Shanda Mir2 update discussion

Join Discord

MiloFoxburr

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Mar 23, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
So this came out today to my surprise. It's only been rolled out in a few districts (Server Areas) but is available to play for anyone.

Full Client Download

Registration

I only played briefly with the Lite Client while I waited for Full to download, it looks great ingame. It's clearly still a beta though as Monsters, other class armours and from what I can see in the files most maps haven't been updated yet

Uses Shanda's wzl format which we have editors for which is good.

newBW.png

newMW.png

1.png

2.png

3.png

4.png

5.png

6.png

7.png

Last edited:

Turrican

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 24, 2012
UK
why did they reuse the same map layouts, totally defeats the purpose of updating all the graphics imo.

MiloFoxburr

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Mar 23, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
why did they reuse the same map layouts, totally defeats the purpose of updating all the graphics imo.

I think the original idea was all new maps (Mud Wall was a grass map for example) but it appears that changed along the way. I've seen shots of new provinces etc in older news posts so they are coming. Old provinces updated with new graphics and new Dungeon layouts will be pretty awesome tbh.

Turrican

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 24, 2012
UK
I think the original idea was all new maps (Mud Wall was a grass map for example) but it appears that changed along the way. I've seen shots of new provinces etc in older news posts so they are coming. Old provinces updated with new graphics and new Dungeon layouts will be pretty awesome tbh.

yeh i believe those are the same images i was thinking of, was curious as to why they would scrap that idea, as to me it would feel like playing mir as a noob (the most enjoyable time playing mir), rather than the same layouts we have played for 10years.

i guess this hands the torch over to the coders and any new would be private server developers to create the Mir world from scratch (like haz is doing)

This brings me to my next question, will these map files be able to replace the current objects thus using old map formats?

so for example haz has built lots of new maps, will he be able to replace the old objects with new objects and use the same maps without having to remake them from scratch ?

MiloFoxburr

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Mar 23, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
yeh i believe those are the same images i was thinking of, was curious as to why they would scrap that idea, as to me it would feel like playing mir as a noob (the most enjoyable time playing mir), rather than the same layouts we have played for 10years.

i guess this hands the torch over to the coders and any new would be private server developers to create the Mir world from scratch (like haz is doing)

This brings me to my next question, will these map files be able to replace the current objects thus using old map formats?

so for example haz has built lots of new maps, will he be able to replace the old objects with new objects and use the same maps without having to remake them from scratch ?

The object files are built entirely differently and the maps are completely remade, they might share the same overall layout but shops are in different places and a lot more things are animated etc. It shares a hell of a lot of with Mir 3, in fact so much so that the maps would fit in either game.

Last edited:

Ilsta

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 20, 2012
Installing now, do you just login using your email ?

Edit : getting an error after the patcher im guessing in need to install the chinese language packs ?

Last edited:

MiloFoxburr

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Mar 23, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Installing now, do you just login using your email ?

If you've made an account it should work, not sure if you need to be an adult to make a character though. If you're playing then in the Launcher pick the second tab and the 5th server in the drop down list. The rest might not be updated to new version yet.

Found out how to enable the new compact UI. Looks much better than the default

6.png

Snufkin

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Jan 27, 2011
Anyone got a chinese
ID number? Also it says error when i type in my name cus it's not chinese?

Ilsta

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 20, 2012
Ok got it working by installing the language packs, i entered my account details which i presume is my email i regerstered with my sdo account and im stuck at this point

MiloFoxburr

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Mar 23, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Ok got it working by installing the language packs, i entered my account details which i presume is my email i regerstered with my sdo account and im stuck at this point

Yeah you need a Chinese Name and Social Security Number. I thought I had a couple of accounts to share but I can't remember the details anymore.

Snufkin

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Jan 27, 2011
I haven't downloaded the client yet it's 2GB and i'm about to go bed. It better work though cus i wanna try the Archer class.

Jicaa

Pooslice
Golden Oldie
Jul 9, 2003
the updated graphics look great, a global english version would be better tho :(

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
Yer i had a look around it, looks good, few new armour/waepons for sins and other 3 class's

the bows look really cool. so do all the magics... gonna be tuff tryin to figure out what the magics do tho.

I really like the maps, wonder how long it will take before some1 gets them working

how did u register an account milo, wot did u put as ur ID number

Last edited:

MiloFoxburr

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Mar 23, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Yer i had a look around it, looks good, few new armour/waepons for sins and other 3 class's

the bows look really cool. so do all the magics... gonna be tuff tryin to figure out what the magics do tho.

I really like the maps, wonder how long it will take before some1 gets them working

how did u register an account milo, wot did u put as ur ID number

Did you manage to make an account? I can PM you a Chinese Name and ID Number to use for when you log in and the client requests it.

For people curious I think Shanda got lazy with the class, you still hit normally with left click. Your first level 7 skill is an Arrow Shot. What's nice though is that you can shoot over objects like rocks, trees etc. Unlike Fireball where it would miss in those cases.

Sanity

Legend
Legendary
Nov 7, 2007
Might give it ago, didn't think it will be out so soon though. Pretty much everything in those screenshots has been added to woool 2 aswell, new graphics are exactly the same, the 2 interface are pretty similar along with a new class. I would expect to see re skined monsters as well, they done a few on woool2 like Scarecrow etc.. so should happen on this i would of thought soon.