Ragnar

Hallowed be thy name
Legendary
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Jul 20, 2004
How to set up the ledu client to connect to your desired server

By: Gimpasaurus

Step one: You will need to download the .rar archive and place it on your desktop

Link for downloading the mirconfig and ledu exe wich you will be editing:

http://www.senture-mir.com/mirfiles/mir2/LeduLatest.rar

Link for downloading the leduipchanger:
http://www.senture-mir.com/mirfiles/mir2/LeduIPChanger.rar

Step two: Extract the contents of the archive to your desktop using WinRAR

Step three: Open the file called "LeduIPChanger.exe" (you can find it where you extracted the archive you had downloaded).

Step four:

• Open the ledu exe file, then change the IP, then change the server name, then press the save button, then press the OK button (picture provided below)
ipchanger3cf.jpg

Step five: Open the file called "mirconfig.exe" (you can find it where you extracted the archive you had downloaded).

Step six:

mirconfig3ea.jpg

• In the field marked with number 10, press the little square button you see in the end of the field. A new window will appear, browse to the ledu exe you had downloaded in the start and double click it when you find it.
  • In the field marked with number 11, press the little square button you see in the end of the field. A new window will appear, browse to the file called "Liebao.dll" or "L-iebao.dll" in some cases, and double click it when you have found it (it can be found in the folder you extracted the downloaded archive to).
  • In the field marked with number 12, type in the word "pie"
  • In the field marked with number 1, type in the same IP adress you typed in the "LeduIPChanger" program.
  • In the field marked with number 2, type in the same name you typed in the "LeduIPChanger"
  • The field marked with number 3 can be left empty.
  • The field marked with number 4 can be left empty.
  • In the field marked with number 5 type in the same server name you typed in the "LeduIPChanger"
  • In the field marked with 7, type in the number "7000"
  • The field marked with number 8, can be left empty.
  • The field marked with number 9, can be left empty.
  • In the field marked with number 6 type in the number "7000"
  • In the white box inside the mirconfig box, you should see the name "DevilSoul" and the number "7000". Select the line with those writings on it, and then press the button marked with number14
  • After you have followed all those steps, press the button marked with number 13
  • Then, press the button marked with number 16
  • And finally, press the button marked with number 17, and you are done.

I really do hope this guide is easy enough, so everyone will understand, but no doubt some smartass will just ignore it and just post asking for help.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ragnar

Hallowed be thy name
Legendary
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Jul 20, 2004
Tjss said:
i got it running but it comes up saying Wrong! when i put up my server!
You have not searched. Therefor i will be an ass and will tell you to use the search button.

Upvote 0

Tharivol

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Sep 19, 2005
Ok when i start my Ledu it takes a while too load and just flashes on for less then half a secoond then the closes itself this happens after i have Modifies the ledu to connect too my server any help please , thanks

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Tharivol

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Sep 19, 2005
Ok on the post of how too change the ledu with the mir config you said "this does not need too be changed" some of those like website adress and comments etc i have changed. Could that be the reason for my troubles? pleas help

Upvote 0

2BeWho

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Sep 13, 2005
i got everything working but when i log in it just freezes =(

any1 know y this is happening?

Upvote 0

Robert

Actual Jesus
VIP
Jan 1, 1970
Yes.
Talk about bumping up old threads. Yes everyone has an ip adress. Go To Run---> type in ipconfig-----> then it will display your WAN IP, which is what you are looking for.

Upvote 0

1westy1

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Nov 10, 2004
i do that and just get the black box come up and disapear so fast i cant read it :S

Upvote 0

1westy1

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Nov 10, 2004
You must have mis understood, to find my ip and that WAN thing, from typing ipconfig in run, thats what happens, cause i have got a problem with ledu and i think that may be the prob. i try get on my servers, i get that files not found thing but instead of saying the normal it looks like everything is missing :S, but that aint the problem, i click the ok thing and few secs later i get the connection close screent thing. so thinking it was something to do with ip, i used this ip. 127.0.0.1 is that right?

Upvote 0

Zidio

Banned
Banned
Golden Oldie
Nov 2, 2005
LOMCN
1westy1 said:
You must have mis understood, to find my ip and that WAN thing, from typing ipconfig in run, thats what happens, cause i have got a problem with ledu and i think that may be the prob. i try get on my servers, i get that files not found thing but instead of saying the normal it looks like everything is missing :S, but that aint the problem, i click the ok thing and few secs later i get the connection close screent thing. so thinking it was something to do with ip, i used this ip. 127.0.0.1 is that right?

wel if you download ragnars / gimps files all you need to do is simply place them in C: drive setup the db commander path extract the exe in your client folder and run the gates from the start these folder. if your trying to host offline if your wanting to host online thats a different thing if your not on the router you need to goto www.whatismyip.com get that i.p goes through the files and replace all of the '127.0.0.1' ip adresses to the the ip adress you got from www.whatismyip.com then run the gates make the exe with that ip adress also. if your on a router your going to need to find your box the router came with open the booklet and find your router i.p adress your looking for somethign simular to this (192.168.1.1) depending on what router you have, then you need to fidn the virtual server page and forward ports 7000 7100 7200 300 and then use Sentures guide about hosting over the lan.

good luck ;)

/Zid

Upvote 0

Ragnar

Hallowed be thy name
Legendary
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Jul 20, 2004
PennyFarthing said:
Talk about bumping up old threads. Yes everyone has an ip adress. Go To Run---> type in ipconfig-----> then it will display your WAN IP, which is what you are looking for.
Start>run>cmd>ipconfig
Actually =p.

Upvote 0

Zidio

Banned
Banned
Golden Oldie
Nov 2, 2005
LOMCN
1westy1 said:
all i want to do is run ledu for my server Offline

well its not rocket science to download a set of server files you dont have to edit at all and open a few gates and extract an exe into your client folder. its all 100% explained why cant you grasp it?

Upvote 0

1westy1

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Nov 10, 2004
Was there a need for a post like that? jumping to conclusions?
I have my server working i have a set of new mobs some mobs never seen a set of items some never seen, i have all the files i need i do everything the guides tell me, yet when it comes to logging on on ledu it doesnt work.

Upvote 0

ali-g

Permanently Banned
Dedicated Member
Jan 24, 2006
In a box.
1westy1 said:
Was there a need for a post like that? jumping to conclusions?
I have my server working i have a set of new mobs some mobs never seen a set of items some never seen, i have all the files i need i do everything the guides tell me, yet when it comes to logging on on ledu it doesnt work.

yh i agree,
zidio u do av to calm down,
people say on threads "i've searched loads"
you start goin "well search more faster" n av a go at em then 3 weeks later u come up with a thread when they've finished so, my advice 2 u is CALM DOWN AND RELAXO

/ali-g

Upvote 0

Zidio

Banned
Banned
Golden Oldie
Nov 2, 2005
LOMCN
how do i need to chill out this forum is full of everything you need and most problally every error that has been in mir is porbally on here if you cant log on iv personally posted this at least 50 times on this forum and god knows how many other peaple have to you need to empty the contents of FDDB and IDDB in the mud2 loginserv and Dbserv folder then reboot your server and you not have no problems with loggin on uless you have done something wrong ini wise like a wrong i.p or servername you just need to check through all the gate configs and youl soon spot the error

Upvote 0