[Very Basic] 2.3 Server Guide.

Status
Not open for further replies.

~HeavenSent~

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Nov 9, 2005
Chorley
Ok this is for poeple who would just like to mess around on 2.3 DM2 Server Files.

First of all you must have the latest Euro mir client installed get it... Here

If you have the files installed ull need to now download the 2.3 Server files from... NEW HERE
Downlosd each File.

Once the files are installed go to the Release foulder...

All the IP's should allrdy be set to 127.0.0.1 look throw the Release foulder to make suar they are.

Now you have the server files all you have to do is set up the Client.

Go to your Euro foulder & open it, Remove the patch files to make it look like this...

Now open your Mir.ini & change the ip's to match this...

Close & save & then open MirSetup.ini & do the same...

Save & close.

Now go into the Release foulder & find the Mir2 foulder open it & you should see this...

Extract the exe, data & wav file to the euro mir foulder where you just changed your ip's

Now Run the Server exe's in each foulder thats in the Release foulder makeing suar the last one you run is the M2Server exe once its all loaded up in the m2server window go to your euro foulder & run the exe all should work.

Makeing your self a GM...

You must have access on your PC!

Go to the release foulder & open m2server foulder & then go to Envir find the Data icon (looks like a note with a key on it) open this & go to TBL_Admin & add your self to it.

Hope this help's some one :P

Last edited by a moderator:

Killmaster

Legend
Legendary
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Nov 13, 2003
If u explained ur problems people would be able to help very easily.
Give us screenshots of your problems.

Geez people you want the help and dont give us enough information on how to set it up. Its by far on of the easiest server files to setup imo.

Upvote 0

Babyhack

Devilsoul Owner
VIP
Feb 4, 2004
Dublin, Ireland
dont delete this thread!!! lol its by far the easiest 1 up atm, i dont understand any of the others but this 1's helping me, she's sending everybody the correct files, so dont delete!! zomg

She is linking to very very very old source files

The SVN files (2 stickies) have everything thats need to run a server (and they are pre setup all you do is run the files) but for some reason very few of you lot are able to manage that

The reason we have not fully released the ongoing project files is because they are not ready
(This thread and all the stupid help post are a great example of this)

Its simple
Read the SVN sticky
do what it tells you (Download ALL the files)
go into the release folder
run the .exe files (they are all in there right folders)
copy the mir2.exe (its in the Mir2 folder) to your euro mir 2.3 folder
copt the mir.ini (..\Trunk\Source\Client\mir.ini) to the same euro mir 2.3 folder
Run the mir2.exe
Server up and running

BH

Upvote 0

jandamna

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Oct 20, 2006
She is linking to very very very old source files

The SVN files (2 stickies) have everything thats need to run a server (and they are pre setup all you do is run the files) but for some reason very few of you lot are able to manage that

The reason we have not fully released the ongoing project files is because they are not ready
(This thread and all the stupid help post are a great example of this)

Its simple
Read the SVN sticky
do what it tells you (Download ALL the files)
go into the release folder
run the .exe files (they are all in there right folders)
copy the mir2.exe (its in the Mir2 folder) to your euro mir 2.3 folder
copt the mir.ini (..\Trunk\Source\Client\mir.ini) to the same euro mir 2.3 folder
Run the mir2.exe
Server up and running

BH
and where is this *svn sticky* u talk about?

Upvote 0

jandamna

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Oct 20, 2006
Use your EYES

I am here to help and advise people
I am not here to stick everything on a golden plate and serve it to you

If you cba to look and use the search function (help yourself) then Icba to help you

BH

u sound like a GREAAAAAAT owner of that new devilsoul server? lol
seems if u cba with just helpin peeps on this forum, how can u be asked running a server? :O

Upvote 0

MiloFoxburr

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Mar 23, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
seems if u cba with just helpin peeps on this forum, how can u be asked running a server? :O

Its not a server owners job to hold peoples hands

Infact dont expect to see GM's in Devilsoul very often. Majority of our systems are automated

Oh and devilsoul sure aint new..

Upvote 0

Babyhack

Devilsoul Owner
VIP
Feb 4, 2004
Dublin, Ireland

You sound like someone that cant run 7 .exe files or even find a sticky thread on a forum

New DS Server LOL it was new 3 years ago, I know how to run a server its you who cant even find a sticky thread

Also I said I cba to help you (which I have) (nothing to do with DS)
I help people who try something and get stuck
why should I help someone that just wants everything

BH

Upvote 0

jandamna

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Oct 20, 2006
lol, He never says I cba when it comes to server issues just issues on lomcn especially ones that are so easily solved
if they r soo EASILY solved then we does he say he cba? that makes alot of sence, if its so easy why is there only 1 person on this whole forum whos offered to help me?

Upvote 0

Babyhack

Devilsoul Owner
VIP
Feb 4, 2004
Dublin, Ireland
if they r soo EASILY solved then we does he say he cba? that makes alot of sence, if its so easy why is there only 1 person on this whole forum whos offered to help me?

I did help you
twice
But you seemed to miss that too
I posted a guide on what to do and I also posted a link to the SVN guide
What more do you want me to do

BH

Upvote 0

jandamna

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Oct 20, 2006
this whole convo could have been saved if u would have just helped me with the link in the first place, but for doing so i ty :P

Upvote 0

Babyhack

Devilsoul Owner
VIP
Feb 4, 2004
Dublin, Ireland
this whole convo could have been saved if u would have just helped me with the link in the first place, but for doing so i ty :P

Thats not the point
if something is stickied its important and easy to find
others where able to find it fine
giving you the link has helped you but you have not learned anything from it as it was just handed to you

By finding things yourself you learn stuff, thats how we all do it
You are lucky it was Milo and myself that seen this cause there are many uses on the forum that would treat you a lot worse
most uses will not even reply to posts asking for the SVN file or anything in the stickies
most of the time I delete the thread and send the user a PM saying look 5 threads up

You have to see our point
You are 1 in a long line of people who post asking for this and that (spamming the forum with new threads) when people have posted guides and links already that are very easy to find and use

A simple case of using the search function of the forum or looking at the sticky posts would of stopped this whole thread from even happening

BH

Upvote 0

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
You are lucky it was Milo and myself that seen this cause there are many uses on the forum that would treat you a lot worse

yeah, i wld have ripped the sh1t out of him if i saw his post :P

Upvote 0

~HeavenSent~

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Nov 9, 2005
Chorley
i request this thread be deleted please. ive had 2 ppl pm me saying they cant get their server working from using this guide.

i know your trying to help heaven, but your just causing more trouble and help posts.

Its only not working because the dimondfiles that is meant to work has no exe's.

ILL UPLOAD THE RELECE FOUNDER 2DAY !!!

Upvote 0

Babyhack

Devilsoul Owner
VIP
Feb 4, 2004
Dublin, Ireland
Its only not working because the dimondfiles that is meant to work has no exe's.

ILL UPLOAD THE RELECE FOUNDER 2DAY !!!

As I said above
you are linking to very very very old source (the first source that was released infact)
Link people to the SVN sticky that has the updated files and are so easy to setup

And I will just delete your linking if you upload the release folder
The LOMCN Project is still UNFINISHED and by releasing the files its just going to confuse people
Anyone who wants to files can read the stickies and get them

Anyone who is unable to find and read a sticky will be unable to setup the files

BH

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.