= [Live] - [Meteora] - [v3] =

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
p.s to davidshaw, To change TBolt to greatfireball you would need to be able to code it so it uses more images in the wil file as you will need the fireball effect from every direction...

OH I FORGOT, You cant lol. So go do some overwriting of your limited wil files and rename like a wooden sword to a GyroBlade or something and use Killmasters wil files unedited while we go add a Weapon2.wil and have as much weapons as we do very much like. :) I can stoop down to your level any day m8
hate to say it, but u can make a skill that looks like t bolt but is gr8 fire ball

and tuma didnt make ne of the wills, i did... and i didnt get them from killmaster

k lets just all sit around and wait till Td releases something instead m8, your probably right what we are doing is pointless. I am gonna go set up a server on TDs files and then download Liandrin and Killmasters Weapon set, Up exp to x100 and Have some seriously high stat items, Im sorted.

now ur just bein bit of a noob rly lol... OS is more than x100 EXP and seriously high stat, or it wouldnt be so popular.

Yes so wot... TD are the only files we have atm? u dont have to brag about bein so special u know lol :x there will be other files released eventually that every1 will have access to, and then ull be in exactly saem boat as us.. u wont be able to sit there goin YE WELL WE CAN CODE ANY THING WE RULE RARRRRR!!!

seriously cant we just get along, this arguein is pointless... big woop ucan code, u can do fancy stuff like make new items(that will just get riped) and make new spells... its gr8 and all but like ive said in the past, uber cool new stuff dont make a server gr8 :x -_-

Last edited:

mutatedkbass

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Veteran
Jul 4, 2004
Aye, wasnt a jab at OldSkool, or any other high stated server. Just get pissed off when people are saying "what ur doing is pointless" and comparing us to OldSkool yet again implying Meteora should be high stated and normal server files.

And a source has been released so why not see what you can do dude.

Just this whole thing pissing me off, and Meteora and OldSkool have no comparison cause there so different.

Xanan

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Jan 5, 2006
Just this whole thing pissing me off, and Meteora and OldSkool have no comparison cause there so different.

Exactly..
What Meteora have done is awesome, hardly (if ever) done by or for a mir server, although keeping it low stat/exp means the user count will always be lower than it COULD be.
Whilst Oldskool has made a server very much aimed at attracting the highest usercount, with high stats etc. Although if im to be honest tuma goes about slating all these servers, yet i hardly hear from him on OS at the moment..

/Gandi

Dookie

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Aug 5, 2004
Patch 3.1 - The Three Priests

Patch 3.1 - The Three Priests

=========================================
M E T E O R A | E X P R E S S
=========================================​
UNKNOWN RACE FOUND IN EASTER!
There has always been talk of lands far from the shores of Meteora. Questions asked and rumors spread about what might exist there. Few have gone and returned, this just fuels the speculation. Stories from the few that have been there and survived tell tails of an organized and brutal army lead by a fearless King under the corruption of three priests, tall stories surely?

Due to recently open teleportation links to Easter Low Lands our team of investigative reporters accompanied a discovery team to give the area is first proper exploration in centuries. What they discovered has left the lands of Meteora in shock. The expedition uncovered a temple containing the creatures that are mentioned in these tales from the other land. In addition there seems to be traces of serious spiritual activity from the area where there underground lair was found, to the south west of Easter Village.

We have been informed that all Province officials have been notified of the discovery and have assigned Spell Masters to create a range of new attacks to be used against the new threat discovered in the Easter Low Lands. By Herald.

POLTERGEIST IN THE PASS

Further exploration of the newly opened Lithium to Easter Low Land’s trade link has come across an ancient burial ground deep within the pass. They have confirmed there is a strong spiritual presences in the depths of the pass and are calling for experienced hunters to try and help them rid of it. By Herald.

=====================================================
=====================================================​

The Three Priests [Part1]
- Easter Cave Burial Room - Different map from the one that was in place during the event. Made specifically to house the multiple boss idea I have come up with.

- Sanema Priest Hideout – A new temple located in Easter Low Lands, 4 floors + 3 unique maps which will make up the run to KR for this temple. I have also created a KR specifically for a similar multiple boss idea to that in Easter Cave.

The Three Priests [Part2]

In part two of the patch we hope to have a completely new client with a lot of bug fixes.

The Three Priests [Part3]
In part three of the patch we hope to release a client and accompanying data files for the three new spells that will be introduced into the game.

We are also considering a slight rise in the experience rate of the server. If it does occur not only will the changeable rate be looked into but also some of the higher level experience targets. We hope to have part 1 implimented within the next few days.

- Lind

Last edited:

Dookie

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Aug 5, 2004
Can only be changed our end for the time being. People seem to have adapted to it quite easily though, i was the same when Euro changed their interface with 2.3 but i got used to it eventually.

-Lind

mutatedkbass

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Veteran
Jul 4, 2004
Tis good if not better once you get used to it doesnt use up so much darn screen lol.

NewHope

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Nov 18, 2005
Tis good if not better once you get used to it doesnt use up so much darn screen lol.

