Join Discord
Status
Not open for further replies.

~HeavenSent~

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Nov 9, 2005
Chorley
Ok this is for poeple who would just like to mess around on 2.3 DM2 Server Files.

First of all you must have the latest Euro mir client installed get it... Here

If you have the files installed ull need to now download the 2.3 Server files from... NEW HERE
Downlosd each File.

Once the files are installed go to the Release foulder...

All the IP's should allrdy be set to 127.0.0.1 look throw the Release foulder to make suar they are.

Now you have the server files all you have to do is set up the Client.

Go to your Euro foulder & open it, Remove the patch files to make it look like this...

Now open your Mir.ini & change the ip's to match this...

Close & save & then open MirSetup.ini & do the same...

Save & close.

Now go into the Release foulder & find the Mir2 foulder open it & you should see this...

Extract the exe, data & wav file to the euro mir foulder where you just changed your ip's

Now Run the Server exe's in each foulder thats in the Release foulder makeing suar the last one you run is the M2Server exe once its all loaded up in the m2server window go to your euro foulder & run the exe all should work.

Makeing your self a GM...

You must have access on your PC!

Go to the release foulder & open m2server foulder & then go to Envir find the Data icon (looks like a note with a key on it) open this & go to TBL_Admin & add your self to it.

Hope this help's some one :P

Last edited by a moderator:

~HeavenSent~

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Nov 9, 2005
Chorley
You have not posted a link

Its not that hard
Its called SVN information
Its in the open source section
Its a simple guide to follow

The link you have posted in this thread is the very first set of source from the project
516 updates behind the SVN

BH

lol sorry i for got to past it @ work carnt let the boss see me on lomcn lol ok ill fix links when i get home. ty bh

Upvote 0

DevilsKnight

I
VIP
Aug 1, 2004
if they r soo EASILY solved then we does he say he cba? that makes alot of sence, if its so easy why is there only 1 person on this whole forum whos offered to help me?

lol because ur an idoit.

This post has just made me realise y farphit is such a ass 2 people lol! Neway i'll stop rambling on. Heavensent just link to the the svn then just leave the rest of ur guide.

Upvote 0

gizzy0001

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 26, 2005
ok well everything seems to fine with this section just when i go to start the server i get this apearing in the mir2server nowi havent changed anything any ideas pls ladies and gents
Loaded client version information and server table...
Loading StdItem.DB...
StdItem.DB loaded(732).
Loading MapFiles...
Mapfile loaded(0).
DecoItem loaded..
Loading Guild Territorys...
Loading Monster.DB...
Monster.DB loaded(354).
Loading Magic.DB...
Magic.DB loaded(51).
Loading MonGen.txt...
MonGen.txt loaded(0).
Loading GenMsg.txt...
GenMsg.txt loaded(6).
Loading UnbindList.txt...
UnbindList information loaded.
Loading MapQuest.txt...
MapQuest.txt : Failure was occurred while reading this file.Code= -11
and all maps say failed to laod
now i am having a wild gess at the link for the mir2 server is not reading the map info

Upvote 0

~HeavenSent~

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Nov 9, 2005
Chorley
ok well everything seems to fine with this section just when i go to start the server i get this apearing in the mir2server nowi havent changed anything any ideas pls ladies and gents
Loading StdItem.DB...
StdItem.DB loaded(732).
Loading MapFiles...
Mapfile loaded(0).
DecoItem loaded..
Loading Guild Territorys...
Loading Monster.DB...
Monster.DB loaded(354).
Loading Magic.DB...
Magic.DB loaded(51).
Loading MonGen.txt...
MonGen.txt loaded(0).
Loading GenMsg.txt...
GenMsg.txt loaded(6).
Loading UnbindList.txt...
UnbindList information loaded.
Loading MapQuest.txt...
MapQuest.txt : Failure was occurred while reading this file.Code= -11
and all maps say failed to laod
now i am having a wild gess at the link for the mir2 server is not reading the map info

You have to add a copy of MAP to your m2server Foulder

Upvote 0

Shaneypoo

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Nov 24, 2006
when i try to run the M2Server.exe, it pops up and says:
Loading client version information failed. check !setup.txt -> [setup] -> clientfile1,..
elp lol ;)

Upvote 0

Da Mafia

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 2, 2006
when i try to run the M2Server.exe, it pops up and says:
Loading client version information failed. check !setup.txt -> [setup] -> clientfile1,..
elp lol ;)

Copy the Mir2.exe from the client folder, and put it in your M2Server folder.

Upvote 0

Bountyhunter

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Apr 20, 2003
When i run M2server it says:

[15/12/2006 18:43:57] Error: .\Map\MI208.map failed to load.
[15/12/2006 18:43:57] Error: .\Map\MI209.map failed to load.

Also when i try to make a account aload of chinese rubbish comes up with error -1 at end end or somthing.

Any ideas as i cant get it to work....

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
i seriously dont know why anyones following this thread. hes linked you to an svn release, which means you have to download the server files individually, which would confuse most of you people. then hes telling you to edit things which you dont need to. and showing you screenshots to completely different files.

its pure rubbish.

luckily, someone who DOES know how to setup these files and provide propper help will be releasing a guide in a day or 2.

Upvote 0

~Zerberoz~

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Dec 9, 2006
i seriously dont know why anyones following this thread. hes linked you to an svn release, which means you have to download the server files individually, which would confuse most of you people. then hes telling you to edit things which you dont need to. and showing you screenshots to completely different files.

its pure rubbish.

luckily, someone who DOES know how to setup these files and provide propper help will be releasing a guide in a day or 2.

yup am confussed lol.. Why car't you download the files all at once? Or has no one uploaded them yet? Strange to do it file by file:punch: .

Upvote 0

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
hes given you this link http://svn.soren.co.uk/lomcn_m2/Trunk/Release/

(since uploading the svn exes is against the rules atm)

but with that link you cant download all files at once, only 1 by one.

which is why he should have explained the svn update program you need to download in order to download them all at once.

basically, its made a mess of things and will confuse new people. ive been here 4 years and im confused by that guide.

Upvote 0

~Zerberoz~

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Dec 9, 2006
hes given you this link http://svn.soren.co.uk/lomcn_m2/Trunk/Release/

(since uploading the svn exes is against the rules atm)

but with that link you cant download all files at once, only 1 by one.

which is why he should have explained the svn update program you need to download in order to download them all at once.

basically, its made a mess of things and will confuse new people. ive been here 4 years and im confused by that guide.

Yes i was told about the program but it did'nt say anything about it in the guide which confussed me alot. Or someone could upload the files all at once and send it thorw PM il be very greatful hehe:tongue1: .

Upvote 0

02goswej

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jul 12, 2004
United Kingdom
mine seems to be working perfectly untill its time for the notice to come up. I select my char and i w8....and w8 and w8 and nothing comes up

Upvote 0

Shaneypoo

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Nov 24, 2006
>< mine works fine... cept when i log in, it comes up with my char, its lvl, hp mp etc, but it says 'You have the wrong version, please get the latest version' and i cant move or equip anything O.o

Upvote 0

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
mine seems to be working perfectly untill its time for the notice to come up. I select my char and i w8....and w8 and w8 and nothing comes up

does it say all 3 gates are connected in your m2server? i had this problem before, and fixed it by simply waiting a minute for the m2server to finalise itself.

@shane, thats because you arnt using the latest svn mir.exe, your probably using the euromir one.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.