[POLL] Pay 2 Play --- OR --- Donations ???

Would you liek the game to be Pay 2 Play OR donations?

• Pay 2 Play

Votes: 25 28.7%
  • Donations

Votes: 32 36.8%
  • I DONT CARE FS!

Votes: 30 34.5%

• Total voters

Babyhack

Devilsoul Owner
VIP
Feb 4, 2004
Dublin, Ireland
why would u play euro? when its a dead end game, with no staff, no updates, cheats everywhere

so ur sayin if a better version of euro wasnt put online, with laods updates and ****, u wouldnt even pay £2 a month to play?

what boosts do they give u? how much do they cost? lol

surely ppl dont pay like 10p for say dc+10 pots

Stuff like MC 0-7 for 30 mins (unsure of prices yet)
and scolls that let you save a point in a cave so that you can return to it later

Link to it on Wemade Mir2 site http://www.mir2.co.kr/itemshop/itemshop_list.asp

BH

czeldabolg

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Sep 12, 2005
Staffordshire, UK
This is the third thread now..

And it's all about donations AGAIN.

Stop with the b/s. Seriously. One thread was enough. Two was just irritating. a third is taking the p***.

Said it before, yes your all updating these server's but with OTHER PEOPLE'S RELEASES AND CLIENTS WHICH THEY BUILD FOR FREE.

Hell's if you can't host a server don't ****ing do it. I'm sick of thread after thread about this.

IT HAS TO STOP.

Main point i said last time : if the mir 2 and mir 3 team packed up now a lot of you would be ****ed. Pure fact.

Now stop spamming LOMCN with this s***. Donation server's aren't allowed on LOMCN it was said a while ago. [Recently saw killmaster say about having the files coded etc. Yet no release. To be honest i wouldn't be surprised if this was the reason, May of miss-read but it was along those lines.]

Fact is, a lot of you people are gaining credit of other people's work and it's damn right unfair and sh*tty.

That's my view. Now stop posting this ****. Seriously bon, i don't normally have anything against you but your pulling this WELL too far.

/czeldabolg

Last edited:

Pottsy

Legend
Legendary
Feb 26, 2004
why would u play euro? when its a dead end game, with no staff, no updates, cheats everywhere

so ur sayin if a better version of euro wasnt put online, with laods updates and ****, u wouldnt even pay £2 a month to play?

Mir all together is a dead end game, it released nearly 6 years ago.

But if i had to choose between paying for euro mir and paying for a private server...i would choose euro.

Why? Simply for the fact that Euro has a much better track record for reliability, and i also wouldn't pay for something that is STOLEN

The only games that my money goes to are legit games, not some cheap knock offs that are created by people who never got past high school and are trying to make a living out of other peoples hard work

Xanan

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Jan 5, 2006
Got bored of reading this thread.

I completely understand where bon is coming from, firstly the server owners put in an insane ammount of time getting a decent server together, then they take so much stick/greif etc when trying to keep the server going.

And then players give them **** about lag etc, so the players expect them to pay out for a dedi.

Its not even funny, i would rather pay 2 play in my opinion. I dont think p2p servers shud be deleted, if people wish to charge for their work, its their choice.

Candyman, eXtacy, you pathetic. Grow up then try and attempt a little more mature content in your posts.

You forget we can do alot more with mir simply by hexing and changing the client files, if we had the graphics resources we could build a completely new game, running it on the mir engine.

NewHope

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Nov 18, 2005
I'd pay monthly for a decent server.

I'd donate on decent server which had capped donations, on just how much you could gain through donations - each week, month, year. Some situations has become ridiculous in regards to donations.

Donations are probably the way forward for decent/stable mir servers.

Why the hell am i saying donations. ffs you people.
Its basically buying something from the game.
Not donating. Gah.

Xanan

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Jan 5, 2006
You dont know anything whats been going on.
This post has been made for a blaitent reason, Just ignore Bon tbh.

I know bon.

Hes a decent fella, who puts alot of hardwork into his server and puts up with alot of **** for it.

Simply because hes acheived a decent server, which is a hard thing to do.

I think some people just gotta have a cuppa coffee, clear their heads, and see the way things really work.

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
i dont see how this is a stupid spamin thread, ive made the same thread on OS forums, id just like to see ppls veiws and opinions on the matter

eXtazY

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 10, 2008
Romania
Got bored of reading this thread.

I completely understand where bon is coming from, firstly the server owners put in an insane ammount of time getting a decent server together, then they take so much stick/greif etc when trying to keep the server going.

And then players give them **** about lag etc, so the players expect them to pay out for a dedi.

Its not even funny, i would rather pay 2 play in my opinion. I dont think p2p servers shud be deleted, if people wish to charge for their work, its their choice.

Candyman, eXtacy, you pathetic. Grow up then try and attempt a little more mature content in your posts.

