Stable Diffusion for Mir Artwork

meacher

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 16, 2004
Isle of Man
GameScene.cs - DrawFloor function
Awesome, thanks!

hmm, maybe the answer is not to resize back down but just to upscale everything 4x, make everything line up at 4x size and anyone in 800x600 wouldnt be able see much at all cus it would appear more zoomed in than normal but those in like 1920x1080 might get the zoomed view of 800x600 but everything would be upscaled... im really not sure...

Tiles upscale completed, uploading to drive now, reckons 2 hours though...damn my internet sucks -.-
Post automatically merged:

Tiles: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1fVAZiX08wj6wljTAYrH3OJhoZ_4AHI2R/view?usp=sharing

Last edited:

IHaveALongName

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Sep 8, 2012
Qatar
Seen this stable diffusion 11111’s being mentioned on discord somewhere and couldn’t resist reposting some random pics i found

TeleportRing

FEA8F832-FD19-4052-B01B-650CFF3125CF.png

ConvexLens… i think lol

070124B1-4A39-44ED-A6CB-66F85EFB734D.png

ParalysisRing

80BECD56-3E75-4A64-B4F6-AB6B5701A647.png

AmberNecklace

8E619B5D-61D9-41AE-8E4D-3A3451333269.png

Technology 📈📈📈📈📈

Last edited:
Reactions: Jev and Tai

meacher

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 16, 2004
Isle of Man
Seen this stable diffusion 11111’s being mentioned on discord somewhere and couldn’t resist reposting some random pics i found somewhere

TeleportRing

View attachment 31436

ConvexLens… i think lol

View attachment 31439

ParalysisRing

View attachment 31438

AmberNecklace

View attachment 31440

Technology 📈📈📈📈📈
Yeah, that's the easy bit. I expect everyone's doing this right now tbh and we'll have a varied range of mirs appear from here on, all with slightly different images.

The win goes to whoever upscales the animations and everything else without creating an inconsistent mess imo.

I couldn't get those tiles into a tiles.lib so I've given up I think, onto something else already. I hope i did something useful showing the potential of stable diffusion but think I'll slide quietly away now ^_^

Valhalla

Nexus Mir Developer
Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Anyone got the settings down for this yet? text to image just looks like utter shite, like a kid drew it all.

not sure how people are getting images back from their prompts that look really realistic and detailed

Slipmatt

Why the f are we still here?
Veteran
May 10, 2009
County Durham

mir2pion

TL;DR
Veteran
Feb 21, 2013
I couldn't get those tiles into a tiles.lib so I've given up I think, onto something else already.
Are they different pixel size from the exported original tiles or what? I doubt very much libs can import bigger size tiles or if that works, then I would expect the mir2 code won't work with it and probably would require major overhaul. That talk about everything in the game being larger sounds like some fantasy.

If you put up some more manageable upload size (not 10GB), just a sample, like one library content or even just several tiles, I can look what is the problem with importing into libs, or someone else might. I doubt pple will be willing to download this big size just to see what is the problem.

What did you do anyway? Is that all mir2 libs exported? Are the individual lib files separated?

meacher

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 16, 2004
Isle of Man
Are they different pixel size from the exported original tiles or what? I doubt very much libs can import bigger size tiles or if that works, then I would expect the mir2 code won't work with it and probably would require major overhaul. That talk about everything in the game being larger sounds like some fantasy.

If you put up some more manageable upload size (not 10GB), just a sample, like one library content or even just several tiles, I can look what is the problem with importing into libs, or someone else might. I doubt pple will be willing to download this big size just to see what is the problem.

What did you do anyway? Is that all mir2 libs exported? Are the individual lib files separated?

so,

-if you upscale by 1x to keep the original size and require no coding, you end up with the same or worse quality image.
-if you upscale by 2 - 4x you get a bigger image allowing stable diffusion to add more quality, however, requires either a scaling mechanism coding or the whole game upscaling to match.

"That talk about everything in the game being larger sounds like some fantasy."... game was created small, personally i would prefer the game look closer to how it did, rather than practically seeing the whole map and my character keep getting smaller as the resolution keeps increasing. I'm on 8k so i guess thats just me, I actually could upscale everything x4 and enjoy it if the lib editor would do its thing for me on larger libs.

"if i put up a more manageable size".. All this was just a wandering thought for me, maybe upscale your own jazz rather than have a dig at what I've done, all the info is in this thread. ..and 10GB really isn't that big to me, sorry it was too much for you.

What did you do anyway? ... I pissed about with tiles.lib? extracted, upscaled and shared images see if anyone else wanted to try.

