Stable Diffusion for Mir Artwork

Hercules

Prime Hunter
Banned
Jun 4, 2018
Asda
see what happens i guess...

not sure how well it would all work to be honest, the more i look at it...

some random tiles...
View attachment 31402 View attachment 31403

View attachment 31404 View attachment 31405
View attachment 31407 View attachment 31411
View attachment 31409 View attachment 31410

bit hit n miss really, bonus is the tiles are all the same size so batch process would be easier on them.

Makes it somewhat cartoon like, although I like it as it’s different, how long does it take to put a tile in? Can multiple tiles be dragged in at once? Possible make something that would accept like a whole file full of tiles with one click

meacher

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 16, 2004
Isle of Man
Makes it somewhat cartoon like, although I like it as it’s different, how long does it take to put a tile in? Can multiple tiles be dragged in at once? Possible make something that would accept like a whole file full of tiles with one click
I used a different method for each image I should have mentioned re the cartoonish factor.

So, i know with the lib editor I can dump the images and I can batch process them with stable diffusion... that's where I'm at, getting them back into the lib or dealing with the alignments jazz is the next bit...

but if someone is willing to have a crack at it, I'll dump the images, upscale and post them?

Lilcooldoode

LOMCN Developer
Developer
May 10, 2003
Yes
I used a different method for each image I should have mentioned re the cartoonish factor.

So, i know with the lib editor I can dump the images and I can batch process them with stable diffusion... that's where I'm at, getting them back into the lib or dealing with the alignments jazz is the next bit...

but if someone is willing to have a crack at it, I'll dump the images, upscale and post them?

I am willing, gimme a shout on discord and we can sort out which lib files etc

Chriz

Captain Lurker
VIP
Mar 24, 2003
LOMCN
Impressive, but the tile edges probably wouldn't align/blend properly if each image is processed individually.. Still worth a try hah :D

Reactions: meacher

Lose

Banned
Banned
Aug 13, 2020

meacher

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 16, 2004
Isle of Man
I am willing, gimme a shout on discord and we can sort out which lib files etc
I've started processing tiles.lib from the wemadeMir2 maps folder, i figure its one batch with a massive impact, we should notice if it all worked pretty quickly.

2 seconds an image, 60,000 images, i'll get back to you when they are done and go from there.

Upscale changes the resolution, as you would expect.
I will do 2 sets of images, one thats just upscaled and 4x original resolution (i expect that wont work in-game though as tile would be too large etc)
...and i'll do a "upscaled and resized" set where everything is back to original size after upscaling (although i expect some quality loss in doing so..).

Definately interesting to see how it turns out.

Cheers by the way, appreciate the help.
Post automatically merged:

Impressive, but the tile edges probably wouldn't align/blend properly if each image is processed individually.. Still worth a try hah :D
you know what, i completely agreed with this, i was like "it'll never work" etc etc ....

but... looking at the upscaled thumbnails in windows explorer.. i think i actually have a bit of hope now lol

it MIGHT, might just work ....

1682256846981.png

Nope... looks like you're right, assuming i picked 4 correct tiles, it doesnt look great at all ....

1682259980224.png

Edit: Updated first post make the download for Stable Diffusion more obvious and the windows/nvidia install process not seem as daunting

this really could go either way at this point...

3x3 tiles
1682270775765.png

1x3 tiles
1682270863862.png

i feel like it looks cleaner but has lost some detail along the way (dragons mouth on the emblem, taoists hand holding fan)...
guess wont be able tell for sure until can see an in-game side-by-side comparison or something.

Last edited:

mir2pion

TL;DR
Veteran
Feb 21, 2013

Export leaves the tiles in the library I believe. Simplest way is to export all tiles, process them and then make new library with the same file name (just append .Orig to the original library) and import all tiles into it.

Don't know why there should be any difficulty about it, unless the library editor is not working as it should (what's new?). Use RPG Viewer instead, works perfectly for export/import. It is found on mirfiles I think.
1682269562646.png

It might work well on items and mob, character avatars etc., even game UI, since they are single images, not sure about map ground or objects which are made of the tall image strips. Those also need to match on edges, its not just the ground tiles blending that might not work well.

