Xbox 360!

Join Discord

Martyn

Smir.co.uk
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 24, 2003
Kent - UK
Theres tons of games out for xbox360, yes old games work on orignal..
PS3 will be twice the power as the xbox360...

im a playstation fella if u get what i mean. but i need sumit new, n its the only new one out. ill get PS3 when its out also... im looking around for places that get it to test out n stuff, i wana buy :P lol

Martyn

LeoCrasher

Former Administrator
VIP
Mar 23, 2003
::1
Whats worrying is the people that express their feelings on this thread could be considerd as electronic/pc litterate...

Imagine how many sales 'are being/will be' lost to people who have even less of a clue (yes, believe it or not there are dumber people than those that inhabit GoT).

/Leo

Biohazard

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Apr 21, 2003
Salem, Oregon
¤]´)÷¤--§îr Äürøñ--¤÷(`[¤ said:
But here's the problem, and I'm not sure quite how to put this, but i'll try my best.

It isn't.

A-Fuking-Men!

LeoCrasher said:
Imagine how many sales 'are being/will be' lost to people who have even less of a clue (yes, believe it or not there are dumber people than those that inhabit GoT).

/Leo

I very very much doubt that.

Martyn

Smir.co.uk
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 24, 2003
Kent - UK
ermm not its stated, every where... n its even said by sony... i watched a ****ing 23minute video ¬.¬ was crap. lol

Speckle

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Oct 22, 2005
But here's the problem, and I'm not sure quite how to put this, but i'll try my best.

It isn't.

erm im sorry to say but it is bbc news reporters have said this if u look at the videos

asda

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 6, 2003
Say you got a peice of paper and in each cm by cm square, you put 128 dots.

On another peice of paper you put 600 dots per cm by cm square

Surley you have saved am image and depending on the quaility, if its good quaility it uses more space.

A game like FFX is only 5gb yes, but from what ive heard that will seem like a floppy disc compared to some games that are in development for next gen consoles.

Why do you think sony spent a huge wad of cash developing Blu Ray? So they could not only run games more efficently but also to make games over the 25gb mark.

Also what you will find is more than 1 game per disc on ps3. Which will bring the cost down of games, as they are saving on packaging, transport etc etc.

Blaminator

VIP
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Jul 11, 2003
London
Im going to get an XBox 360, PS3 and a Nintendo Revolution.

Tekken, Halo, Smash Brothers :drool:

Mar 23, 2003
Cairo Orbital Defence Platform
asda said:
Say you got a peice of paper and in each cm by cm square, you put 128 dots.

On another peice of paper you put 600 dots per cm by cm square

Surley you have saved am image and depending on the quaility, if its good quaility it uses more space.

A game like FFX is only 5gb yes, but from what ive heard that will seem like a floppy disc compared to some games that are in development for next gen consoles.

Why do you think sony spent a huge wad of cash developing Blu Ray? So they could not only run games more efficently but also to make games over the 25gb mark.

Also what you will find is more than 1 game per disc on ps3. Which will bring the cost down of games, as they are saving on packaging, transport etc etc.

No, you've missed the point entirely. PRODUCTION COSTS are the key thing here. Take a look at the Xbox360's games, which, while relatively poor in gameplay, have STUNNING graphics. Wait, hang on, there's no new-fangled thing here, whatcha call it, blu-pay?

As i was saying. Companies CANNOT AFFORD to get their ART CONTRACTORS to make MORE EXPENSIVE AND DETAILED images.

--

As for the CPU thing, you've proved that you can accept propaganda, congratulations. How about looking into those numbers?

I can say my house is 2x larger than a bungalow. Except for a small problem, they're not the same kind of house.

Did you know, Jupiter is roughly 11 times larger than the earth. Shame it's made of a lot of gas, eh? Reminds me of Sony's PS2 Toy Story claim. Maybe you should read into that one, too.

--

For linguistically challenged: look up any words that are in caps. YES I AM SHOUTING THEM.

