Rambles V2

Jev

ғᴜᴄᴋɪɴɢ ᴊᴇᴠ
Staff member
May 16, 2017
Worthing, West Sussex
Jev wanted to release a server in memory of Iceman, now some egyptian geezer who has already released x amount of flops is doing it instead when the mir community said to Jev not do the exact same thing this server owner is now doing. I can see both points. Moral of the story lomcn is full of social degenerates that care more about their pockets and image. Amen.
I wanted to release the files iceman had sent me personally which would have included code. I’m talking Libs and images he had collected and worked on.

Talk about morals but even if I did release a server in iceman’s memory.
I was sent iceman’s files by none other then iceman. That’s the difference between me and Hurricane

Ancient

LOMCN Member
May 8, 2007
I wanted to release the files iceman had sent me personally which didn’t include code. I’m talking Libs and images he had collected and worked on.
Regardless. You should see this as a massive green light. If I was you I would do your own server can guarantee you would pull the players over this 2 bit operation cash grab. :)

thedeath

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 26, 2003
and again with the mod abuse drama :p
why hasnt any mod cleansed this topic and figured out that all this drama about if we're allowed to use files obtained through questionable ways should be on it's own topic in a discussion forum?

this is a server advertisement topic, i can understand 1/2 reply's questioning it's validity but not several pages?

Reactions: Hurricane

Jev

ғᴜᴄᴋɪɴɢ ᴊᴇᴠ
Staff member
May 16, 2017
Worthing, West Sussex
Regardless. You should see this as a massive green light. If I was you I would do your own server can guarantee you would pull the players over this 2 bit operation cash grab. :)
I have a server but guess what.

1: No donations.
2: Dedi/hosting paid by me.
3: All bug fixes are pushed to everyone on the main GitHub for crystal.

Only server I’ve released, not a recycled version of a previous server that I’ll end up re-releasing in a few months for more cash.

@thedeath I’ll move comments to it’s own thread when I’m home later from work.
Then maybe a poll can be created by Tai to see how the community feels in regards to Should stolen files be allowed on the forum? With a link for context to take you to the thread with all these comments.

Reactions: TheOnlyOne

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
That’s the issue, They weren’t meant to be downloaded at the time they were.

“Probably thought” I’d personally feel the same

In regards to “ask the community”

You’ve made it clear by your replies that it’s okay.
He’s using stolen server files and yet there still here being advertised.
Hold a poll?

You seem to have ignored this

Tai said:
Or maybe he saw the irony in such an act after he received said "untrusted title" for releasing his previous iteration of files to the public without the rest of his team's consent?

You keep stating "stolen files" yet have posted evidence of Iceman not caring about it so why should i?

and again with the mod abuse drama
why hasnt any mod cleansed this topic and figured out that all this drama about if we're allowed to use files obtained through questionable ways should be on it's own topic in a discussion forum?

this is a server advertisement topic, i can understand 1/2 reply's questioning it's validity but not several pages?

Mod applications were here https://www.lomcn.net/forum/threads/new-year-new-staff.110068/

Jev

ғᴜᴄᴋɪɴɢ ᴊᴇᴠ
Staff member
May 16, 2017
Worthing, West Sussex
You seem to have ignored this

Mod applications were here https://www.lomcn.net/forum/threads/new-year-new-staff.110068/
Exactly, Iceman released someone’s files without their permission. What happened?

Those files received an avoid tag and he was given an untrusted title.
What does Hurricane get?
Let me guess… ask the community

We’re literally talking about files that were stolen off someone who released them originally without the whole team’s permission.
How mental

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
Exactly, Iceman released someone’s files without their permission. What happened?

Those files received an avoid tag and he was given an untrusted title.
What does Hurricane get?
Let me guess… ask the community

We’re literally talking about files that were stolen off someone who released them originally without the whole team’s permission.
How mental

You must've missed the part recently where 70% of the community decided they don't give a **** about any of this stuff and just want servers to play regardless of just about anything? Don't point your anger towards me

But furthermore if Iceman didn't care about it why should we?

• Love
Reactions: LOMValkyrie

Jev

ғᴜᴄᴋɪɴɢ ᴊᴇᴠ
Staff member
May 16, 2017
Worthing, West Sussex
You must've missed the part recently where 70% of the community decided they don't give a **** about any of this stuff and just want servers to play regardless of just about anything? Don't point your anger towards me

But furthermore if Iceman didn't care about it why should we?
So going forward then, should we put a poll up and see how the community feels about people advertising stolen server files and how or if we should moderate it.

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
So going forward then, should we put a poll up and see how the community feels about people advertising stolen server files and how or if we should moderate it.

Why should thieves be punished but not cheats? I argue that cheaters are robbing me of a fair playing ground. I argue that dox'ing is robbing me of my privacy.

The hypocrisy is real and that's why we have the new "hands off" approach. Untrusted titles and avoid tags are no longer being served.

Reactions: WhyYou

Jev

ғᴜᴄᴋɪɴɢ ᴊᴇᴠ
Staff member
May 16, 2017
Worthing, West Sussex
Why should thieves be punished but not cheats? I argue that cheaters are robbing me of a fair playing ground. I argue that dox'ing is robbing me of my privacy.

The hypocrisy is real and that's why we have the new "hands off" approach. Untrusted titles and avoid tags are no longer being served.
Laurie Strode Burn GIF by Halloween

Chriz

Captain Lurker
VIP
Mar 24, 2003
LOMCN
It's like you have all forgotten that we stole the entire game from wemade. [Granted we have an independant source now, but we still use all wemades assets.]

This forum encourages theft. Deal with it lol.

astrix

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Feb 16, 2011
It's like you have all forgotten that we stole the entire game from wemade. [Granted we have an independant source now, but we still use all wemades assets.]

This forum encourages theft. Deal with it lol.
I was going to post more or less this tbh. Its not so much theft but over the years many liked the idea of orig oks. zuma, bug cave. so loads of new servers kept the orig names that x server owner named them. and also say quality orbs ( upgrades if works down grades if fail gains minimal stat per tier upgrade). This idea was implemented along with many other bosses maps npcs. And guess what? people liked them so x new server owner copied and used. its been the same since rage zone and mir revenge days. Saying x people steal now days is just dumb, COPY yeah maybe but considering everything is built up from wemade.... I Think its good people learn and implement new QOL features that other owners have.

Reactions: Chriz

ipwnu

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 3, 2015
It’s a 20 plus year old game with a dwindling community, just let it be I don’t understand the drama anymore.

Play servers don’t play servers tai has it 100% right just let it play out as it will.

As Astrix says, literally every feature we enjoy is stolen, runes, reroll npc, quality orb slot orbs, shards etc.

Jev

ғᴜᴄᴋɪɴɢ ᴊᴇᴠ
Staff member
May 16, 2017
Worthing, West Sussex
1684514907175.png
You banned me before I even had to lower myself to join your Discord server :kekw:
Just wanted your client to archive.

Can someone send me his client please, really excited to play 😂

• Haha
Reactions: zedina

Hurricane

LOM2
Loyal Member
Oct 25, 2018
View attachment 31684
You banned me before I even had to lower myself to join your Discord server :kekw:
Just wanted your client to archive.

Can someone send me his client please, really excited to play 😂
you were banned ages ago from my discord and you are not welcome to play my server also I'm not even uploaded any client yet so don't bother searching for it ;P

• Wow
Reactions: zedina and Sanjian