MIR Unleashed

XXXXX

Banned
Banned
Veteran
Jan 12, 2004
you could add to the mir feature of football, maybe having it set so if the ball pass's between certain co ords it does a shout out saying goal or something and like mir had guild war zones where which guild killed more members on as map like mirs old guild war event years ago, have football matches like this.

maybe also simplifying mirs idea and actually having a kill count for this server so instead of just "last man standing" ideas for maps, you could also make a feature for just kill counting for each player so a death means you lose a point and a kill means you gain one.

[edit] also why not use this as an opportunity to add another class with some of there own spells using images already around for other magics? or create your own images for magics like people made a new lightning look with photoshop i think it was.

with a whole new class it adds a whole new element to the game.

maybe add a new item which gives an ability like pro ring para etc, maybe a ring that can reduce mp cost of spells to 1 or 0 (ripped trhis idea from FF) or adds a certain % to there attack power be it dc or mc say 30% of there dc added ontop of current dc.

in all honesty its quite exciting seeing something like this being built from scratch because there isn't many things you are limited by. :)

Last edited:

CraiG^

Legend
Legendary
Jun 22, 2003
Scotland
Druid class? can turn into mobs - would be cool you like get extra amc and ac if u turn into a bear ;p and dc

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
no point for another class imo. its too much work and the 3 classes already cover all the main areas. think about it, warrior covers the damage and sword side, wizards cover the sorcerery and spells, taos cover healing and summoning. although i agree it would be a really good new feature to have, i dont think its practicle to have in the long run.

XXXXX

Banned
Banned
Veteran
Jan 12, 2004
Farril said:
no point for another class imo. its too much work and the 3 classes already cover all the main areas. think about it, warrior covers the damage and sword side, wizards cover the sorcerery and spells, taos cover healing and summoning. although i agree it would be a really good new feature to have, i dont think its practicle to have in the long run.

i feel the same way, but if you think about it it expands the game more, i mean warriors means your going to have to have a warrior spell etc but if you have a whole new class ten that m,eans you get to had a whole new range of spells etc to do as you like, theres no limitations and its something that players have been wanting for so long. if anything it could just be a novelty class thats not great but has varied abilities, or maybe it can be say, a ninja. so it attacks long range but with dc moves by throwing shurikiens it's just a thought.

once again though the 3 main class's cover everything so there isn't a great need for another class, but if it can be done..why not?

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
true. if anything i think a ninja class would be cool.

stupid idea probably: ninja can turn invisible when walking for a certain amount of time, but show when they attack. shuriken weapons which can only be used by them. mayb low ac, but high hp.

problem: no new armors.

Follower

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 2, 2005
Australia
Farril said:
true. if anything i think a ninja class would be cool.

stupid idea probably: ninja can turn invisible when walking for a certain amount of time, but show when they attack. shuriken weapons which can only be used by them. mayb low ac, but high hp.

problem: no new armors.

Can we not get armors from WoOOL like we can mir3...?

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
yeah, and how stupid would that make mir look? lets keep abit of discretion about proffessionalism on these files.

Skyline

LOMCN Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 26, 2003
Sheffield
Nah i think just 3 classes keept it more beanced. Try not to change too much.

It may be easy for them to add something, but you have to think, is it easy for them to get all the graphics?

XXXXX

Banned
Banned
Veteran
Jan 12, 2004
Skyline said:
Nah i think just 3 classes keept it more beanced. Try not to change too much.

It may be easy for them to add something, but you have to think, is it easy for them to get all the graphics?

it could be done by just adding an extra character selection option but having the same basic code as a warrior with a few acceptions.

i think adding another class is not needed, but why not add some variation to the game to make characters unique? why have servers where theres items for each class but everyone looks the same? new characters can be added and different features to make the game more unique, maybe on level up you get points like diablo and instead of spells having level up to level 3 instead its 1 point per level for a spell and it can go past 3? maybe stats work the same way and go up 10 hp/mp per point and 1 point per dc 2 points per mc 1 point per sc and 2-3 points per ac/amc?

remember this isn't working from mir files, it's basically a whole new game, so think outside the box.

its not as though its a character with moves of other classes it can be given its own moves set with specific features, maybe this new class isn't a ninja, maybe it can do geo maniuplation and is sort of a time controling wizard so it has moves that use added effects like slow on things or moves that can be cast on himself or other players for faster casting speed or hit/move faster or makes all potions used instant, naturally being a wizard type class it would have low hp also. maybe a shapeshifter class that can turn itself into different monsters at different levels with different abilites and strengths/weaknesses (maybe overpowered but an idea)

the possibilites for things are endless and many classes can be added, they dont all have to be about attacking a certain way and more class's and features means characters are more unique and stops everyone from looking and fighting and being as strong as each other in every way.

and thats not even scratching the surface on characters, thats without going into maps, items, monsters and functions of the game that can be created and manipulated.

K4ng4r00

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Sep 2, 2005
Nero said:
change horses to bikes, then u can ride bikes around XD

edit, also maybe add an MC buff for tao's?

how bout elemental superiority(cant spell -_-)

Bacardi

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Mar 27, 2003
Sheffield
how about keeping the three classes, but having good and evil factions of the two.. i.e. an evil player gains strength the more he pk's, the more curses he aquires etc.. good player cannot attack innocent people but can defend himself if he gets attacked by an evil player.

could have skills and quests specific for each.

have a red or a blue aura around players feet to show their faction so if ur blue and u see a group of red players running to u, ya know to b careful lol...

yes these ideas are "borrowed" from another game, a cookie to the one who can name it.

Last edited:

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
ultima online has something similar to that. with order and chaos sides.

GAMEfreak

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 1, 2004
Newry, Ireland.
crime and justice system: PK members in a wanted list, of whom were submitted by players with a bounty ( for members of justice), while criminals could kill NPC's perhaps, and gain temporary stats for killing spree's. i.e 1 kill for warrior = + 1-1 dc, if he kills a guild leader its +2-2 dc, and so on. these would reset when he gets killed.

Nero

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Annon said:
lol there wouldnt be a single player ingame without some sort of bounty on their head

i'm guessin u wouldn't get a bounty if u were killin other ppl with 1, so u could have some ppl who only kill ppl with a bounty

and maybe u get added stats too? just an idea =X (although u could make n00bs, n keep killin em till u had uber stats so no 1 can kill u :P)

TrueADM

Software Developer
VIP
Jan 16, 2004
GAMEfreak said:
crime and justice system: PK members in a wanted list, of whom were submitted by players with a bounty ( for members of justice), while criminals could kill NPC's perhaps, and gain temporary stats for killing spree's. i.e 1 kill for warrior = + 1-1 dc, if he kills a guild leader its +2-2 dc, and so on. these would reset when he gets killed.

The previous game I worked with, we tried a similar route - it doesn't work among human players, there are too many flaws with it. Also NPCs can't die, there are no graphics to support it, nor are there sounds (I'm won't use player or mob sounds for NPCs, very unprofessional).