NewBlood

Natural Selection
Golden Oldie
Apr 22, 2003
Manchester
Ill get a ps3 mainly for the fact i was never once disapointed with my ps1 and ps2 and consider them well worth that money.

As for the 360 it has promise but id need to see it in action and see what its next line up of games is before i consider it.

As for revolution, nintendo hasnt done so good lately but im a HUGE fan of the n64 and of the snes so the promise of being able to get them games on it alone would make me want to buy it. add to that nintendos known for there wacky but deeply playable game si reckon that would be a good purchase to.

Biohazard

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Apr 21, 2003
Salem, Oregon
Exactly!

0285c72d.jpg

Martyn

Smir.co.uk
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 24, 2003
Kent - UK
No, you've missed the point entirely. PRODUCTION COSTS are the key thing here. Take a look at the Xbox360's games, which, while relatively poor in gameplay, have STUNNING graphics. Wait, hang on, there's no new-fangled thing here, whatcha call it, blu-pay?

As i was saying. Companies CANNOT AFFORD to get their ART CONTRACTORS to make MORE EXPENSIVE AND DETAILED images.

--

As for the CPU thing, you've proved that you can accept propaganda, congratulations. How about looking into those numbers?

I can say my house is 2x larger than a bungalow. Except for a small problem, they're not the same kind of house.

Did you know, Jupiter is roughly 11 times larger than the earth. Shame it's made of a lot of gas, eh? Reminds me of Sony's PS2 Toy Story claim. Maybe you should read into that one, too.

--

For linguistically challenged: look up any words that are in caps. YES I AM SHOUTING THEM.
sure enuf crap der... but its a game system, all game systems have specifications, now if them specifications are better thenanother game console.. that game console is better, now if they are alot better lets say.. double.. thats mean its Twice As Powerful...

urbanfox

No Brag, Just Fact
Legendary
asda said:
I can promise you this next gen games will not stay under 1 dvd disc, you may not agree with me now, but just remember i said that in a years time.

1) Xbox360 supports DL DVD dics = 9.4GB.
2) Put your money where your mouth is, I will.

Martyn said:
PS3 will be twice the power as the xbox360...

Martyn

Ok, how's this. NO ****ING NO ****ING NO ****ING NO

Martyn said:
ermm not its stated, every where... n its even said by sony... i watched a ****ing 23minute video ¬.¬ was crap. lol

Do you realise what kind of a dumbass consumer you are?

Speckle said:
erm im sorry to say but it is bbc news reporters have said this if u look at the videos

BBC doesn't KNOW ****. How about game developers like Carmack? Oh, I'm sure the BBC knows more than that guy..

asda said:
but from what ive heard that will seem like a floppy disc compared to some games that are in development for next gen consoles.

From what I hear you're gullible.

Blu ray = expensive. Also, are you aware of compression? The CPU's on each of these consoles are more than powerful enough to handle compression without a noticable performance drop. Have doubts? Take a look at PC gaming and then realise that's with no where near the processing power of the Xbox360 or PS3.

Maybe crappy games from the bargain bin. No one wants to pay extra for something they don't want.

urbanfox

No Brag, Just Fact
Legendary
Martyn said:
sure enuf crap der... but its a game system, all game systems have specifications, now if them specifications are better thenanother game console.. that game console is better, now if they are alot better lets say.. double.. thats mean its Twice As Powerful...

Your reasoning doesn't work. Because if it did, Xbox>gamecube>PS2.

Martyn

Smir.co.uk
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 24, 2003
Kent - UK
god.. u speak more crap then u used 2... as stated before, don't reply to my posts unless asked... what u said has nothing to do with it.. lol... with anything in fact.. lol

Biohazard

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Apr 21, 2003
Salem, Oregon
That has got to be the funniest thing I've ever heard, "don't reply to my posts unless asked", oh man that is definatly hilarious. dumb ***.