Client Preview

UniTY

O.G.
VIP
Apr 29, 2003
Florida, USA
~HeavenSent~ said:
New skills CHM FF :bounce: & the lether boots add boady w8 :eek: are these real euro files uv got some how?

The video is showing off an entirely new client and server coded by YKW. Nothing from European MIR past the image and audio files.

CrazyFox said:
Does Cloneing work and HolyDeva because i dint see any of them in the Vidio =/.

Mirroring hasn't been coded yet. HolyDeva works. This is all very much work in progress. The video was just a window into how its going.

CrazyFox

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Nov 17, 2005
Do we have a EMT on the server when it will be finshed at all ?.

CrazyFox

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Nov 17, 2005
Sorry i did not see this bit.

Originally Posted by UniTY
I don't do "ETA's". There is little point to put a time limit on a project that is worked on during our spare time. We have jobs, classes, and lives to attend to, none of which takes a back burner to this project.

Shinoda

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 18, 2003
Hong Kong
UniTY said:
As to the Yawn poster, I don't even think your post deserves a response past this. Nothing personal, I just find your lack of any attempt to understand what you watched a bit.. lame.

The only thing I lack is the ability to understand the logic in spending the best part of 2 years making Mir excactly the same.

Hey I'm not stupid/ignorant, I know full well there will be an amount of truely unique features and look forward to seeing them.

But I just don't agree with your "Mir2 shouldn't be changed that much" approach.

The idea of private servers should be that people should be able to a play unique game experience which still has the basic elements of Mir2. Not playing something so close to home you might as well pay £6 a month for the normal one.

.... Just a difference of ideals :agree:

:ghug:

Last edited:

YouKnowWho

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Dec 12, 2003
Shinoda said:
The only thing I lack is the ability to understand the logic in spending the best part of 2 years making Mir excactly the same.

The reason i started this project was to learn. Is that hard to understand?

Ragnar

Hallowed be thy name
Legendary
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Jul 20, 2004
Shinoda said:

Hey I'm not stupid/ignorant, I know full well there will be an amount of truely unique features and look forward to seeing them.

But I just don't agree with your "Mir2 shouldn't be changed that much" approach.

The idea of private servers should be that people should be able to a play unique game experience which still has the basic elements of Mir2. Not playing something so close to home you might as well pay £6 a month for the normal one.

.... Just a difference of ideals :agree:

:ghug:
So you'd rather pay 6 pounds per month instead of playing for free? I don't understand you either.

Shinoda

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 18, 2003
Hong Kong
YouKnowWho said:
The reason i started this project was to learn. Is that hard to understand?

I understand, I was only commenting about it coming from a perspective as advertising it for a future server.

The work that has been done is incredible, maybe I should of complimented it in my first post, sorry for not doing so.

Gimpasaurus said:
So you'd rather pay 6 pounds per month instead of playing for free? I don't understand you either.

Yes, more people. You know it's always going to be up and you know it's going to be run fairly well (even though its run by GN).

The server scene is ruined by lack of creativity and copy cats from EuroMir... just play it the real version ¬_¬.

YouKnowWho

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Dec 12, 2003
Shinoda said:
I understand, I was only commenting about it coming from a perspective as advertising it for a future server.

The work that has been done is incredible, maybe I should of complimented it in my first post, sorry for not doing so.

Lol that’s fine, no need to apologise for not complimenting it. I'm not doing this for recognition or "boasting" rights.

I do understand where you’re coming from as well.

If there was ever a server setup using the files, I suppose the only added features over Euro Mir would be that it would have everything Korean Mir has, which I believe is a few patches ahead, plus a few little extras. E.g. owning towns.

I do agree with your point about private servers not being stable enough, which is why I have never played on them, waste of time if the server will be shut down next week!

Robert

Actual Jesus
Staff member
Super Moderator
Jan 1, 1970
Yes.
YKW how long did it take you to learn c++ and to apply it to mir? i take it you have a full source code to boot?

how long would it take to completly remake the client and server as you have done if you had indeed prioritised it in your life?

thanks

/an interested LoM player

edit also where did you learn the study of c++?

Shinoda

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 18, 2003
Hong Kong
YouKnowWho said:
Lol that’s fine, no need to apologise for not complimenting it. I'm not doing this for recognition or "boasting" rights.

No I should apologise, jumped the gun a bit when I should of been focusing on the fact you have made the game from scratch which is an amazing feate. Any way no more on the subject, look forward to seeing the finished project.

:bounce:

khalifa

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Sep 5, 2003
Jigsaw's workship
WOW this server and client was and still in my dreams

does this server has the TDB ? (TwinDrgnBlade)

Keep up the good work ....

Last edited:

Damian

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Ravagers
Game Master
Jun 13, 2003
Will the Server/Client be released to lomcn upon completion?

UniTY

O.G.
VIP
Apr 29, 2003
Florida, USA
khalifa said:
WOW this server and client was and still in my dreams

Keep up the good work ....

Edit: DMX was right, I don't know where my mind was. I showed a screenshot of CHM, not TDB :P Every skill that is available for MIR2 can be added. One of the better points of being able to code his own client, he can do anything he wants with it.

Last edited:

Blaminator

VIP
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Jul 11, 2003
London
You guys never fail to surprise me, I thought this project was given up a long time ago :O

YouKnowWho

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Dec 12, 2003
MrRob said:
YKW how long did it take you to learn c++ and to apply it to mir? i take it you have a full source code to boot?

how long would it take to completly remake the client and server as you have done if you had indeed prioritised it in your life?

thanks

/an interested LoM player

edit also where did you learn the study of c++?

Well I started learning C++ several years ago, I’ve taught myself everything, never had a lesson.

I want to eventually get some proper qualifications in programming with C++, as I’m sure I don’t do everything correctly, and i'm terrible at the actual designing phase.

Well it takes a professional development company quite a long time to make a MMORPG. Takes a single amateur developer much longer, but Mir is not as complex as most other MMORPG's, the client is much easier to make!

I've no idea on the amount of time it would have taken me, if I would have just spent all my time on it.

khalifa said:

Yes it does, as Unity said, the server has all skills.

Attachments

• Images000.JPG
    Images000.JPG
    148.9 KB · Views: 89
  • Images001.JPG
    Images001.JPG
    149.8 KB · Views: 78

Robert

Actual Jesus
Staff member
Super Moderator
Jan 1, 1970
Yes.
i no this is seriously off topic now, but would you give any advice on the best way to start the learning process? is there any good books or courses at college that can be taken?