[Very Basic] 2.3 Server Guide.

Status
Not open for further replies.

~HeavenSent~

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Nov 9, 2005
Chorley
Ok this is for poeple who would just like to mess around on 2.3 DM2 Server Files.

First of all you must have the latest Euro mir client installed get it... Here

If you have the files installed ull need to now download the 2.3 Server files from... NEW HERE
Downlosd each File.

Once the files are installed go to the Release foulder...

All the IP's should allrdy be set to 127.0.0.1 look throw the Release foulder to make suar they are.

Now you have the server files all you have to do is set up the Client.

Go to your Euro foulder & open it, Remove the patch files to make it look like this...

Now open your Mir.ini & change the ip's to match this...

Close & save & then open MirSetup.ini & do the same...

Save & close.

Now go into the Release foulder & find the Mir2 foulder open it & you should see this...

Extract the exe, data & wav file to the euro mir foulder where you just changed your ip's

Now Run the Server exe's in each foulder thats in the Release foulder makeing suar the last one you run is the M2Server exe once its all loaded up in the m2server window go to your euro foulder & run the exe all should work.

Makeing your self a GM...

You must have access on your PC!

Go to the release foulder & open m2server foulder & then go to Envir find the Data icon (looks like a note with a key on it) open this & go to TBL_Admin & add your self to it.

Hope this help's some one :P

Last edited by a moderator:

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
you should really svn export the exe and data folders, not just copy them across. otherwise its linking your client folder to the svn.

also. you dont need mirsetup.ini, just mir.ini

Upvote 0

~HeavenSent~

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Nov 9, 2005
Chorley
you should really svn export the exe and data folders, not just copy them across. otherwise its linking your client folder to the svn.

also. you dont need mirsetup.ini, just mir.ini

I know but for a very basic guide i thort that would be easyer

Upvote 0

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
also you said download the basic 'mir 2.3 server files', but in your link you've got DM2 Server files. which in all honesty, will just confuse ppl.

i really dont see what was wrong with the 100's of guides already written.

Upvote 0

grand99

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Oct 22, 2003
i have finaly got ingame
thank you to everyone who helpd it happen lol

now i just have one question, how do i change item stats and mobs stats as DBcommander that i used on 1.9 and 1.4 do not work anymore

thanks in advanced

ps, if its too complicated i wont bother lol

oh also Blizzard and Meteror are not in my item or magic DB's does anyone know how i can add them plz (all the other 2.3 magics are working as far as i know, such as rage)

Upvote 0

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
Blizzard and Meteror arnt in the svn files yet, if you want them ull have to code them urself, ppl arnt kind enough to release code (excluding team ofc)

to edit anything. goto envir folder, and open the .mdb file (same place where you make yourself a gm etc)

Upvote 0

grand99

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Oct 22, 2003
things like drops and where/when mobs spawn im fine with

the thing i am strugling with is adding or changing stats of spells/mobs or items

the things that used DBcommander to change previusly.

does anyone know what i can open .Mdb files with plz?

Upvote 0

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
microsoft database. = microsoft access.

geez, i thought ude have been atleast bright enough to figure that out.

Upvote 0

grand99

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Oct 22, 2003
microsoft database. = microsoft access.

geez, i thought ude have been atleast bright enough to figure that out.

well there are loads of programs out there how am i ment to guess that M befor daatbase means microsoft :S

anyway thanks for the info but i dont have M>access :(

Upvote 0

johnyl1

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 24, 2003
Portugal
Ok this is for poeple who would just like to mess around on 2.3 DM2 Server Files.

First of all you must have the latest Euro mir client installed get it... Here

If you have the files installed ull need to now download the 2.3 Server files from... Here

Once the files are installed go to the Release foulder...

All the IP's should allrdy be set to 127.0.0.1 look throw the Release foulder to make suar they are.

Now you have the server files all you have to do is set up the Client.

Go to your Euro foulder & open it, Remove the patch files to make it look like this...

Now open your Mir.ini & change the ip's to match this...

Close & save & then open MirSetup.ini & do the same...

Save & close.

Now go into the Release foulder & find the Mir2 foulder open it & you should see this...

Extract the exe, data & wav file to the euro mir foulder where you just changed your ip's

Now Run the Server exe's in each foulder thats in the Release foulder makeing suar the last one you run is the M2Server exe once its all loaded up in the m2server window go to your euro foulder & run the exe all should work.

Go to the release foulder & open m2server foulder & then go to Envir find the Data icon (looks like a note with a key on it) open this & go to TBL_Admin & add your self to it.

Erm, soz about this question but!!!! Are there any exe's on the server rar file??? coz i can't find any!!!!!!!

Upvote 0

hesmondo

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Oct 26, 2006

ok because im duma nd first time with these files, how do i get microsoft access? also when i open my release folder there is no mir2 file there?

Upvote 0

~HeavenSent~

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Nov 9, 2005
Chorley
Ok the Mir2 foulder that should be there itent so im uploading it dose anyone know a fast & free upload site FileFont is taking 4hours >.<
(Very slow) if so post asap & you get access in Misrosoft office.

Upvote 0

hesmondo

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Oct 26, 2006
Ok the Mir2 foulder that should be there itent so im uploading it dose anyone know a fast & free upload site FileFont is taking 4hours >.<
(Very slow) if so post asap & you get access in Misrosoft office.

you got msn mate? somewhere we can talk quicker...

Upvote 0

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
i request this thread be deleted please. ive had 2 ppl pm me saying they cant get their server working from using this guide.

i know your trying to help heaven, but your just causing more trouble and help posts.

Upvote 0

jandamna

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Oct 20, 2006
dont delete this thread!!! lol its by far the easiest 1 up atm, i dont understand any of the others but this 1's helping me, she's sending everybody the correct files, so dont delete!! zomg

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.