legendofmir.co.uk

Carribean

I abused the reputation system, now I'm stuck with
Veteran
Feb 18, 2013
it's all just ripped from mirguide.com, gratz on the copy and paste.

i suppose you will update when he updates lol?

oO~Unknown~Oo

Banned
Banned
Veteran
Dec 4, 2007
UK
it's all just ripped from mirguide.com, gratz on the copy and paste.

i suppose you will update when he updates lol?

Didn't expect anything more from you really. When you say 'all' you mean the icons on the guide page. Hardly copy and paste, it's not as easy as you make it sound but had to start somewhere. Almost every website you stumble on will have the similiar 'mir' images. I believe they are gamepot images too. I will update when I am free and feel like it, don't see the need of waiting around. The rest is easy.

Sorry no, I take that back. The icons aren't even a rip off either. There images of in game items, how can anyone claim it's theirs? Only thing that may be considered theirs is the headers, that's it. I hope now you know how stupid you sound and trying to start something that's not going to happen.

Last edited:

DiabloVodkaShot

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Feb 20, 2009
Do you mind telling me if the skills are taken from apocalypse website? I mean was it really that hard to go in game and take your own?

oO~Unknown~Oo

Banned
Banned
Veteran
Dec 4, 2007
UK
Do you mind telling me if the skills are taken from apocalypse website? I mean was it really that hard to go in game and take your own?

That's like saying was it hard to use your own interface than using Mir Chronicles in game interface. Going in game and taking my own would be just the same, too lazy, sorry.

Xx69xX

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Dec 2, 2005
That's like saying was it hard to use your own interface than using Mir Chronicles in game interface. Going in game and taking my own would be just the same, too lazy, sorry.

And this just shows how naïve you are. Firstly the interface is from Korean Mir, not Chronicles. also it takes about 3 weeks of coding to change the interface, its not just image changes lol.

You asked for feedback, you are getting it, Laziness always get slated.

DiabloVodkaShot

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Feb 20, 2009
And this just shows how naïve you are. Firstly the interface is from Korean Mir, not Chronicles. also it takes about 3 weeks of coding to change the interface, its not just image changes lol.

+ The border added is one designed by DayIDie...

Last edited:

oO~Unknown~Oo

Banned
Banned
Veteran
Dec 4, 2007
UK

Yeah and they are the same? It doesn't mean that one or the other copied each other. What does it matter? They are all just the same.

+Exactly, they are just image changes.. It's like i've taken someones hours of hard work. I don't see how much difference you're expecting if I took my own. It's going to look exactly the same more or less because we are both trying to achieve the same thing.

Last edited:

Xx69xX

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Dec 2, 2005
Yeah and they are the same? It doesn't mean that one or the other copied each other. What does it matter? They are all just the same.

Are you crazy :P? Every server uses the Same spells/items/interfaces etc. But taking someone's work for your website is Lazy. Mir is the game, website is the owners property. As I said, I haven't made a comment on your website, but your getting negative reactions from people because you just literally ripped images and then asked for feedback, did you expect people to say "oh wow, really nice!"?

oO~Unknown~Oo

Banned
Banned
Veteran
Dec 4, 2007
UK
Are you crazy :P? Every server uses the Same spells/items/interfaces etc. But taking someone's work for your website is Lazy. Mir is the game, website is the owners property. As I said, I haven't made a comment on your website, but your getting negative reactions from people because you just literally ripped images and then asked for feedback, did you expect people to say "oh wow, really nice!"?

I wasn't expecting that reaction, in fact, I saw this coming. I guess every person wants to make their claim and thats expected. For the record it wasn't an easy job, took a good few hours to get it as it is. I never claimed that the images were mine, I mostly was expecting feedback on the new layout, the background image, the logo but people are mostly interested in the guide more and by people I mean your team.

TheDayIDie

Banned
Banned
Dedicated Member
Jul 29, 2011
UK
I wasn't expecting that reaction, in fact, I saw this coming. I guess every person wants to make their claim and thats expected. For the record it wasn't an easy job, took a good few hours to get it as it is. I never claimed that the images were mine, I mostly was expecting feedback on the new layout, the background image, the logo but people are mostly interested in the guide more and by people I mean your team.
There are 3 members in their team and I for one have not yet commented. I try to be impartial at all times as I work separately in a team whilst trying to contribute to lomcn.

Some advice from my past experience as a player. At early stages of files like this people put up with crap because they are curious about the files. As the files develop people will go to servers that show uniqueness.

I look at your website and I feel thats it's generic, similar to chronicles / lomcn. Your server is called I think '5 heroes'? Which is dull and has no imagination and your server has no or very little custom content as far as I'm aware.

Introducing a guide is good to showcase your server and its content but if you use other people's content then people will think your half arsed and that it may not be a true reflection of your server. I also feel that your motive for creating a guide is because it's currently the trend in popular servers however that's not the case.

Servers take a long time of planning and processing. Chronicles didn't come up over night and we haven't got our user base over night either.

Anyway good luck.

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
lol at your guide

You stole the exact same layout from mirguide, took their header images, you copied their exact item images when there were 1000's to go by. I've got to laugh at the fact you're using shanda and mir3 images when your server uses wemade. Did you even look at what you're stealing?

You literally put zero of your own thought in it, you just ripped yet another persons work and claimed it.

oO~Unknown~Oo

Banned
Banned
Veteran
Dec 4, 2007
UK
There are 3 members in their team and I for one have not yet commented. I try to be impartial at all times as I work separately in a team whilst trying to contribute to lomcn.

Some advice from my past experience as a player. At early stages of files like this people put up with crap because they are curious about the files. As the files develop people will go to servers that show uniqueness.

