Just a question ...

smoochy boys on tour

IceCreams

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Dec 11, 2004
CR0.
urbanfox said:
Yes the Bible was written by fallible human's, however they were inspired by God, unlike the koran which has been proven to have innerrancy.

As for the similarities you speak of, don't forget the the koran came long after the teachings of Jesus and the Bible, not to mention their teachings are incredibly different, so please don't ever consider the Bible similar to the koran.

Funny how Jerusalem is some holy place to muslims, yet it's not mention once in the koran....

Muslims say Jesus was a good prophet and man. BS. Jesus said he is the only way to God and the savior. So, how is he good prophet when he totally goes against their teachings... Ask a muslim that, they won't have an answer or they will have a crappy one, that's from experience.

EDIT:

They havn't found remains of the ark.
How is him being the only way to God, and the savior, go against Islamic teaching? Islam says that God has not been begotten and cannot beget. What you claim Jesus says is the fallible part....you can't know. You can't. Inspired by God or not, it's divine inspiration, which is imagination all the same. Whereas the Qur'an was delivered by an angel, the DIRECT word of God. Which is stronger? The Father and Allah are one, they're the same, we pray to the same God. Yet because some shameful idiots blow themselves up, suddenly OUR God is evil for supporting such actions.

urbanfox

No Brag, Just Fact
Legendary
IceCreams said:
How is him being the only way to God, and the savior, go against Islamic teaching? Islam says that God has not been begotten and cannot beget. What you claim Jesus says is the fallible part....you can't know. You can't. Inspired by God or not, it's divine inspiration, which is imagination all the same. Whereas the Qur'an was delivered by an angel, the DIRECT word of God. Which is stronger? The Father and Allah are one, they're the same, we pray to the same God. Yet because some shameful idiots blow themselves up, suddenly OUR God is evil for supporting such actions.

No, our God is not the same. Islam teaches Jesus was a good prophet... huh... he teaches the exact opposite of what Islam is, so please don't ever conclude that my beliefs are of any similarity.

As for the Koran being delivered by an angel, I guess that would explain it's many inerrancy's and total lack of fufilled prophecy, unlike the Bible.

IceCreams

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Dec 11, 2004
CR0.
urbanfox said:
No, our God is not the same. Islam teaches Jesus was a good prophet... huh... he teaches the exact opposite of what Islam is, so please don't ever conclude that my beliefs are of any similarity.

As for the Koran being delivered by an angel, I guess that would explain it's many inerrancy's and total lack of fufilled prophecy, unlike the Bible.
Lack of fulfilled prophecy? Please let me recommend a book to you, it's called 'The Bible, The Quran and Science' by Maurice Bucaille.

"Up until then, I had not thought it possible for one to find so many statements in a text compiled more than thirteen centuries ago referring to extremely diverse subjects and all of them totally in keeping with modern scientific knowledge. In the beginning, I had no faith whatsoever in Islam. These scientific considerations are very specific in the Qur'an"

Bling! I guess you're argument is that he's French and therefore all he is good for is eatin' snails, but hey no-ones perfect.

LeoCrasher

Former Administrator
VIP
Mar 23, 2003
::1
wo I've never seen so much blatent ignorance and people set in their own ways. Regardless of how you look at it, all sorts of religion aim to do one essential thing... teach you their version of right and wrong. Moral principles anyone?... no, thought not. At the end of the day it really doesn't matter who said what and when if you can't look for the reason why they said it.

OMG the stories don't match, big surprise! Does it matter in the grand scheme of things... no. You can use religion to backup doing what you want to others all you like, ie, morally right to invade a country in 'need'... or declaring jihad for whatever. What right does anyone have to influence others when they're not asked, you don't. Also I'm pretty sure all majour religions would essentially say the same thing on that matter.

Look at you lot, bickering over minor details... if I was some higher being I would be depressed about your lack of acceptance or understanding for one anothers views dispite all wanting the same thing, happiness, peace and understanding. Now I'm sorry if I'm once again sounding holyier than thou, but c'mon don't any of you learn from generations of people bickering over religion.

Believe what you like, just don't enforce it on those who don't want it. Look at religion as a guide on how to behave. Your doing nothing but stirring trouble if you refuse to understand or at least accept other people have different views to your own.

Personally I believe the whole faith system was created as setup for social and moral control. To answer questions others could not. Whether this was done by us, or someone/thing higher I don't really give 2c, twas a good idea.

/Leo

urbanfox

No Brag, Just Fact
Legendary
IceCreams said:
Lack of fulfilled prophecy? Please let me recommend a book to you, it's called 'The Bible, The Quran and Science' by Maurice Bucaille.

"Up until then, I had not thought it possible for one to find so many statements in a text compiled more than thirteen centuries ago referring to extremely diverse subjects and all of them totally in keeping with modern scientific knowledge. In the beginning, I had no faith whatsoever in Islam. These scientific considerations are very specific in the Qur'an"

Bling! I guess you're argument is that he's French and therefore all he is good for is eatin' snails, but hey no-ones perfect.

Wait, your argument is refering to one man's books?

Well, let's refer to fact.

Fact, The Bible has never been proven wrong in it's incredibly numorous historical and scientific statements. Yes, that's fact, no matter how you try to spin it.

Islam? Islam taught the world was on the back of a turtle, no?
The Bible taught about our galaxy's orbit system.... long before the masses even thought the world was round, long before.

wo I've never seen so much blatent ignorance and people set in their own ways. Regardless of how you look at it, all sorts of religion aim to do one essential thing... teach you their version of right and wrong. Moral principles anyone?... no, thought not. At the end of the day it really doesn't matter who said what and when if you can't look for the reason why they said it.

