Rambles V2

smoochy boys on tour

thedeath

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 26, 2003
regardless of all the drama: dont you lot think if any normal user spammed the same reply 3times in a row on a topic his reply's would get deleted and he'd get a warning for spamming? :p
cough mod abuse cough

Reactions: syke

Hurricane

LOM2
Loyal Member
Oct 25, 2018
regardless of all the drama: dont you lot think if any normal user spammed the same reply 3times in a row on a topic his reply's would get deleted and he'd get a warning for spamming? :p
cough mod abuse cough
yh he should receive an infraction for this as well =))
or the rules does apply on normal players only ?! 🙃

Sanjian

Just a Mir2 Fan
VIP
Apr 28, 2011
East Sussex
yh he should receive an infraction for this as well =))
or the rules does apply on normal players only ?! 🙃
what rules? we got no more ******* rules, you morons saw to that
Post automatically merged:

Pot kettle black... In alot of people's opinions your server was one of the worst that has ever released?
and who the hell is this complete retard?

worst server EVER! damn i want an award. can i get an award?

Chriz

Captain Lurker
VIP
Mar 24, 2003
LOMCN
Jesus, the bickering can be so repulsive in this community these days, I swear when we was all a bunch of kids it was more civilised lol..

Points have been made, now let the dude run his server in peace, I'm sure iceman would want his legacy to live on.

Hurricane

LOM2
Loyal Member
Oct 25, 2018
Jesus, the bickering can be so repulsive in this community these days, I swear when we was all a bunch of kids it was more civilised lol..

Points have been made, now let the dude run his server in peace, I'm sure iceman would want his legacy to live on.
this what happens when there's moderator like jev lol

Jev

ғᴜᴄᴋɪɴɢ ᴊᴇᴠ
Staff member
May 16, 2017
Worthing, West Sussex
this what happens when there's moderator like jev lol
IMG_2290.jpg
IMG_2216.png
IMG_2217.png
Ooopsie

Dirty rat.

Iceman was going to quit the Mir scene and release his files to everyone as a goodbye.
He uploaded everything he had into a private FTP, with the intention to give people the URL once he had left.

Instead people found the his client’s auto patcher was on the same ftp and that by pressing Parent Directory you could see his entire FTP where he stored everything. Files were downloaded without iceman’s consent.

The issue is that iceman was too kind and never wanted to fight with anyone even when someone clearly stole his files and then released a server using said files.

Jev

ғᴜᴄᴋɪɴɢ ᴊᴇᴠ
Staff member
May 16, 2017
Worthing, West Sussex
You aren't enforcing any rule though so technically you aren't moderating anything :unsure:

Anyway I think your enormous screenshots show that Iceman didn't really care about it...
Iceman did care, he decided he wanted to stay on the Mir scene and didn’t want people using his files that were taken the way they were. He then released an advert for a new heroes act.
Basic business, why would anyone be interested in HA v2 is people are already releasing servers with his files. He gave those files out to a select few (myself included), he gave them to people he knew wouldn’t milk the files dry and in turn release a new server every other month to profit off HIS work.

Either way:

OP took those files from his ftp and did NOT get permission to download them.

Now he’s trying to defend his actions knowing full well that ice isn’t here to defend himself.

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
Bit pointless sharing screenshots if they don't actually back up your point though isn't it

• Haha
Reactions: blazee

Jev

ғᴜᴄᴋɪɴɢ ᴊᴇᴠ
Staff member
May 16, 2017
Worthing, West Sussex
Bit pointless sharing screenshots if they don't actually back up your point though isn't it
IMG_2224.jpeg
Clearly would have said “It’s fine I gave him permission”

Iceman didn’t feel he could do anything because he had already downloaded the source from his ftp.

Be like you uploading your source code, server files and client on mirfiles. Sending someone a direct link to download a file somewhere on the opposite side of the ftp and me removing some of the url to dig my way through to find your stuff. Download it without your consent, then release a server using it and claim I put loads of work into it.

