (although I swear every third you could send the GM some money and you'd get something out of it), but since 2.3 came out, I can't recall one server that didn't have a gameshop. But as far as quality goes, I don't think it's gotten any worse than 2 years ago.

Skyline

LOMCN Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 26, 2003
Sheffield
Must agree, it's only been the past couple of years that donations have become so heavily within private servers.

They used to just be ran on home machines, therefore no need for donations.

I also hate pets for every class, just ruins it for me and also don't like tao pets that can solo bosses...

astrix

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Feb 16, 2011
Must agree, it's only been the past couple of years that donations have become so heavily within private servers.

They used to just be ran on home machines, therefore no need for donations.

I also hate pets for every class, just ruins it for me and also don't like tao pets that can solo bosses...
this tbh, im waiting on 3h as that shud b one of the best servers imo, easy 250+ users my bet

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
donations have just become public, there was always ppl paying GMs for stuff on servers, aka "corruption"

and the only server that has luck+60 weapons would be mine, and the max weapons go to is about 40 luck, so maybe ur just over exagerating i dunno

~HeavenSent~

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Nov 9, 2005
Chorley
I think there would be a few more server up if we had a working account maker for Ruby that the only think holding me back i can not get it working :(

ashleyuk

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Loyal Member
Nov 18, 2008
I think there would be a few more server up if we had a working account maker for Ruby that the only think holding me back i can not get it working :(

Only Hazuki knows this stuff and he said the script fked o somet.. So wont be for a while till this is fixed. RubyM2 files would be great and good to use if login was same as others. If this 1 solved i would be still working on these...

Koriban

Addict
Legendary
Loyal Member
Aug 18, 2006
Brighton
donations have just become public, there was always ppl paying GMs for stuff on servers, aka "corruption"

and the only server that has luck+60 weapons would be mine, and the max weapons go to is about 40 luck, so maybe ur just over exagerating i dunno

Forgetting to mention that Luck+100 on your server is essentially Luck+10 on euro, so it's practically the same just makes it easier to work with adding Luck onto items.

As for servers, only thing that'll ever be interesting to play will be ThreeHeroes. I know if I were to make a server it would have to not be 2.3 for it to last longer than 2months (well, it would, but I'd get sick to death of it, I have far, far too many ideas that a 2.3 just can't do)

But I don't intend to make a server for a long, long time. Too much effort, for what I want to do anyway.

Besides the 2.3's that'll come up, that are usually guaranteed to fail (except Todd's Legion server, that was promising till he decided to take it down) your best bet is TH.

As for users, I'm certain it'll reach 200+ like 4h, it's possible it might hit above 250 as the old faces I saw from OldSkool are coming back to the forums more and more. But who knows. All I know is, it'll be fun.

Shank

The_Mafia
VIP
Dec 4, 2008
It's user count will probably be around 150 max for a while then may dip... will be interesting to see if they have a back up plan incase the lvl cap idea fails, also dont agree with your post about the fact no other server "will work" so your best bet is TH? lets face it alot of ppl dont like bens servers for the fact of the donations on it do ruin it abit ... you can buy exp pots to progress in lvls faster than everyone else(might not be on TH though) also buy item sets which could be like 1/5k in drop files its basically everything is there to buy..... some like it cause they are **** and have to donate for every single thing they have these are the ones who work and dont care about throwing money at mir.

I dont think its usercount will top OldSkool's anyway.

Last edited:

squall777

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 3, 2004
I agree with thread creator thats current or latest are shocking.

They as **** as possible. Seriously i have no idea whats happening to server creators. Suppose the retardness of mir players got em as well ("omg. im so gonna play your 2x euro clone. Been waiting for 1 for ages")

Lately i see:
New files wasted on **** servers like the current rubyM2 online. You bothered making a server using new files to make a euro clone? What was stopping you doing so using 2.3 files? You just wanted fishing and more bugs?
New **** files like hero files that again are wasted due to old decent servers owners fking up. I cant believe that daydie that has created EvilMir and Village which were pretty fun and full of content servers made the hero server thats currently up. Wont even comment on some1 hosting massacre files for 3rd time.
And finnally the easy-to-use, the more-or-less bugfree 2.3 being used on servers like Furian or Crusade. I really dont wanna say how **** i find Furian and why because it will take me a whole essay and i will start fuming and about crusade the hosts managed to turn a server that had couple issues but not huge bugs into a server that gets wiped daily due to bug exploits.

So yes i agree with thread owner about current state of servers but i disagree on reasons. Its not donations and silly stated items or even pets. Its that there isnt a single proper server maker on Lomcn. They either dont bother or are clueless. Might as well close these forums since from looks of it only server that will actually ever worth playing will be any that Ben makes like it or not.

squall777

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 3, 2004
It's user count will probably be around 150 max for a while then may dip... will be interesting to see if they have a back up plan incase the lvl cap idea fails, also dont agree with your post about the fact no other server "will work" so your best bet is TH? lets face it alot of ppl dont like bens servers for the fact of the donations on it do ruin it abit ... you can buy exp pots to progress in lvls faster than everyone else(might not be on TH though) also buy item sets which could be like 1/5k in drop files its basically everything is there to buy..... some like it cause they are **** and have to donate for every single thing they have these are the ones who work and dont care about throwing money at mir.

I dont think its usercount will top OldSkool's anyway.

It might not top OS but thats due to mir community getting smaller every year. You have played OS which was full of donations and had no problems having top chars with me that also never donated. Top players on his servers were NEVER donators.

And yes no other server will get over 20-30 usercount from some1 here in lomcn cause they are clueless and they have a mass disadvantage when u compare ben's files and current here for download/use.

Would love to be proved wrong but what i say aint a guess. Its a fact. Name the last long term server that was made from a guy other than ben that had a proper usercount.

DiabloDoom

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Mar 1, 2010
When a server owner creates an advert, you can quite easily see they have put no effort into it, there attitude shows that they shouldn't be allowed on the internet let alone making servers for people to play, but people still try it, then moan when it goes down lol.

I don't even give servers like this a chance, and they end up going down after a month because the owners come out with **** excuses once they make a quick bit of money.

Only servers that come out now worth playing are FourHeroes or ThreeHeroes when it's out, at least it's reliable, long lasting and has 100+ users.

It should be a requirement to pass a basic I.Q test before being allowed to bring a server out.

squall777

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 3, 2004
You are so cool on the other hand.

(hopefully i wont be infracted again for spam on a pointless thread im being abused)

Legion Server

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 8, 2011
server making isnt exactly hard, if you take your time and make sure you double check every feature you add. My server failed as i rushed it towards the end due to people moaning at me to get it online. Ill see how bens server goes, will deffo be trying it!

I dont know if i will be bringing legion back or not yet, but it will not be till 3H has died/become boring which will be some time :P.