You forget we can do alot more with mir simply by hexing and changing the client files, if we had the graphics resources we could build a completely new game, running it on the mir engine.

excuse me... have u just waked up? good morning.
I don't care about his server and what he made, if you read again u will see i asked him why he care about Merirorius server and others? i think he sould care about os... ah i forgot.. Bon was borned for spamming LOMCN.

Warlock

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Jul 13, 2003
Scotland, UK.
First off... where is the option for free play / no donations??

I dont think any server maker should make money AT ALL...

I find the fact you actually ask if anyone wants to pay £2 - £6 pound per month to play a private server ****ing HILLARIOUS.

I find donations are for greedy hosts *every host / server maker * these days.

The only people who should make money from mir are the company who made the game, private server arent about making money, they are about playing the game for free... you should never have to or have the option to pay for anythin..

I cant belive in the space of a year mir has went from fun to a money making scheme, it pathetic really. In my opinion, if you ask for donations you are a scammer... if you ask for a monthly fee you are just a complete tit.. who the **** would EVER pay to play a private server? Even with a server like P69 which has been up for years.. you cannot ask for someone to pay for a free game. Simple.

Ben where did you get this stupid idea from and why are you so money hungry from your server? have you been making a lot and thought " i wonder how i can scam more " ?

And to Xanan, if the server makers actually made the GAME, then yes they deserver some sort of income for it, but for the simple fact they didnt, they are just editing files, no matter how much time or effort they put into as it off there own backs, noone is holding a knife at their throat telling them to make a server, they should not be allowed to charge money to play it. And as for the **** you get.. if you cant handle it.. dont be a server maker. And if you cant run a simple server from your home anymore... dont run one.. dont put one up on a dedi and expect players to pay for it for you, it was your choice to put it up, your choice to put it on dedi, therefore yours obligation to pay for it. Oh and you say if you had the graphics software you would do this and that... why just say you would.. why not get the software.. do it.. not use the mir engine as its still just using mir files are a platform.. and make your own game, then by all means... charge to play..

Unless you have been hiding in the closet with RKelly for the past 5 years, you will know the **** host have always taken... you know the requirements, if you cant match it why even bother to make a server.. for the "fun"? But then you complain about people moaning when you cant get it right... not the players fault, its the owners... they promise something, people expect them to deliver, if they cant then they deserver being flamed, annoyed and just plain abused for there lies.

Last edited:

scottishhero

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jul 17, 2003
Glasgow, scotland
All private servers should be free to play. Donating money for items takes all the fun out of the server and kills the real spirit of what mir is all about which is HUNTING for items not paying for them.

Elise

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jun 1, 2008
North East
It should be upto the server owner if he or she has costs to cover then yes they should be entitled to try and cover them costs, and it has nothing to do with LOMCN end of.

TravisW

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Sep 4, 2007
even if ur hostin on ur own PC, its still not free

ur still payin for electrical bills, spare parts if the pc breaks, buyin the PC in 1st place with good enuff specs to not make it lag, bandwidth costs, havin to sacrafise downloadin/uploadin
and even then, u still have to pay for website/forum/FTPs

end of the day, if uwant it to be a successfull server, it HAS to be on a dedi

ppl like u, will never understand until u run a successfull server

Well if you can't afford it, don't fkin do it?!? END OF!
Who asked you to put a server up?
Oh, i know, you saw Lapta's tw@ ass making money, so you said, "hmm, guess I'll give it ago!"
Now fk off with your money issues.

Last edited:

Elijah

Crystal Dev
Developer
Jul 21, 2004
First off... where is the option for free play / no donations??

I dont think any server maker should make money AT ALL...

I find the fact you actually ask if anyone wants to pay £2 - £6 pound per month to play a private server ****ing HILLARIOUS.

I find donations are for greedy hosts *every host / server maker * these days.

The only people who should make money from mir are the company who made the game, private server arent about making money, they are about playing the game for free... you should never have to or have the option to pay for anythin..

I cant belive in the space of a year mir has went from fun to a money making scheme, it pathetic really. In my opinion, if you ask for donations you are a scammer... if you ask for a monthly fee you are just a complete tit.. who the **** would EVER pay to play a private server? Even with a server like P69 which has been up for years.. you cannot ask for someone to pay for a free game. Simple.

Ben where did you get this stupid idea from and why are you so money hungry from your server? have you been making a lot and thought " i wonder how i can scam more " ?

