Just a question ...

Join Discord

DarkXXX

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 9, 2004
Sheffield
i am in no way religious and believe in nothing of jesus and god and shet! i basically think that when we die were gone, our mind and soul dies along with the heart inside us. I think that, but i also believe in spirits/ghosts. as for heaven and hell ¬_¬, ill say no more!

but somethin that always intrigues me, is what is the real meaning of our existence? how did we actually form (dnt belive the moneky bollocks), who put us here, and why are we yet to find any other life apart from our own! How did we advance in the way we did? create the things we use today. Will we advance more in the future, maybe be able to avoid death, a non ending life due to technology?

surely we were put here to do something, and not just basically do sweat FA!

and as for the world being destroyed, i wanna be hear when it happens, and for some strange reason, i also want to experience a war, a world war, a war that will most likely destroy us all :)

urbanfox

No Brag, Just Fact
Legendary
DarkXXX said:
but somethin that always intrigues me, is what is the real meaning of our existence? how did we actually form (dnt belive the moneky bollocks), who put us here, and why are we yet to find any other life apart from our own! How did we advance in the way we did? create the things we use today. Will we advance more in the future, maybe be able to avoid death, a non ending life due to technology?

surely we were put here to do something, and not just basically do sweat FA!

and as for the world being destroyed, i wanna be hear when it happens, and for some strange reason, i also want to experience a war, a world war, a war that will most likely destroy us all :)

There will never be technology to extend life beyond it's current span for the masses and I garentee you will not be here for a massive world war that destroys us all.

jamis

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
May 11, 2003
urbanfox said:
There will never be technology to extend life beyond it's current span for the masses and I garentee you will not be here for a massive world war that destroys us all.

You may not never know , look at the evolution of human kind e.g. in the preistoric age they believed that when they had a head ake that its a spirit going in their head but after hundres of years we know its something common that happens to us.(they used to make a hole in the head to make the "spirit" go away lol..)

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
I don't have a religion. Religion is bull. When you die, you die.

It's all very well wishfull thinking and hoping "it all gets better" n all that crap but dead is dead.

kthx.

Ragnar

Hallowed be thy name
Legendary
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Jul 20, 2004
Floyd said:

It's all very well wishfull thinking and hoping "it all gets better" n all that crap but dead is dead.

kthx.
How would you know tho?

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
How do you know I'm wrong?

How does anyone know here what will happen? They don't.

I'm just thinking like a normal and sane person who isn't obsessed with "amg Jesus" i.e. urbanfox.

My idea is just the scientific fact of life.

Ragnar

Hallowed be thy name
Legendary
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Jul 20, 2004
Floyd said:
How do you know I'm wrong?

How does anyone know here what will happen? They don't.

I'm just thinking like a normal and sane person who isn't obsessed with "amg Jesus" i.e. urbanfox.

Well no1 knows for sure. Nnothing is proven. Basically its a mystery for wich none of us most likely wont find a answer untill we die.

urbanfox

No Brag, Just Fact
Legendary
You may not never know , look at the evolution of human kind e.g. in the preistoric age they believed that when they had a head ake that its a spirit going in their head but after hundres of years we know its something common that happens to us.(they used to make a hole in the head to make the "spirit" go away lol..)

The majority of the population from inception never did that, whether a small 'cult' did it or not, IDK.

You know the same can be said for yourself, that you don't believe because your afraid to be accountable to a higher being.

Your making a rather large assumption I came to faith blind, but I did not.

You want to talk about science?

How about the Bible predicting things like the orbit system, a spherical earth, the hydrolic (rain) system, long before anyone else by thousands of years?

How about archeology in all it's discovery's when pertaining to the Bible always confirming it and never going against it?

It's been historically confirmed that Jesus was in fact crucified and laid in a tomb and that tomb was later empty (which has also been confirmed). Based on hundreds upon hundreds of eyewitness accounts (including those who died for what they saw, sane people do not die for a lie) he arose from the dead.

Know, you can call me whatever you please, but just remember my book has never once been proven wrong, so if you want to doubt it's inspiration that's up to you, but I am definitely not on a blind faith crusade.

Don't take my word for it, investigate yourself.

IceCreams

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Dec 11, 2004
CR0.
urbanfox said:
The majority of the population from inception never did that, whether a small 'cult' did it or not, IDK.

You know the same can be said for yourself, that you don't believe because your afraid to be accountable to a higher being.

Your making a rather large assumption I came to faith blind, but I did not.

You want to talk about science?

How about the Bible predicting things like the orbit system, a spherical earth, the hydrolic (rain) system, long before anyone else by thousands of years?

How about archeology in all it's discovery's when pertaining to the Bible always confirming it and never going against it?

