RedNova 2.3

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!
Join Discord

BuzzBee

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 13, 2010
high rate servers are a failure lol....they are pointless and ppl get bored way too fast cos they got everythin and highest lvl in a week or so then quit lol

Wond

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Feb 24, 2004
IRELAND
high rate servers are a failure lol....they are pointless and ppl get bored way too fast cos they got everythin and highest lvl in a week or so then quit lol

That makes no sense what so ever you absolute retard.

kash12

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 22, 2004

Yeh look at FH HR, that's such a fail. Look at Mir Extreme, that's such a fail. Oh wait, both have been up over a year and still have decent usercounts.

But then again there's that Lowrate server that's been up ages, what's its name again erm... oh yeah, there isn't one.

Brains +1.

/Nymph

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK

high rate servers are actually the most succesful, low rates are the 1s that fail because ppl get bored from not having enough stuff to do.

thebeastyone-SA

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jun 7, 2004
Swindon
Everyone gets to keep their char and kit. Incentives will be given out based on character level, and no, its a recent decision.
When the new starters are messing about in BC, existing players will have the pick of the bosses (And some new gear) for a few days.

Does not sound appealing to new players at all.

Anonlol

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Feb 25, 2010
Not on here. I have made a poll on our forums to see - quite frankly if I made one here id get 99% of votes for a wipe, so all the people who dont currently play can start on a clear playing field.

What I'm going to do is a solution that is as good as a wipe but still gives people that have played a little something. Item DB will be wiped. GreatFox items will be replaced (These under the new system are going to be a 3rd teir rare) Characters stay, as do spells, gold will stay also, but anyone with over 10m will have it reset to 10m. Current players will also get another small perk but thats to be decided.

In addition, start level remains at 40, but will only slow down to the rate that 60 is atm when you reach like 80-90, so people with chars already wont have THAT much of an advantage but they dont lose spells and stuff.

This pleases both groups.

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
thats stupid really.... so ppl are gonna be high level with no good items to hunt with, so ull have lvl 90s in lvl 50 areas cause thats all they can kill

should never half arsed wipe it, do a full wipe or dont do it at all.

Dorf

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
May 13, 2009
No he's saying if you are lvl70 now, you'll keep at lvl 70. Mind, if you ground out to lvl 70 in 2 months and the new server you can get 70 in 5days, there really is no point.. a small advantage of being first to bosses for a week maybe.. It isn't enough, people would just quit, and if you do this Saori, then everyone will and you may aswell just do a full wipe. I personally think that if he makes start lvl 58 make it easy to get to 60, get all spells, then concentrate on new kits and items every lvl or every other lvl quests etc, it would satisfy everyone. Most people play for fights.. a group of 4 or 5 players can take on most bosses and other grps of players and win. Think lots would enjoy this and you'd get some sticking around. If he makes the lvls like an extra 10% for each lvl on the xp then lvling will be fairly swift too. It's not hard to find a good solution that fits both sets of players, the current 10 or so of us that play are about 63-65. Certainly easy targets for a group of new players at lvl60. One thing that this server has massively in it's favour, which lots love is the fact you drop off body at quite a high rate.. so fights are especially tense affairs. Quite why this hasn't been one of the main advertising points on the server post, I'm not sure why.

darbo

LOMCN Member
Nov 27, 2005
at first i was all for this idea but then i sat and thought about it and really,

theres no point playing the server atm due too u wiping items n there worthless

ur keeping it without wipin because of you 3 geeks who sit on it 24/7 ie *****dawg,djtiesto and evolution.

More or less what your doing is bringing the wall in leveling from 60-80 so 20levels then back 2 being bored and hard 2 level?

i really dont get the aim of this if im honest.

BuzzBee

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 13, 2010
lol redsky.....this i already a gd server thats y we play it....as i keep saying....saori needs to start listening to ppl that play the server and not just ppl that have quit cos they failed lol. u are 100% right tho on what he is trying to accomplish lol....its not gunna mke a difference....*advertise better + tweak server a lil + sort exp so its even but not uber fast + encourage pkers to join lol more fun wen u gotta fight for a boss or just in town...redsky the only 1 that bothers lol

Anonlol

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Feb 25, 2010
Like I say I cant please everyone. There will always be people unhappy with what im doing.

And fyi darbo im going to overhaul the way things are done, with any server though you get to a level which you then find it too hard/tedious to carry on, current server being a relatively low rate that level comes earlier, on the new server there will be more items, more caves, more fights.

And Bon, when replying read the full thread before replying or dont reply at all -.-

Thinking about it though, I see what youre saying. I might well wipe, then in a structured way after 3-4 days give the current players their spells back as well as minor exp pots. While you lot dont play wont like this, look at it this way, would you continue playing a server after your char was wiped and the server owner didnt seem to care? At this point I may as well wipe as I doubt people are going to continue playing until after I do.

darbo

LOMCN Member
Nov 27, 2005
Mate if ur gna wipe when you going too do it cos at the moment its pointless logging on then. until its been done

BuzzBee

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 13, 2010
ok...explain to me this....wat is the server going to be?...high rate or med-high?....cos its already med rate and i am confused about wat ur plans are lol...if ur going to wipe then do it sooner rather than l8er cos we are all sitting in sz wondering wtf u are doing and when all this crpa i ment to happen lol

and y dont u log on ingame ne more...u used to be on every evening lol....atleast show ur face again instead of posting on forums and not bothering to log ingame and explaining a few thing :)

Last edited:

Anonlol

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Feb 25, 2010
Thing is every time I log ingame I get pms of ''Come watch this'' or ''some see this crap drop'' or ''Wizards are op cos I got floored'' and isnt sit in SZ what most of you do anyway, lol?

Heck I get half of it on MSN.

I will be ingame tonight to answer any questions, bear in mind i've been on lates this week so my patience = low, lol.

Last edited:

ThreeHeroes

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
May 6, 2009
Why dont you just update the server more ? Aslong as youve got content the rate dont matter. Take it down for a week or so, then put it back up.

Anonlol

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Feb 25, 2010
Can this be locked. Reviewing the server and making changes without a wipe.