RedNova 2.3

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!
smoochy boys on tour

Anonlol

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Feb 25, 2010
Technically, this is BlueNova out of beta, I guess?

Over the past couple of months i've gone from knowing nothing to knowing quite a fair bit. Key changes;

-3 sets per bracket. Normal (AMC or AC), Rare (AMC and AC), and Epic (Agil, Acc, Aspeed etc).
-Exp increased, we are going to move from a low rate to a med rate.
-Stats increased massively, mostly AC and AMC. Mob strength to be adjusted to match.
-Introducing clears, revivals, muscles and teles!
-Also introducing acc, agil, PA, PR orbs (Capped off at +2 an item to avoid it getting too crazy.)
-Exp pots added to drops
-BG will be added in time for the relaunch.
-Repeatable grind quests for levelling.
-Drop formats all revised.
-Tao pets scale with level

This as well as the usual features of;
-Lord every hour or so
-Low, Med and High Invasions
-Hosted on a lag free dedi
-Straight shooting gm (No corruption here.)
-Excellent level of support

This will take me approx 1-2 weeks to do. I can keep the server up while im doing the majority of the work and then impliment it all with a reboot.

Current high levels on the server get to keep their chars and kit (Which will be converted into either 'Rare' or 'Levelling' kit.) And also as thanks from me for sticking around, a reward based on their char levels (Probably an exp pot)

Comments welcome, starting from the top of the list working my way down.

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
So what's the criteria on "high level" in order to keep your char and kit? What about levels? Were your players aware of this while they spent time lvling etc on Blue Nova?

Anonlol

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Feb 25, 2010
Everyone gets to keep their char and kit. Incentives will be given out based on character level, and no, its a recent decision.

In an ideal world, I would keep this server up, and launch one alongside it, but at the rate BNs going there wont be enough people around to spread across 2 servers.

The move might not be popular to a few of the people that play now, but im limited to what I can add (Group and pvp wise) due to a low usercount.

The people that play atm were at the front of my mind when making this decision. I've been advised by a few people to just totally wipe, I dont want that. Theyve not wasted their time, think of it this way, when the new starters are messing about in BC, existing players will have the pick of the bosses (And some new gear) for a few days.

Last edited:

IceSlice

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
May 24, 2005
Under the Sea :O
lol i got highest ingame n then quit n dropped all i had coz u wouldnt change the server n now iv done that u changed it! typical lol gf me

IceSlice

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
May 24, 2005
Under the Sea :O
wtf u on about? lol think u miss understood wot i meant? i quit coz there was no items droppin for 65+ wen i was 65. tard

Kani

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
May 8, 2007
hes making bluenova higher exp and changing items to level items so like lvl 60 set lvl 70 set or w/e i think, the high lvls keep their items which r transformed into kit of equal value and they might get an exp pot + keep their current lvl, new drop rates and ac/amc etc under a new name

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
I see, so its not really an upcomming server? more of a patch to an exsisting online server lol. seems more of a general chat kinda thread

gotta admit tho the server doesnt seem to know if its coming or going, 1 min it might go offline, next its getting remade!

Anonlol

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Feb 25, 2010
As above. Its essentially a new server, radical changes to item stats, HP, levelling wont slow down until like 80 etc.

Ben server isnt going offline, Im always clear on where servers going. Last time when I made changes, obviously they werent good enough changes to bring people back. This time you wont even recognise its the same server.

darbo

LOMCN Member
Nov 27, 2005
Ben dunno why you keep tryna dig at this guy, alot of people will agree with me he trys so hard considering hes a 1 man army, he works his arse of after work 2 try keep all us *****es happy, hes never once said its going down and i cant even say its had downtime since it come up, hes prob one of the most non corrupt/decent gm's on LOMCN 2 date, and even the servers great it just lacks users because now days alot of people want it all easily gained.

BleH

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Oct 14, 2004
Bristol, UK, England
should just do a fresh start and give certain old players little bonuses, say if they wer 70+ a exppot x 5 for1hr 65+ x 4 for 1hr 60+ x 3 for 1 hr n so on

EDIT:bluenova's pretty dead and a fresh start would bring new players + the exp pot idea shud encourage old players to join too

Skyline

LOMCN Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 26, 2003
Sheffield
Personally I think if you're making such radical changes and making it a "new server" you should start with a server wipe.

I know you don't want to piss off your current players who have stuck with the server, but you should look at rewarding these players, as above with some form of EXP boost's.

Anyone that donated should also be given some form of refund in game.

squall777

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 3, 2004
Tbh anonlol if you think about it there is no real point losing some new ppl (no matter how many these will be.Could be 1 guy or 10) just to please 4-5 "loyal" players.If they enjoyed bluenova then they will deffo play RedNova.Just refund donators(perhaps after 3 days of server being online so they dont get a huge headstart?).

Btw now u are remaking server keep in mind that most important part on a mirserver nowadays to be succesful is...soloing.With usercounts not being 100+ its sorta hard to constantly find a grp to lvl or boss hunt etc.So its important for example to be able to lvl solo as a tao/war till ur wiz m8s get online and even more important to be able to hunt tons of bosses solo till ur guild makes a guild hunt.Obviously to do that u would need a proper kit and there should be EM/OKS like bosses that require a grp/guild, drop 100x better than solo bosses and trigger fights with shouts etc.

Skibadee

That Vial skibadee lolol
Banned
Mar 24, 2003
i for one wouldnt start a 'fresh' server where the old donators get exp pots for old donations.

BleH

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Oct 14, 2004
Bristol, UK, England
id say dont refund the gamegold woteva, but refund 1/2 say they bought 1000gamegold on bluenova then give em 500gamegold on rednova as they obviously have allrdy made good use of the rewards

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
As above. Its essentially a new server, radical changes to item stats, HP, levelling wont slow down until like 80 etc.

Ben server isnt going offline, Im always clear on where servers going. Last time when I made changes, obviously they werent good enough changes to bring people back. This time you wont even recognise its the same server.

Thing is, if its a new server.... then make it a new server, start with a wipe, so it is actually a fresh new server. you know ppl love new fresh servers.

Its not really a new server if ppl log on and theres alrdy ppl rly high lvl and the best kit.

Also refunding donations isnt hard, jsut give them back like 70% for ppl in last month, 50% last 2months, etc etc, im sure they wont mind

just my opinion ne way