Is that all mir2 libs exported?... nope

Are the individual lib files separated?...i only did a single lib see what happened, upto you if you want to do something with the info int his thread.
Post automatically merged:

Anyone got the settings down for this yet? text to image just looks like utter shite, like a kid drew it all.

not sure how people are getting images back from their prompts that look really realistic and detailed
depends what you are trying to do, there are lots of settings...

civitai.com > search "RPG" > RPG_v4 Model > get the model and scroll to the bottom look at the gallery for it, there will be settings for some of the images, copy them. good a place to start as any

Last edited:

mir2pion

TL;DR
Veteran
Feb 21, 2013
I'm on 8k so i guess thats just me, I actually could upscale everything x4 and enjoy it if the lib editor would do its thing for me on larger libs.
I told you, its not just the lib editor, mir client would be even bigger stumbling block even if the lib editor could import bigger or for that mater, smaller images.

When you do something like this, you should do a proof of concept first. Like upscale and do whatever magic you do on a few tiles only, even one tile would do for the first run. Then see if it imports into library and if mir map editor can put that upscaled tile on a map. If it worked, then it is time to spend effort on doing more, exploring if the tiles would mesh etc.

You ask what have I done? Well, I've done enough to know this wouldn't work if the output images have size different from the original tiles.
Same thing with expecting 20+ yrs old game to work like more modern games. Yes, the game was recoded since but the tiles are still the same ones as they were when it first went online. Mir3D works like what you want, no matter the resolution, it just scales the images while preserving quality.

There is also a reason to suspect that even if you improved the image quality while keeping the same tile size, likely the game would not display that quality anyway, not without some serious recoding. You should know more about that than I do, being so knowledgeable in this area of working with graphics.

meacher

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 16, 2004
Isle of Man
I told you, its not just the lib editor, mir client would be even bigger stumbling block even if the lib editor could import bigger or for that mater, smaller images.

When you do something like this, you should do a proof of concept first. Like upscale and do whatever magic you do on a few tiles only, even one tile would do for the first run. Then see if it imports into library and if mir map editor can put that upscaled tile on a map. If it worked, then it is time to spend effort on doing more, exploring if the tiles would mesh etc.

You ask what have I done? Well, I've done enough to know this wouldn't work if the output images have size different from the original tiles.
Same thing with expecting 20+ yrs old game to work like more modern games. Yes, the game was recoded since but the tiles are still the same ones as they were when it first went online. Mir3D works like what you want, no matter the resolution, it just scales the images while preserving quality.

There is also a reason to suspect that even if you improved the image quality while keeping the same tile size, likely the game would not display that quality anyway, not without some serious recoding. You should know more about that than I do, being so knowledgeable in this area of working with graphics.
actually, for me , it WAS just the lib editor. SlimDX has functionality to to do what i was thinking.
..and the upscaled images worked fine in proof of concept, hence attempting the larger lib file.

no, i didnt ask you anything, you asked alot of questions and i responded.

thanks, it does seem that i know a little more about graphics than you, seeing as i believe its possible and you dont. shame that the person who thinks its possible doesnt have time for it and the guy who thinks its not possible probably has the time but wont try...

Anyway... the mir part of my life needs to end, im not sure how i ended up back on this site like some kind of bad habbit i guess.

• Sad
Reactions: Martyn

ventus

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Oct 17, 2013
I'm just attempting to use this to make rpg maker sprites, not sure what I'm really doing. I have not been able to get anything workable at all out of it. I had to use cpu only as it doesn't like my amd gpu so its taking a good 5-10minutes per try.
Trying to get something like this out of it

4.png

Jamie

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 29, 2003
United Kingdom
Looks interesting, It'd work great for UI stuff but imo with the way placements and work I believe it would be exceptionally hard to for monsters/maps/players etc

forspinki

Legend
Legendary
Oct 23, 2006
Handan, China
If only we had mir in unreal engine / unity so we could utilize the marketplace. If the chinese version ever went to unreal you would see a ton of assets being put on the market place.

zivanovic99

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 31, 2015
This is what I got when I attempted to get AI to generate a Mir based image 😂😂😂

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-07-20-11-35-45-63_722da160ca22ae6e4af89ea38e718dfb.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-07-20-11-35-45-63_722da160ca22ae6e4af89ea38e718dfb.jpg
    708.8 KB · Views: 7

Jev

ғᴜᴄᴋɪɴɢ ᴊᴇᴠ
Staff member
May 16, 2017
Worthing, West Sussex
I'm just attempting to use this to make rpg maker sprites, not sure what I'm really doing. I have not been able to get anything workable at all out of it. I had to use cpu only as it doesn't like my amd gpu so its taking a good 5-10minutes per try.
Trying to get something like this out of it

View attachment 31800
What AI program/website did you use to create these and with what settings?