Most the new screen space that it gives you makes no difference than to serve as another way to distance yourself from other servers by trying to make everything that already exists look different. If anything its worse, due to the small and akward placing of the HP/MP bars.

mutatedkbass

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Veteran
Jul 4, 2004
Agreed the HP and MP need to be more obvious imo, so i am thinking of putting forward an idea to flash something above the head when low on HP / MP

Or have a selector so you might be able to select your style of HP bar.

Dookie

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Aug 5, 2004
I've added a beta version of the religion system into game just to see what you guys think and to test that it will all work.

General concept:

There are two religions in Meteora, Zenith and Necropolis. Both have completly diferent back stories but both have come to power at the same time and are on the verge of war.

Zenith Religion
The Zenith Religion was founded by an outcast of Tao School by the name of Ichman over a 1000 years ago. He was a Taoist in training at the School for over 20 years, but forged his own beliefs of what being a Taoist meant. He believed that all people in the lands of Meteora could use the spiritual methods the Taoists do to help them in their day to day struggle against the monsters of Meteora. The Head Taoist's of the School didn't like this idea, and banished Ichman from the school. Ichman ended up in Horizon City where he developed the Taoist's spiritual methods into a religion for all the people of Meteora to follow and believe in. Ichman's faith in the ordinary people of Meteora paid off, as soon him and his followers were able to do things that the Taoist's could only dream of.

Necropolis Religion
10,000 years ago a fierce battle engulfed the lands of Meteora. Spirit beasts like never seen before attacked the whole of the lands from the north, no one to this day knows where they came from. Fortunately, the whole of Meteora united and fought off the beasts. However their leader could not be killed and had to be held captive within a humans body. The name of this human was Teravaine, the power of the beast twisted his body and mind and he was locked deep within a temple for the protection of the lands. Over the years the location of the temple became lost, until 1,000 years ago when it was uncovered by some explorers and Teravaine escaped the temple. He then began to amass a following and started teaching people the dark abilities the Spirit Beast within him had blessed him with.

Now in the Beta version of the Religion System there are limited perks, i've added this more as a test than an actual feature at the moment. Having said that if all goes well the testing will be fun and have a small reward. During beta it will be your job to pledge yourself to one of the two religions and then help them gain support from the monsters of Meteora. To do this you must kill them monsters in each cave and bully them into supporting your religion. The whole server will be notified when a monster race is converted to a religion. It will then be up to the opposing religion to convert the race back by killing the converted race and swaying them back to their religion. The reward for gaining the support of a cave/temple is that all members of the religion get teleports deeper into the cave. Now depending on how this goes the religions may be set back to neautral when the testing is over, i haven't quite decided yet. But either way it shouldn't effect players to much.

For more information on how to join a religion take a look at the latest news found on Herald in any town.

-Lind

EDIT:I forgot to add that the Beta Religion System will only effect BW and MW cave mobs. The rest of the server will be added when i can determine the system is working.

Last edited:

Dookie

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Aug 5, 2004
Just a quick note to let everyone know that the team are going to be stopping work on the server for two weeks starting from tomorrow. We all have very important exams over the next few weeks and will have very little time for anything else other than revision. However once this period is over we hope to really push on with updates/fixes. The server will still be online, but there will be little to no activity from any of the main admin.

We hope you can all appreciate our reasons for this.

Thanks

-Lind

PS: Sorry for double post, had to be done.

NightScare

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Nov 11, 2005
Nottingham
Lets end this now.

Meteora have revamped Mir. They have made a huge step in what can actualy be done, new spells etc.

OS has everything any half intelligent 12 year old could do. GG.

pity meteora has an average user count of 4. isnt it.

the server may have loads of new features.

but lets face it, mir isnt fun if there's only 4 of u.

Mir gets fun when around 80+ people.
i dont even bother downloadin a server unless has high user count.
waste of time.

DavidShaw

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Nov 3, 2007
pity meteora has an average user count of 4. isnt it.

the server may have loads of new features.

but lets face it, mir isnt fun if there's only 4 of u.

Mir gets fun when around 80+ people.
i dont even bother downloadin a server unless has high user count.
waste of time.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

GF Meteora Team :P maybe ill log on and increase the usercount by 25% ..

The funniest thing is :P ...

Your using more Bandwidth on this forum than players are on your server, lawl.

Kazuki

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 4, 2006
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

GF Meteora Team :P maybe ill log on and increase the usercount by 25% ..

The funniest thing is :P ...

Your using more Bandwidth on this forum than players are on your server, lawl.
Seriously, who are you?

That post is old btw.

mutatedkbass

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Veteran
Jul 4, 2004
Seriously, who are you?

That post is old btw.

Ah, hes someone who claimed to do something on OS, but he said he "retired" i think Ben must have came to his senses and kicked him off the team cause hes childish and inmature :)

Dookie

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Aug 5, 2004
The reward for gaining the support of a cave/temple is that all members of the religion get teleports deeper into the cave.

The Religion System seems to have developed quite well, so additional perks have been added such as the Religion that owns a cave will now get an exp boost when they hunt there. I am also going to be adding a SpiritualGuardian NPC where players can rent pets from diferent areas, they can only rent certain pets if they control the area where the monster is found.

Viper and Yimoogis have also been added.

-Lind

-=Nelly=-

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 18, 2007
Romania
i downloaded full client from first page and when i try enter game it says conection closed,is there a new exe or is the server down?

Status
Not open for further replies.