smoochy boys on tour

Skyline

LOMCN Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 26, 2003
Sheffield
Really sad to hear this news.
Me and Ice go way back all the way to the original 1.4 days.
I made the server Foundation and struggled to host it at home. Being a young kid I had no money to buy a dedicated server (they were expensive back then) and servers made no money to cover the costs.
Ice kindly offered to host for me and gave me continuous support on how to achieve things for the server.

He then went on to keep the Foundation name going with my blessings when he released the server using I think the Ruby files.

He was a fellow staff member on LOMCN with me for many of years. We hadn't spoke much at all over the recent years but he always had my respect despite some issues he had with his recent servers and team members.

RIP my old friend.

Reactions: Wummy

Sanjian

Just a Mir2 Fan
VIP
Apr 28, 2011
East Sussex
me and icey had a bit of a checkered past, we argued about things, he made some mistakes, i moaned at him, but he was upfront, and honest with me and i respected him for it.

it is times like this that really bring into focus just how stupid this whole valk and cheats situation really is. IceMan was a legend for LOMCN. He will be missed.

RIP IceMan and RIP EE. they may not have been the best set of files but they were his (and mine, and a bit of everyone elses :))

gutted
Post automatically merged:

i would very much like to see IceMans name placed under LOMCN along side luke, i honestly feel IceMan has deserved a place there

Last edited:

TheOnlyOne

DarkReturn Server High Rate
Loyal Member
Dark Return
Game Master
Oct 6, 2017
Jordan
May God rest his soul
Knowing that I was upset with him after publishing my files without my knowledge
But it is not permissible for him but mercy now because he is in the hands of God
And I forgive him for everything he did to me in the past
I can only say that we belong to Allah and to Him we shall return

rip bro

Reactions: RealMusaki

Wummy

Majestic Mir 2
Dedicated Member
Aug 24, 2015
Majestic Town
im actually quite gutted by this, RIP john you were the only one who actually wanted to help me not quite sure what ima do now tbh…

Hercules

Prime Hunter
Banned
Jun 4, 2018
Asda
It’s times like this it makes you think. Makes you not want to waste time on the bullsh it in life.

I never knew Ice way back when, but I’ve known him for 4 years and he always went out his way to help me and I him for FREE I might add.

His love for the game was true.

RIP - really sad news, but what a nice guy

Reactions: Wummy

ibby

I'm a massive prick
Dedicated Member
Jan 10, 2017
Condolences, was a great guy when speaking to him and helpful to all, he will be missed and remembered in this community, rest in peace.

Vyse

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 29, 2004
Manchester/Stockport
Going to put this out their as someone who just had to deal with sorting a funeral if you don't have a funeral policy in place and you/family aren't loaded I'd suggest setting one up its already super stressfull dealing with a death of a loved one that is ignoring having to find 5-30k+ for funeral expenses.

Their is also a number you can call on the uk gov website for a service called tell us once who will cancel all the persons bank accounts, policy's etc obviously not much help to those outside the uk but figured worth mentioning in case anyone is unfortunate enough to lose someone and have to deal with that side of things.

Again sorry to Icemans family and friends loss he will be missed.

• Sad
Reactions: Omnibus

forspinki

Legend
Legendary
Oct 23, 2006
Handan, China
Sad to hear the news, he would pm me often showing me the progress for his server files and continued to play and work on his own server for quite some time even though he hasn't released a server in a while.

R.I.P bud

Jev

ғᴜᴄᴋɪɴɢ ᴊᴇᴠ
Staff member
May 16, 2017
Worthing, West Sussex
Sad to hear the news, he would pm me often showing me the progress for his server files and continued to play and work on his own server for quite some time even though he hasn't released a server in a while.

R.I.P bud
I am in talks with his cousin atm as I have a collection @IceMan's files stored away on a hard drive. If I get the blessing of his family then I'm looking at releasing the files here for everyone so that John's work can live on.

SPL1FF

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Banshee
Game Master
Mar 24, 2003
Sad news to wake up to this morning, someone with a true love for the game. RIP @IceMan.

Valhalla

Nexus Mir Developer
Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
i dont think thats a good idea if im honest :/

no offence but let them rest with him
Agreed, I certainly wouldn't want people digging through my files if I'd passed. And give them time to grieve before bugging them about a video game, I'm sure they have more important things to be doing atm.

Wummy

Majestic Mir 2
Dedicated Member
Aug 24, 2015
Majestic Town
i dont think thats a good idea if im honest :/

no offence but let them rest with him
i have to agree with this, no one knew what he was working on before he ended up in hospital, he had a unique way of doing it his way and no one can replicate how he done his server and files

Vaynes

Banned
Banned
Mar 4, 2022
Rest in peace Ice, was nothing but nice to me. I agree with the others, probably also shouldn't be even discussing his files with family at this time. Hope he finds peace, definitely made this place better.