It's been historically confirmed that Jesus was in fact crucified and laid in a tomb and that tomb was later empty (which has also been confirmed). Based on hundreds upon hundreds of eyewitness accounts (including those who died for what they saw, sane people do not die for a lie) he arose from the dead.

Know, you can call me whatever you please, but just remember my book has never once been proven wrong, so if you want to doubt it's inspiration that's up to you, but I am definitely not on a blind faith crusade.

Don't take my word for it, investigate yourself.
They have also found remains of Noah's arc (or ark, not sure), and it was correctly positioned in not only the Bible but also in the Qur'an. I think Christianity and Islam are more linked than people care to believe, mainly because people look down on Muslims as the scum of the Earth.

konnichiwa

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Mar 26, 2003
Urbanfox:

Regarding your post.

I lost my faith many years ago, but you can be assured by research is thorough.

Your references to the Bible containing many examples of science are all true. But although these are true, they dont levy any truth on the Theology matter, which is what is important here.

Archeology too is a good point, but it still does not prove any facts about God existing, or there being a Heaven/Hell.

And please PLEASE dont pull the "Existance of Jesus" routine, YES its proved a guy called Jesus existed, and he MAY have been a great man/historic figure, but the son of god? or even a prophet?

I spoke to Jesus for many years, until i realised i was talking to myself, and it was me telling me what to do, no one else.

urbanfox

No Brag, Just Fact
Legendary
IceCreams said:
They have also found remains of Noah's arc (or ark, not sure), and it was correctly positioned in not only the Bible but also in the Qur'an. I think Christianity and Islam are more linked than people care to believe, mainly because people look down on Muslims as the scum of the Earth.

They have never found Noah's ark...

And Islam is full of so many holes it's not even funny.

Urbanfox:

Regarding your post.

I lost my faith many years ago, but you can be assured by research is thorough.

Your references to the Bible containing many examples of science are all true. But although these are true, they dont levy any truth on the Theology matter, which is what is important here.

Archeology too is a good point, but it still does not prove any facts about God existing, or there being a Heaven/Hell.

And please PLEASE dont pull the "Existance of Jesus" routine, YES its proved a guy called Jesus existed, and he MAY have been a great man/historic figure, but the son of god? or even a prophet?

I spoke to Jesus for many years, until i realised i was talking to myself, and it was me telling me what to do, no one else.

The reason I used science and the existence of Jesus was not to try to win some argument by domination but bring something to light into what has helped me to come to believe, not a careless whim.

More than less people think the Bible is just some fantasy book, but what they don't know is that it contains a lot more fact than everyone seems to want to believe, so I merely used that as a credibility statement to atest that it is not some child's book, hence why I said, and I quote:

so if you want to doubt it's inspiration that's up to you, but I am definitely not on a blind faith crusade.

IceCreams

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Dec 11, 2004
CR0.
urbanfox said:
They have never found Noah's ark...

And Islam is full of so many holes it's not even funny.
The remains of the ark. And there is also proof that the flood actually existed, and that, I think it's the Caspian sea?, was created by an unnatural surge of water from the neighbouring ocean, and by dating organisms in the mud/water they can track it back to those times.

Also holes? What holes, the stories in both are identical. I have had the pleasure of being able to read both the Qur'an and the Bible, and the similarities are huge. We have the same prophets. Jesus is Isa, Noah is Noor, Moses is Moussa, also things like Angel Gabriel, in Islam he is Angel Jybrael.

Strange, seeing as the Bible is supposed to be written by fallible humans...

urbanfox

No Brag, Just Fact
Legendary
IceCreams said:
The remains of the ark. And there is also proof that the flood actually existed, and that, I think it's the Caspian sea?, was created by an unnatural surge of water from the neighbouring ocean, and by dating organisms in the mud/water they can track it back to those times.

Also holes? What holes, the stories in both are identical. I have had the pleasure of being able to read both the Qur'an and the Bible, and the similarities are huge. We have the same prophets. Jesus is Isa, Noah is Noor, Moses is Moussa, also things like Angel Gabriel, in Islam he is Angel Jybrael.

Strange, seeing as the Bible is supposed to be written by fallible humans...

Yes the Bible was written by fallible human's, however they were inspired by God, unlike the koran which has been proven to have innerrancy.

As for the similarities you speak of, don't forget the the koran came long after the teachings of Jesus and the Bible, not to mention their teachings are incredibly different, so please don't ever consider the Bible similar to the koran.

Funny how Jerusalem is some holy place to muslims, yet it's not mention once in the koran....

Muslims say Jesus was a good prophet and man. BS. Jesus said he is the only way to God and the savior. So, how is he good prophet when he totally goes against their teachings... Ask a muslim that, they won't have an answer or they will have a crappy one, that's from experience.

EDIT:

They havn't found remains of the ark.