Rest in peace to a legend!

smoochy boys on tour

Abdozaki

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 22, 2013
Idek?
Condolences , Ice was a great guy he will be defo missed , Rest in peace buddy.

syke

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Oct 24, 2011
I am in talks with his cousin atm as I have a collection @IceMan's files stored away on a hard drive. If I get the blessing of his family then I'm looking at releasing the files here for everyone so that John's work can live on.

Pretty sure there’s someone on his discord that has the server files too. They uploaded them as a temp when he first went into hospital.

Edit: seen the replies about not releasing them, a good shout.

Reactions: Jev

w00t84

Big Dick
Golden Oldie
May 25, 2004
Newcastle!
RIP to a good man, he will be sorely missed in this community and more so amongst his close friends and family.

TheOnlyOne

DarkReturn Server High Rate
Loyal Member
Dark Return
Game Master
Oct 6, 2017
Jordan
I won't be releasing his files. I agree with the points above.
he was gave it to few ppl before few months client and server files and source and im one of them if he was want release them then he was put in lomcn

Slipmatt

Why the f are we still here?
Veteran
May 10, 2009
County Durham
Oh no, this is awful to read. A legend within the community and a very helpful gent. A name I always remember seeing around the forums from a very early time (around 04/05 when I had an older forum account).

Rest in paradise, buddy!

johnyl1

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 24, 2003
Portugal
well, we worked together for some years on Mir servers!! Wasn't expecting this!!! Condolences to the family!!!

Smidge

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 28, 2009
Wow, such sad news. RIP Ice was such a nice guy.. hope he is now at peace

zedina

Mir3 Dev
Legendary
Dec 22, 2005
They were sent to me too, but yea I wont be releasing the files publicly.
I been wanting to make this post but I was afraid it would of been interpreted wrong. However:

If Icey shared his files, then he had some peoples to trust.
Perhaps launching a server with his files in his memory and a huge percent of donations to go to his family wouldn't be that bad of an idea.

If he worked that much on his files, he would of liked to see them live as well.

Don't share the files but there should be a posibility someone from his inner trusted circle to launch it and contribute something back from incomings to his family.

Whoops777

LOMCN Member
Sep 27, 2022
Not being mean how did he die and what age

I remember iceman own souldevil server

And released good 2.3 files

I had him once on MSN messenger

He sent me some server files truly sad this is long love iceman I hope he's in the next life hopefully inside mir 🙏

syke

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Oct 24, 2011
Not being mean how did he die and what age

I remember iceman own souldevil server

And released good 2.3 files

I had him once on MSN messenger

He sent me some server files truly sad this is long love iceman I hope he's in the next life hopefully inside mir 🙏
Sepsis.

Jev

ғᴜᴄᴋɪɴɢ ᴊᴇᴠ
Staff member
May 16, 2017
Worthing, West Sussex
I been wanting to make this post but I was afraid it would of been interpreted wrong. However:

Perhaps launching a server with his files in his memory and a huge percent of donations to go to his family wouldn't be that bad of an idea.

If he worked that much on his files, he would of liked to see them live as well.

Don't share the files but there should be a posibility someone from his inner trusted circle to launch it and contribute something back from incomings to his family.
I think this is a great idea. I wont be doing it personaly as I was close to Iceman but not as close as some others on the forum that could do this on his behalf.

The thought about releasing the files I had really was just to let his work carry on.

zedina

Mir3 Dev
Legendary
Dec 22, 2005
I think this is a great idea. I wont be doing it personaly as I was close to Iceman but not as close as some others on the forum that could do this on his behalf.

The thought about releasing the files I had really was just to let his work carry on.
Unfortunately health care in USA is very hefty therefor it would strongly provide an financial aid to his family.

Anyway, may his soul finally find peace. His love for the game Legend Of Mir always made him stand out. 🕯️

Reactions: Jev and Sanjian

mir2pion

TL;DR
Veteran
Feb 21, 2013
it would strongly provide an financial aid to his family
It would be a nice gesture to them even if they might not need it. Someone could bring the files to a 'release shape' as needed and host it under Iceman's forum nick.
Normally I don't spend a penny on mir servers but would make an exception here.

TheOnlyOne

DarkReturn Server High Rate
Loyal Member
Dark Return
Game Master
Oct 6, 2017
Jordan

maybe my next server not the one i work on it will open one with his files and systems etc.... and 70%of donation will go to hes family if lomcn allow me this