I guess with the removal of basic server moderation rules we can use stolen files now? If that’s the case I think I’ll release a Crystal Test Server V2 featuring Sanjian’s source code. (Promise I didn’t steal your code bro just found your ftp and thought I’d take a gander)

@Tai can you confirm if server owners are allowed to advertise servers with stolen files? Asking for a mate.

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
View attachment 31667
Clearly would have said “It’s fine I gave him permission”

Iceman didn’t feel he could do anything because he had already downloaded the source from his ftp.

That's what you would have said.

Iceman chose to say "fair enough i'll sell him code fixes lol"

Jev said:
@Tai can you confirm if server owners are allowed to advertise servers with stolen files? Asking for a mate.

Dunno ask the community

zedina

Mir3 Dev
Legendary
Dec 22, 2005

Dunno ask the community
No offence but why someone would upload the source on a ftp?
Sounds so dumb lol.

I mean theres GitHub, Azure TFS etc.... why to upload source on a ftp?

Jev

ғᴜᴄᴋɪɴɢ ᴊᴇᴠ
Staff member
May 16, 2017
Worthing, West Sussex

Probably felt like the people who slapped him with an untrusted title wouldn’t want to help him in regards to someone stealing his files and advertising a server with them.

No offence but why someone would upload the source on a ftp?
Sounds so dumb lol.

I mean theres GitHub, Azure TFS etc.... why to upload source on a ftp?
Because iceman was going to quit Mir and just give everyone all of his work, he decided against this and wanted to remain within the community and make new servers (Heroes act v2)

Can these posts be merged

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
Probably felt like the people who slapped him with an untrusted title wouldn’t want to help him in regards to someone stealing his files and advertising a server with them.

Or maybe he saw the irony in such an act after he received said "untrusted title" for releasing his previous iteration of files to the public without the rest of his team's consent?

Stop putting words in peoples mouth

Reactions: Hurricane

zedina

Mir3 Dev
Legendary
Dec 22, 2005
Because iceman was going to quit Mir and just give everyone all of his work, he decided against this and wanted to remain within the community and make new servers (Heroes act v2)

Can these posts be merged
I mean from the screens, he thought about it right, source code was released - theres no issue to take code from a source and add it to your source, so why bother to remove the files from advertising?

I mean yes sure if I was in a project with some one and that person would leak the files, I would go against it on LOMCN on anyone who would use/advert it.

Also from your point of view, yeah, anything related to IceMan, as of respect, shouldn't be used or "milked" by others.
Saddly he is dead, out of respect I wouldn't use his "leaked" files.

Ancient

LOMCN Member
May 8, 2007
Jev wanted to release a server in memory of Iceman, now some egyptian geezer who has already released x amount of flops is doing it instead when the mir community said to Jev not do the exact same thing this server owner is now doing. I can see both points. Moral of the story lomcn is full of social degenerates that care more about their pockets and image. Amen.

Jev

ғᴜᴄᴋɪɴɢ ᴊᴇᴠ
Staff member
May 16, 2017
Worthing, West Sussex
I mean from the screens, he thought about it right, source code was released - theres no issue to take code from a source and add it to your source, so why bother to remove the files from advertising?

I mean yes sure if I was in a project with some one and that person would leak the files, I would go against it on LOMCN on anyone who would use/advert it.

Also from your point of view, yeah, anything related to IceMan, as of respect, shouldn't be used or "milked" by others.
Saddly he is dead, out of respect I wouldn't use his "leaked" files.
That’s the issue, They weren’t meant to be downloaded at the time they were.
Or maybe he saw the irony in such an act after he received said "untrusted title" for releasing his previous iteration of files to the public without the rest of his team's consent?

Stop putting words in peoples mouth
“Probably thought” I’d personally feel the same

In regards to “ask the community”

You’ve made it clear by your replies that it’s okay.
He’s using stolen server files and yet there still here being advertised.
Hold a poll?