Bye Bye Megaupload

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
they already do. Virgin caps my speed for all torrents from 7am to 12am. which is fine, because on my speed is still download about 30GB in that 7 hours.

---------- Post added at 10:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:41 PM ----------

Also, notice every one of the opposing companies are internet based companies, and all the ones for it are mindless financial american companies who have nothing to do with the internet (excluding only a few)

I know every one of the companies against it, but have heard of only a hand full of those for it.

---------- Post added at 10:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:45 PM ----------

I'm suprised Apple aren't on the list of people for it. They'd love to patent the internet for their own.

Prai

Most Importantest
VIP
Sep 10, 2004
FFS!

First that cruise ship and now this! Thats it, the Apocalypse is upon us.

Wounded.

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
I think the Mayans knew that America would ruin the internet, but kept it out of their scripture in case Christians took it as an act of God.

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
I think the Mayans knew that America would ruin the internet, but kept it out of their scripture in case Christians took it as an act of God.

I want to find this funny, but I don't get it :(

/history fail

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
meh, im not all that bothered about it. because all searches have now removed their links to megavideo it makes it pointless for me. you could never navigated megavideo to find what you wanted. And since all the servers have been siezied, unless they had more backups they'll have to start again.

as long as novamov stays up its cool.

---------- Post added at 10:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:01 AM ----------

I want to find this funny, but I don't get it :(

/history fail

I'm afraid it was my attempt at late night humour. i don't think it worked very well.

The reasoning behind my jokes was because the Mayans have predicted the end of the world in december 2012, and Christians / Catholics / etc have taken this to be the rapture. I was basically making fun of Americans and Christians, but mainly American Christians.

If you're watching UrbanFox, i mean no offence, you're probably one of the few perfectly sane American Christians. I bet most the congress are Christians, and don't care if they ruin the internet because it'll only last another 10 months.

I mean i don't know how politics works, but how is it that a group of 60+ year old people, who have only had the internet in the last 15 years, get to choose and ignore the votes of the rest of the world crippling everyone who has also lived with the internet? I just think it's an absolutely stupid way doing it.

Obviously raises in taxes / pensions should be done this way, and everyone would always vote against it. But when its being voted by people who clearly know nothing about the internet (and probably haven't yet been taught how to use it by their son) it makes me cry inside that someone thought it was a good idea to have a country run like this.

I'd say i'm glad to not live in America, but our country is no better, and Americas decision (because they apparently own the world) is going to affect the entire world anyway.

Is there actually any country left which doesn't screw you over?

I've heard Australia's got a cool president

LiIacF

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 19, 2006
meh, im not all that bothered about it. because all searches have now removed their links to megavideo it makes it pointless for me. you could never navigated megavideo to find what you wanted. And since all the servers have been siezied, unless they had more backups they'll have to start again.

as long as novamov stays up its cool.

---------- Post added at 10:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:01 AM ----------

I'm afraid it was my attempt at late night humour. i don't think it worked very well.

The reasoning behind my jokes was because the Mayans have predicted the end of the world in december 2012, and Christians / Catholics / etc have taken this to be the rapture. I was basically making fun of Americans and Christians, but mainly American Christians.

If you're watching UrbanFox, i mean no offence, you're probably one of the few perfectly sane American Christians. I bet most the congress are Christians, and don't care if they ruin the internet because it'll only last another 10 months.

I mean i don't know how politics works, but how is it that a group of 60+ year old people, who have only had the internet in the last 15 years, get to choose and ignore the votes of the rest of the world crippling everyone who has also lived with the internet? I just think it's an absolutely stupid way doing it.

Obviously raises in taxes / pensions should be done this way, and everyone would always vote against it. But when its being voted by people who clearly know nothing about the internet (and probably haven't yet been taught how to use it by their son) it makes me cry inside that someone thought it was a good idea to have a country run like this.

I'd say i'm glad to not live in America, but our country is no better, and Americas decision (because they apparently own the world) is going to affect the entire world anyway.

Is there actually any country left which doesn't screw you over?

I've heard Australia's got a cool president

Our PM's will just drag the UK down further and further because they suck up to America at a ridiculous level. Like with WikiPedia's black out, they "prevented" only the US and the UK from accessing it because of how far up their arse we are. We being the leaders of the UK.

Shabalabalong

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jul 1, 2006
Brighton
They prevented the english language Wikipedia, and obviously that includes us.

Right now, Obama & Cameron aren't like say Blair & Bush, or Thatcher & Reagan. They don't particularly get on, theres been a quote of Obama saying he didn't like Cameron (before he was elected as PM). But I can understand what you mean, as usually we're very close to the US.

LiIacF

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 19, 2006
They prevented the english language Wikipedia, and obviously that includes us.

Right now, Obama & Cameron aren't like say Blair & Bush, or Thatcher & Reagan. They don't particularly get on, theres been a quote of Obama saying he didn't like Cameron (before he was elected as PM). But I can understand what you mean, as usually we're very close to the US.

Does anybody like Cameron? Even his own party say he's a moron.

Was something that said they prevented US + UK, if they wanted to just block out the US they could quite simply have blocked off their IPs?

czeldabolg

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Sep 12, 2005
Staffordshire, UK
Obama stated he was against SOPA anyway,

"WASHINGTON-President Barack Obama has said that we would not support the controversial SOPA (Stop Online Piracy Act) that would allow the justice department to force search engines from linking to sites that were accused of copyright infringement and require Internet providers to block those sites as well."

While he can not stop the bill he has expressed how he's against it. Hence why it's been pulled IMHO.

/Czeldabolg