And to Xanan, if the server makers actually made the GAME, then yes they deserver some sort of income for it, but for the simple fact they didnt, they are just editing files, no matter how much time or effort they put into as it off there own backs, noone is holding a knife at their throat telling them to make a server, they should not be allowed to charge money to play it. And as for the **** you get.. if you cant handle it.. dont be a server maker. And if you cant run a simple server from your home anymore... dont run one.. dont put one up on a dedi and expect players to pay for it for you, it was your choice to put it up, your choice to put it on dedi, therefore yours obligation to pay for it. Oh and you say if you had the graphics software you would do this and that... why just say you would.. why not get the software.. do it.. not use the mir engine as its still just using mir files are a platform.. and make your own game, then by all means... charge to play..

Unless you have been hiding in the closet with RKelly for the past 5 years, you will know the **** host have always taken... you know the requirements, if you cant match it why even bother to make a server.. for the "fun"? But then you complain about people moaning when you cant get it right... not the players fault, its the owners... they promise something, people expect them to deliver, if they cant then they deserver being flamed, annoyed and just plain abused for there lies.

To be blunt, STFU.

I'd pay for a good private server if it had excelent uptime, no lag, unique features and if i actualy enjoyed it more than the original.

It wouldn't be like scamming at all, if your taking money to allow people to play a game and have fun, then thats just selling, not scamming.

It'd only be scamming if Bon took all the money for the first month and shut down the server and basically stole peoples money.

The only way you'd ever recieve money from alot of people though is, if you accept a wide range of payment options as not everyone has a paypal or what not.

Also you'd have to make the server so unique, ballanced, better than the original and basically have a new set of files, such like the Unleashed to allow you to do something so good and different.

I always had the idea of mirroring any peoples characters off Euro mir and placing them on your server, only their level and class, not their items.

Obviously you'd have to make the game the same sort of speed or a little faster for leveling, but if you said you had euro mirs server with better content and all the same level characters for who ever wants transfers, then i bet you could get £2-4 off each one of them ;-)

/Ash

Killmaster

Legend
Legendary
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Nov 13, 2003

If anything its not your work at all. Making the server is the simple part... what about the amount of hours that went into coding the files in the first place... my opinion if anything people should be paying to receive the files and not paying to play.

I hate the idea of even involving money around a private server whatsoever.
The amount of servers that have been ruined due to the fact people take advantage of it, while the hosts give you extreme items to make everyone donate.

Crap. I really do hate the idea of it all.

Pottsy

Legend
Legendary
Feb 26, 2004
I know bon.

Hes a decent fella, who puts alot of hardwork into his server and puts up with alot of **** for it.

Simply because hes acheived a decent server, which is a hard thing to do.

I think some people just gotta have a cuppa coffee, clear their heads, and see the way things really work.

Sorry but that comes with the territory of hosting a server

If your not prepared to deal with all the crap you know you're gunna get, then simply don't host a server.

I know theres a lot of ungrateful prats out there that don't appreciate the hard work that people put into server, but like i said, you should have been ready to deal with crap before you even entered the first item in the database

It should be upto the server owner if he or she has costs to cover then yes they should be entitled to try and cover them costs, and it has nothing to do with LOMCN end of.

No one gives a **** about what you think, you see, were all talking about donations and P2P to cover costs, not to steal from people so sod off

If anything its not your work at all. Making the server is the simple part... what about the amount of hours that went into coding the files in the first place... my opinion if anything people should be paying to receive the files and not paying to play.

I hate the idea of even involving money around a private server whatsoever.
The amount of servers that have been ruined due to the fact people take advantage of it, while the hosts give you extreme items to make everyone donate.

Crap. I really do hate the idea of it all.

Good point Kill.

Just gave me a question to ask all of you.

Since your obviously so willing to want to charge people to play your servers either through donations or P2P...would you be willing to pay all the coders of LOMCN for their files so you can use them? I garuntee not all the people who are supporting Donations would pay for them because they don't want to use money.

It wouldn't be like scamming at all, if your taking money to allow people to play a game and have fun, then thats just selling, not scamming.

Sorry, but it is scamming...taking money from people to play a game that was stolen in the first place? lol, your basically selling some other companies service and making a profit from it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Killmaster

>DMX<

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Aug 16, 2005
Manchester
Neither imo if your wanting to a bring a server up its down to you to pay for whatever not the players, afterall thats the whole point of private servers?

For Arguement sake ill say 'free' but donations, but tbh i really couldn't care :P.

"-Why should u?
-Why should u put up with all that grief GMs get when ur gainin nothing, just losin liek £150 a month on dedi/ftp etc costs?"

Then dont bring one up? No one has forced you too, its all down to your own personal choice.

Last edited:

>DMX<

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Aug 16, 2005
Manchester
I don`t see many people giving a fk what you think you limpe pimple d1cked pr1ck, i haven`t stole from anybody so get your fking facts straight you little sh1t....

Why don`t you make a server and pay for all the costs of hosting etc yourself for us all to play?

What a n0b.

He did, well helped run one and tbh it was probably one of the most succesful servers to date.

Fool.