I look at your website and I feel thats it's generic, similar to chronicles / lomcn. Your server is called I think '5 heroes'? Which is dull and has no imagination and your server has no or very little custom content as far as I'm aware.

Introducing a guide is good to showcase your server and its content but if you use other people's content then people will think your half arsed and that it may not be a true reflection of your server. I also feel that your motive for creating a guide is because it's currently the trend in popular servers however that's not the case.

Servers take a long time of planning and processing. Chronicles didn't come up over night and we haven't got our user base over night either.

Anyway good luck.

Cheap. I didn't ask for your opinion on my server or my servers name for that matter. Also how can it be generic when for years people have been using the same form of layout, way before chronicles or lomcn even started it. But if you want to head down that route we can.. Look at your background on your site and look at chronicles.. It's not exactly the same but your both using a dragon. So don't talk about originality when Mir is almost the same on every server apart from people's own ideas implemented into a server.

Actually my server is called The Five Heroes and it represents the five classes since it's the first files that supported five classes and considering my server was the very first server that went online using the files (not to forget that most of which my server helped develop the files considering there were a lot of bugs that were found and passed on to developers). I can't argue with the server being a bit dull but I no longer work on that server anymore (just fyi) and when I did there was a lot of issues with the files that I went through and put them first before adding custom ideas. But this weren't a subject regarding my server but you thought you would just through yourself because there's one angry third team member.

I am introducing a guide and will continue to do so, not because it 'showcase' my server but to do its job which is 'guide' my players and anyone else who plays mir who wishes to use it as resource site. It's not just a 'trend' for popular servers. People seem to think that most things I do is to do with my server, it's really not, I like web development and I'm enjoying doing it in my spare time. You are going on like it's a crime to use something that will almost look identical if I took it myself. Let's not forget to mention mirguide.com took these images from chronicles and used them but I don't see anyone else complaining? But because it's me and I am using it on my website it's become an issue from something so little and I haven't even completed yet.

Thanks for your feedback anyway.

lol at your guide

You stole the exact same layout from mirguide, took their header images, you copied their exact item images when there were 1000's to go by. I've got to laugh at the fact you're using shanda and mir3 images when your server uses wemade. Did you even look at what you're stealing?

You literally put zero of your own thought in it, you just ripped yet another persons work and claimed it.

Well done for commenting on something that was commented on before, your very clever. I know what I am doing thanks for your concern. It doesn't take a genius to work out you've had a problem with me for a while and have been a biased towards me. What 'another' person work and claiming it please enlighten me?

I'll repeat what I said yesterday

Please don't repeat anything, bore off because your input doesn't matter to me.

I cant believe people actually play this guys server... or worse donate to him

Do you even exist anymore? It's a non-donate server. I pay out of my own pocket.

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
Just to break up the bandwagon here, without defending the op who is an absolute wally btw your forum bg doesn't fit on a 1920 resolution.

Apocalypse team - I don't see how it's any different to you using Chronicles' work which they put time into editing (maps, interface, who knows what else) so please, drop the hypocrisy.

Bon - You were asked directly by us when this server came up if you had an issue with them using that name and you said no. Was that just so you could jump on every thread with "couldnt u made up ur own server name why u stealin mine"

DiabloVodkaShot

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Feb 20, 2009
Right so if you dont care about peoples feedback perhaps dont ask for it on an open forum.

:) have a nice day.

oO~Unknown~Oo

Banned
Banned
Veteran
Dec 4, 2007
UK
Right so if you dont care about peoples feedback perhaps dont ask for it on an open forum.

:) have a nice day.

They are hardly feedback. The only person who took the time to actually give some sort of feedback was DayIDie.

Have a nice day too.

p.s Tai put everything I said in short.

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
Well done for commenting on something that was commented on before, your very clever. I know what I am doing thanks for your concern. It doesn't take a genius to work out you've had a problem with me for a while and have been a biased towards me. What 'another' person work and claiming it please enlighten me?

I'm not biased towards you, i just don't like you. You ask for help yet do nothing off your own back and give nothing in return to help others.

You took daneos db then just put a server online because you thought everything had already been done for you, no thought of your own, no originality.

oO~Unknown~Oo

Banned
Banned
Veteran
Dec 4, 2007
UK
I'm not biased towards you, i just don't like you. You ask for help yet do nothing off your own back and give nothing in return to help others.

You took daneos db then just put a server online because you thought everything had already been done for you, no thought of your own, no originality.

Almost every server online now took those files, maybe altered them but aren't there for a reason? I took them at first in the hope of finding bugs for the developers as I said in my original post (if it's still around) and believe me I found a lot of bugs, not just code bugs but server bugs that took a while to get them even in a good condition and considering I been away from mir for a while it was a good starting point to get back into it. I don't see the problem in that considering post people used to take TD 2.3 files and run a low rate without any form of originality but no one jumped on the wagon and made a big fuss about it on almost every thread. Also I have given back to the community, your just too naive to see that.

---------- Post Merged at 12:07 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 12:01 PM ----------

I have changed and added a lot since then so they are mine to claim. I hope we don't bring this up again months down the line, I thought we already covered this plenty times before. Sad, didn't think this was your style.

Just to break up the bandwagon here, without defending the op who is an absolute wally btw your forum bg doesn't fit on a 1920 resolution.

Apocalypse team - I don't see how it's any different to you using Chronicles' work which they put time into editing (maps, interface, who knows what else) so please, drop the hypocrisy.

Bon - You were asked directly by us when this server came up if you had an issue with them using that name and you said no. Was that just so you could jump on every thread with "couldnt u made up ur own server name why u stealin mine"

Is it the width or both, length and width?