Rambles V2

ipwnu

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 3, 2015
Why should thieves be punished but not cheats? I argue that cheaters are robbing me of a fair playing ground. I argue that dox'ing is robbing me of my privacy.

The hypocrisy is real and that's why we have the new "hands off" approach. Untrusted titles and avoid tags are no longer being served.
Legit can’t win can you.

Everyone wants what they care about policed but things they are happy with ignored

Reactions: Tai and Sanjian

syke

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Oct 24, 2011
Legit can’t win can you.

Everyone wants what they care about policed but things they are happy with ignored

To be fair nobody asked for this post to be policed except Jev. Whole post is just a mess because his got his knickers in a twist. Don’t see anyone else complaining.

Hurricane

LOM2
Loyal Member
Oct 25, 2018
all forum posts should be policed. if you dont want your threads being policed, post on a different forum....

but that was the good old days when this forum meant something :'(
i don't mind police every post on forum but the question here is there's enough activity moderators around to put all their time on policing every single post on there ?

btw dont invent rules from your brain, Indeed the rules were updated weeks ago if you dont like them, go and find another forum that does what you dreaming about.
don't say "should" and "shouldn't" leave it for mod and they can choose what best for them and for the community

In fact, if people focus on their lives rather than the time they invest on others life they would be more successful than this.

Last edited:
Reactions: WhyYou

Jev

ғᴜᴄᴋɪɴɢ ᴊᴇᴠ
Staff member
May 16, 2017
Worthing, West Sussex
But this is definitly where Admins and Moderators must take a pause
and have a read
You act like us policing nothing was our choice :kekw: .... it wasn't

Really sad to read this, It's not just members and server owners that feel the way you do.

Will continue to actively follow your server's development through discord and continue to wish you the best.

Jev

ғᴜᴄᴋɪɴɢ ᴊᴇᴠ
Staff member
May 16, 2017
Worthing, West Sussex
this poll shouldn't be put there at first tbh
"So the community has voted on revoking Valk's ban on advertising with almost 70% in favour.

You have also expressed the importance of the rules being applicable to all, no exceptions for anyone.

On this basis the LOMCN Global Rules & Guidelines are going to need to be updated to reflect the community's new standpoint on various actions that were, until now, deemed to be detrimental and unacceptable on the whole. So we must get our ducks in a row now before proceeding any further."

Again, this was a staff decision how?

It wasn't, it was a community decision.

If you voted and now don't like the outcome you only have 1 person to blame. YOURSELF.

We don't like the fact cheaters/refunders get a platform to advertise but this was YOUR choice, not ours.

Reactions: Tai

TheOnlyOne

DarkReturn Server High Rate
Loyal Member
Dark Return
Game Master
Oct 6, 2017
Jordan
"So the community has voted on revoking Valk's ban on advertising with almost 70% in favour.

You have also expressed the importance of the rules being applicable to all, no exceptions for anyone.

On this basis the LOMCN Global Rules & Guidelines are going to need to be updated to reflect the community's new standpoint on various actions that were, until now, deemed to be detrimental and unacceptable on the whole. So we must get our ducks in a row now before proceeding any further."

Again, this was a staff decision how?

It wasn't, it was a community decision.

If you voted and now don't like the outcome you only have 1 person to blame. YOURSELF.

We don't like the fact cheaters/refunders get a platform to advertise but this was YOUR choice, not ours.
From the beginning it should not be such a vote
Some things should not be discussed or argued, including that we lift the ban on people like him, and this thing should not be discussed, because this person has harmed many people, especially the owners of servers.

Jev

ғᴜᴄᴋɪɴɢ ᴊᴇᴠ
Staff member
May 16, 2017
Worthing, West Sussex
From the beginning it should not be such a vote
Some things should not be discussed or argued, including that we lift the ban on people like him, and this thing should not be discussed, because this person has harmed many people, especially the owners of servers.
Legend Of Mir COMMUNITY Network

MentaL

Mir 1.4
VIP
Mar 3, 2004
Cardiff
Legend Of Mir COMMUNITY Network
You shouldn't give cheaters / abusers wiggle room, imo. I would prioritize safety of members first. Plus, what does that show to future abusers given there is no punishment? I can understand the position of op, he has to protect his interests and future userbase also.