OMG the stories don't match, big surprise! Does it matter in the grand scheme of things... no. You can use religion to backup doing what you want to others all you like, ie, morally right to invade a country in 'need'... or declaring jihad for whatever. What right does anyone have to influence others when they're not asked, you don't. Also I'm pretty sure all majour religions would essentially say the same thing on that matter.

Look at you lot, bickering over minor details... if I was some higher being I would be depressed about your lack of acceptance or understanding for one anothers views dispite all wanting the same thing, happiness, peace and understanding. Now I'm sorry if I'm once again sounding holyier than thou, but c'mon don't any of you learn from generations of people bickering over religion.

Believe what you like, just don't enforce it on those who don't want it. Look at religion as a guide on how to behave. Your doing nothing but stirring trouble if you refuse to understand or at least accept other people have different views to your own.

Personally I believe the whole faith system was created as setup for social and moral control. To answer questions others could not. Whether this was done by us, or someone/thing higher I don't really give 2c, twas a good idea.

/Leo

Last time I checked… yep the Bible was full of moral principles.

What story’s don’t match? The historyically proven Bible or the Koran?

No Leo, I don’t think God would think that way, and I am surprised that you would think so. Acceptance of other’s views? The Bible and the Koran teach total opposites, wouldn’t that be hypocritical?

As for enforcing… where? I am not forcing anything down anyone’s throats but simply defending my views against those who want to asimulate theirs into mine.

As for your last paragraph, I believe that view was created by those who do not want to be help accountable beyond this world, who want to be their own ‘masters’

Last edited:

LeoCrasher

Former Administrator
VIP
Mar 23, 2003
::1
urbanfox said:
Last time I checked… yep the Bible was full of moral principles.

What story’s don’t match? The historyically proven Bible or the Koran?

No Leo, I don’t think God would think that way, and I am surprised that you would think so. Acceptance of other’s views? The Bible and the Koran teach total opposites, wouldn’t that be hypocritical?

As for enforcing… where? I am not forcing anything down anyone’s throats but simply defending my views against those who want to asimulate theirs into mine.

As for your last paragraph, I believe that view was created by those who do not want to be help accountable beyond this world, who want to be their own ‘masters’

Yes it is full of moral principles Urbano, twas my point.
The different stories of different historical texts such as the bible, koran, hitchhikers guide to the galaxy, what have you.

I didn't mention God specifically, as that would imply I believe in him in the same way many Christians do, and frankly I don't. I believe in higher beings, either at a different level of existance, or technologically.
You might be familiar with this theory of civilisation evolution:
Harness power of planet (requires internation cooperation)
Inhabit other words and harness their power (requires organised society)
Harness power of star (requires a great degree of cooperation)
Harness power of galaxy (requires cooperation of many worlds)
Harness power of the universe (... you get the picture).

My point is, anyone capable of reaching the higher stages would be capable of being perceived as a 'God', and being able to create and destroy worlds, moulded at their will. Heck if you can harnesss the power of the universe I very much doubt you can't switch which level of existance you reside on. Like another user said (mentioned witchcraft), what we can't understand yet - we may in the future. Take a computer back to the middle ages and show someone a battle simulation. Your machine and you would probzo get accused of witchcraft and burnt... not nessacerily in that order either.

Say these people, or person however came to a world, created life as they very much like to do... they might also want to ensure their survival without interferring too much (free will ne1?). Hence the prophets and religious texts. Course, different stories tell the same principle in different ways. And history allows for all sorts of errors to creep into the mix. Thats why I view it only as a guide.

If you were to stick me in a room with God, I wouldn't believe I was having a 'numerious' (I think thats what you call it) experiance, I'd think I'm looking at someone who is a lot smarter and experianced than me, and I would want to learn from them to accomplish similar feats. If however, like you believe this kid will judge me, then I must be allowed to judge him too. Sometimes a lower intelligence can provide valuable insight into an area you had not considered, being so used to thinkin complex. (Ie, I took a laptop apart to see if the HD was broked, cos it was saying 'OS not found' at bootup... while an AOL'er just removed the floppy diskette for me).

Lastly, are you saying my view is shared? Damn and I thought I came up with something both plausable and original. You are right however, I do want to control/'master' my own destiny and I won't easily submit to anyone that forces me otherwise. However, not being accountable I disagree with. If, as you say I go 'beyond this world' then I very much welcome to prospect of me being accountable for anything I have done here, it is only fair.

In summary, what we currently perceive as Gods may only be technically/spiritually superior beings, which we can also achieve in time and cooperation. Im not saying I believe this, only that its a plausable explanation.

/Leo

urbanfox

No Brag, Just Fact
Legendary
Say these people, or person however came to a world, created life as they very much like to do... they might also want to ensure their survival without interferring too much (free will ne1?). Hence the prophets and religious texts. Course, different stories tell the same principle in different ways. And history allows for all sorts of errors to creep into the mix. Thats why I view it only as a guide.

The reason I view it as truth is because unlike other supposed 'guides', this one has been proven historically and scientifically acurate far above and beyond anything else, not to mention not one thing in it has ever been proven false, not even in the slightest historical account. Predictions so detailed so long ago that turn out to be 100% on target is not something to brush off.

I would have to heavily disagree that different story's tell the same story, they are diametrically opposed.