Bye Bye Megaupload

smoochy boys on tour

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
Oh noes. does that mean Megavideo has gone too?

Geordiehc

Mad Dog Geo
VIP
Jul 4, 2007
Redditch, UK
just proves they dont need sopa.

I was thinking that also.... Unless this is an injuction readying for the introducial of SOPA. Eathier way very bad news, because surely YouTube is the biggest and most common 1 to break copywright laws in this way

Alecs

SPQR
VIP
Jan 10, 2009
Europa
I was thinking that also.... Unless this is an injuction readying for the introducial of SOPA. Eathier way very bad news, because surely YouTube is the biggest and most common 1 to break copywright laws in this way

Google too. It has links to sites, images and videos.

JoeDunn

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jun 16, 2009

most of the copy rights on youtube dont wouldnt stand up in court as most are covered by fair use

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
I hate America. Always spoiling the cool countries fun.

Get out of here America! No one likes you anymore!

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
you can't close usenet. its like torrenting, but with no site to shut down.

well, atleast i presume you can't close usenet >< (excluding newzbin, if you know the domain addresses you should be fine) i remember back in the day when there was NTLWorld, you could download films directly from your own isp

they better not shut down pirate bay, i cba to pay monies for usenet again.

Alecs

SPQR
VIP
Jan 10, 2009
Europa
They want ISPs to cap the internet conection to who downloads anything with copyright.

Shabalabalong

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jul 1, 2006
Brighton
Never really used MegaUpload, not the point though! It starts at MegaUpload, wonder how far they'll take it.

Was reading on wiki, so many companies in favour. Not that many against it, all I remember are Google, Yahoo & Facebook. Didn't take that long to find again, may as well just link it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...fficial_stances_on_the_Stop_Online_Piracy_Act

Actually not that bad, seems the opposing list has grown quite a bit!