It only takes one domino.

Reactions: blazee

Jev

ғᴜᴄᴋɪɴɢ ᴊᴇᴠ
Staff member
May 16, 2017
Worthing, West Sussex
You shouldn't give cheaters / abusers wiggle room, imo. I would prioritize safety of members first. Plus, what does that show to future abusers given there is no punishment? I can understand the position of op, he has to protect his interests and future userbase also.

100% agree with you, I don't think the forum should be a place for cheaters and refunders etc but the community wanted us to unban someone that fit those criteria and now are banging on it's OUR fault. It's not.

you mocking from lomcn ?
I'm mocking you because you're stupid asf, LOMCN has the word community in it.

thedeath

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 26, 2003

it's tricky tho: who's going to make the decision on who is cheating/abusing?
the ppl hosting the servers are often also the ones using cheats on their rivals.
even (former?) lomcn staff have been involved in breaking rules that would get a normal person in trouble etc.

it's hard to agree with a handfull of lomcn mods + select number of server owners being the ones deciding who's good and who's bad. :p

Reactions: SmavidDavid

marcmulhern3

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 14, 2009
100% agree with you, I don't think the forum should be a place for cheaters and refunders etc but the community wanted us to unban someone that fit those criteria and now are banging on it's OUR fault. It's not.

I'm mocking you because you're stupid asf, LOMCN has the word community in it.
Is it possible to have transparency regarding the poll?
I would like to see who voted and who voted for each choice.

Sometimes votings systems are biased by design. The mods created a ****/stupid poll and now stubbornness is killing you haha.

Brexit anyone?

Martyn

Smir.co.uk
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 24, 2003
Kent - UK
it's tricky tho: who's going to make the decision on who is cheating/abusing?
the ppl hosting the servers are often also the ones using cheats on their rivals.
even (former?) lomcn staff have been involved in breaking rules that would get a normal person in trouble etc.

it's hard to agree with a handfull of lomcn mods + select number of server owners being the ones deciding who's good and who's bad. :p
exactly, it's hard isn't it, how could we enforce something that could potentially be made up/mislead? XX was cheating on XX, whos to say it was XX on the account at the time, where is the proof etc, it's beyond our control.

Slipmatt

Why the f are we still here?
Veteran
May 10, 2009
County Durham
I do agree with the whole aspect of cheating etc being allowed. Though I do believe the whole aspect of how this was decided should have been split in the sense people decided on the ban being lifted to allow advertising and a separate vote on the cheating aspect of it.

What bothers me is that the vote was decided based on a minimal number of votes, 38 total, when there are far more active members. It feels like a decision has been made based on a minority for the majority. Politics I guess, huh?

Reactions: IHaveALongName

blazee

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 3, 2012
Meh that's a shame going to miss seeing your name around here bud

The **** that's gone on over the past few months here is just outright stupidity imo, we are loosing the "good" part of the community I.e Sanj to complete and utter dossers that have never contributed a thing to these forums like vayes & welshprick, I agree with what mental said should have never allowed any form of wiggle room for the cheaters, 80% of the geeks that voted for valk to come back are cock wombles and now have their own "community" on discord which the only active **** I see is them talking to the discord bot "mir guide" which they like to call tai.. & not to mention LOMCD which has 1.4k members but not a single post since he decided to leave here... lool. Real shame I've loved this community for as long as I can remember but it's sad to see the way its going atm..

It's not about policing servers imo but the forum should defo be policed some how(like the old days & not letting scummy cheaters advertise - no one that has half a brain cell cares if valk makes a server or not lol we've managed this long without him)

@Tai mod me up, revert the rules and let me throw the ban hammer at these absolute cyyunnnnnts itll be a much better place 🤌

TLDR: sorry mir2pion don't mean to steal your thing 😉😉

Reactions: Jev