Jev

ғᴜᴄᴋɪɴɢ ᴊᴇᴠ
Staff member
May 16, 2017
Worthing, West Sussex
Would love to see the public crystal data folder upscaled. Be nice to see it side by side in-game.

meacher

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 16, 2004
Isle of Man
Export leaves the tiles in the library I believe. Simplest way is to export all tiles, process them and then make new library with the same file name (just append .Orig to the original library) and import all tiles into it.

Don't know why there should be any difficulty about it, unless the library editor is not working as it should (what's new?). Use RPG Viewer instead, works perfectly for export/import. It is found on mirfiles I think.
View attachment 31415

It might work well on items and mob, character avatars etc., even game UI, since they are single images, not sure about map ground or objects which are made of the tall image strips. Those also need to match on edges, its not just the ground tiles blending that might not work well.
yeah export left the images in the lib, i was hoping replace would just pick up the filenames and put everything where it should be but honestly, im going to ask LCD for help there rather than bang my head on a wall if doesnt work first time lol

cheers for info on rpgviewer, i'll check it out.

Would love to see the public crystal data folder upscaled. Be nice to see it side by side in-game.
My plan, assuming the tiles works, would be to upscale everything so see how we go i guess

Reactions: Lose

mir2pion

TL;DR
Veteran
Feb 21, 2013
Actually just use the Crystal lib editor since you are working with lib format only, didn't realize that. That RPG Viewer was to get around opening wil format that Crystal editor won't open. I used it to export from wil, then in Crystal lib editor I made a new .lib file and used the button 'Add Files' to import into it the files that were exported using that RPG Viewer.

Import is done simply by selecting all exported images and deselecting the folder with the offset info in it (but I think the editor ignores that folder and you can leave it in the selection).

As long as the pixel dimensions are preserved, it should work on the maps.

meacher

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 16, 2004
Isle of Man
5x4 Tiles...
1682279170589.png

some bits look OK, hard to tell where some of the joins are and i want to believe that once downsized again, it will be harder to tell.
Really cant wait to see a in-game side-by-side comparison.
12,000 / 60,000 images upscaled so far, probably wont finish until tomorrow at least...

Reactions: Nostalgic and Lose

Hercules

Prime Hunter
Banned
Jun 4, 2018
Asda
5x4 Tiles...
View attachment 31425

some bits look OK, hard to tell where some of the joins are and i want to believe that once downsized again, it will be harder to tell.
Really cant wait to see a in-game side-by-side comparison.
12,000 / 60,000 images upscaled so far, probably wont finish until tomorrow at least...

It’s a game changer for sure, and any hiccups should be worked on by anyone who has the know how. Too good of a nice thing to pass imo

meacher

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 16, 2004
Isle of Man
It’s a game changer for sure, and any hiccups should be worked on by anyone who has the know how. Too good of a nice thing to pass imo
yeah, at first it was a bit of a mess about but seeing it almost appear to work has made me think the same.
see how we go, if people want to make a project to upscale everything, im happy to provide whatever compute resource i can to the cause.

Might run in to issues with the chequered shadows if/when you get to objects libs
That is a VERY good point...
cross that bridge when we get there i guess...

Last edited:

Hwarang

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Mar 19, 2018
Tunbridge wells
Excited to see what this looks like lol =) have you taken a sneak peek at anything that is more complete? or are u staying strong for a big reveal?

meacher

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 16, 2004
Isle of Man
I dont have any ability stitch stuff together, the bits I did was like a jigsaw tbh, after I did the 5x4 in GIMP, I was like "**** this, I'll just wait" lol

Happy find what looks like a maps worth of images and drop in here while we wait if you want to play jigsaw though :P

Lilcooldoode

LOMCN Developer
Developer
May 10, 2003
Yes
Will be worth doing WemadeMir2/SmTiles.lib also to get full effect of HD ground - fortunately that files is much smaller than main tiles lib

Valhalla

Nexus Mir Developer
Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
attempting to install this on my PC atm, seems to be stuck on "Installing requirements for Web UI"