Android/iOS Windows 11 - Upgrade or not?

PoPcOrN

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Dec 9, 2006
shrewsbury
What do you reckon? I've only seen parts of it when remoting on to users machines to give tech support and I hated the changes so unsure if it's worth upgrading or not on my new PC that I've built

Not sure why the thread creator has forced me to choose a prefix for mobile OS but ok lol

Edit: Now I can see why lol, feel free to move thread.

Last edited:

Xx69xX

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Dec 2, 2005
i just made the move myself, and after 2-3 hours everything feels normal.

Reactions: Tai

Pusha

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Oct 14, 2017
England
I've been using 11 since release on my own PC and my work laptop, and for me personally it has been faultless, looks so clean and tidy too.

Really don't understand the hate for it.

Jev

ғᴜᴄᴋɪɴɢ ᴊᴇᴠ
Staff member
May 16, 2017
Worthing, West Sussex
Been using windows 11 since the leaked first build about a month before official release. Even running on the Dev Channel I’ve never had any issues.
100% would recommend the upgrade to Win 11.

Reactions: Pusha

mir2pion

TL;DR
Veteran
Feb 21, 2013
It very much depends what kind of windows user you are.

Those who use windows as a workspace with the standard use on top of it (work means not just office work but technical use of windows, like in my case right now, translating clients for mir3d and hosting servers, while standard means browser, email, socializing...).

Only last month or so there was a patch which fixed the problem of resizing windows on desktop by pulling their edges with mouse. Finally the arrow would appear when you hovered cursor over the window's edge. Up until this was fixed, it was a hell trying to organize windows.

Jpg, png, bmp... which are mainstream image formats still cannot be registered as default and simply launching the images opens them in a printing preview window. It is a disaster that would only be excusable in alpha program stages.

Last update broke win explorer, its address bar vanished, making it totally useless POS... only way to bring it back was to restart the explorer process in task manager. I don't have to tell you how terrific such forced updates are, how they disrupt your work.

Start menu is more and more fashioned for dumb, idiot (socializing users more commonly known as social networks users). It is totally useless, the only thing left on it that I still know how to use it is the search field. I had custom start menu installed but the last update broke that extension...

Normal start menu, read custom, can show you control panels in a vertical menu alphabetically ordered. The only form of control panels in the official win11 is that one where items are arranged in several columns and the alphabetic order goes horizontally across the columns. This is so dumb, I can only feel contempt for those towards whom this is tailored, the dumb sheep like public user mess.
Never mind that to find the control panels you have to search for them :poop::poop:

In its efforts to cater to idiotic dumb socializing users, win11 steals GUI design from Mac computers wherever it can away with it, this start menu positioning and the taskbar design are just two examples. And this idiocy is even sought after, some pple came up with ways to make windows look just like Mac computer, including making the taskbar even more into a Mac's 'Dock' centered on screen.
1700075091407.png
Mind you I didn't pin anything on this start menu, this is default and the choice of pinned items tells all about what kind of users the win11 is targeting. The social addicts.

But again, 'normal' window users will like to have their desktop windows operate like a phone.

Omnibus

Banned
Banned
Dec 9, 2021
I'm loving Windows 10 still with all the features it gives me.

Haven't seen much of Windows 11 but could get it one day.

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
I’ve also been using 11 since it was released and honestly I prefer it a lot. Don’t get me wrong, there’s things I don’t like, but that’s just life isn’t it lol

CraZyEriK

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jan 23, 2006
Alicante, Spain
i been using it since release with the m$ insider preview, and i like it, at the start was some incompatibilities with games, but now, works like a charm