My first MIR experience.

Join Discord

Chriz

Captain Lurker
VIP
Mar 24, 2003
LOMCN
Oh ****, I remember this! This one caused a rollback I believe.
Oh there was another, players could roll back the server by crashing it before its incremental save... (Not sure how they did the crash) but it usually happened after a high profile refine break :rolleyes:

Reactions: mistodon and Tai

FloppyQ

LOMCN Member
May 12, 2020
Oh there was another, players could roll back the server by crashing it before its incremental save... (Not sure how they did the crash) but it usually happened after a high profile refine break :rolleyes:

The DC+20 SOWG and MC+20 RMS that appeared after a long period of crashes.

• Haha
Reactions: Chriz

Skyline

LOMCN Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 26, 2003
Sheffield
Rollback I think he means a full on rewind.
The did a rewind by about 2 or 4 weeks on Euro due to the gold exploit.

Although the exploit had been ongoing way before that so the damage was already done and the market was in tatters. Prices on the rare kit went up 10 fold.

Reactions: Chriz

blazee

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 3, 2012
Was RZ the server that had the tao AuntSally? I Recall her being in a MirArm I think it may have been the HR version from what I recall, curse use to work like 100% of the time(from her anyway) and would last forever she was kitted nicely. I use to pilot PuffDaddy a warr with my mates I think they may have even bought the char off someone memory's abit Hazey as it was so long ago but if it is the server I'm thinking off it was a hell of a good one and the PK outside book shop could last hours lol.

From what I head back then AuntSally use to pay for her kit under the table to 1 of the GMs I'm not sure how true this is but it was a whisper that I heard all them years ago.

Good fun just a random memory that came back to me reading through

• Wow
Reactions: MentaL

astrix

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Feb 16, 2011
Was RZ the server that had the tao AuntSally? I Recall her being in a MirArm I think it may have been the HR version from what I recall, curse use to work like 100% of the time(from her anyway) and would last forever she was kitted nicely. I use to pilot PuffDaddy a warr with my mates I think they may have even bought the char off someone memory's abit Hazey as it was so long ago but if it is the server I'm thinking off it was a hell of a good one and the PK outside book shop could last hours lol.

From what I head back then AuntSally use to pay for her kit under the table to 1 of the GMs I'm not sure how true this is but it was a whisper that I heard all them years ago.

Good fun just a random memory that came back to me reading through
You are thinking of mir revenge, was a Highrate i also played that start was heaven/ hell kit. into mir/ mir revenge then devil kit. Auntsally made Axiom Knights a guild I joined with a very old mate of mine. A warrior Lukie was a big donator he ended up robbing my mate (shaun) who played astrix and murdeathkill. so few months later he gave him his account details and robbed him back lol remember it clear as day. jamie threatening to ban us both if didn't return. so the next day jamie crashes the server on purpose rewound. lukie didn't wake up yet nore change his password so logged back on again and stripped it again completely.

eventually jamie gave up ignored what happend cause he just @made Lukie some new kit, was funny looking back on mir revenge, Allied a romanian player? i think dossed the server instantly soon as he dropped his curved staff to me in laptas nest. think he kept game down for 2 days, then did the forums also. ( did not mess about lol ) I can actually remember pking puffdaddy alot the char was a war had a pink jmace.. Eventually made dreamteam think the char ended up joining.

But looking back yeah was so much pk in bw. and xhale (mike ) wrote the poem to wild girl . aka 2 brothers from the uk. Bought her well them a plane ticket for one of them to admit to him they wildgirl wasn't a female and was them, lol pretty ****ed tbh that got upto 350+ players at one point so much pk

Reactions: blazee and syke

Pusha

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Oct 14, 2017
England
You are thinking of mir revenge, was a Highrate i also played that start was heaven/ hell kit. into mir/ mir revenge then devil kit. Auntsally made Axiom Knights a guild I joined with a very old mate of mine. A warrior Lukie was a big donator he ended up robbing my mate (shaun) who played astrix and murdeathkill. so few months later he gave him his account details and robbed him back lol remember it clear as day. jamie threatening to ban us both if didn't return. so the next day jamie crashes the server on purpose rewound. lukie didn't wake up yet nore change his password so logged back on again and stripped it again completely.

eventually jamie gave up ignored what happend cause he just @made Lukie some new kit, was funny looking back on mir revenge, Allied a romanian player? i think dossed the server instantly soon as he dropped his curved staff to me in laptas nest. think he kept game down for 2 days, then did the forums also. ( did not mess about lol ) I can actually remember pking puffdaddy alot the char was a war had a pink jmace.. Eventually made dreamteam think the char ended up joining.

But looking back yeah was so much pk in bw. and xhale (mike ) wrote the poem to wild girl . aka 2 brothers from the uk. Bought her well them a plane ticket for one of them to admit to him they wildgirl wasn't a female and was them, lol pretty ****ed tbh that got upto 350+ players at one point so much pk
Omg this made me laugh, I remember that Xhale situation with WildGirl, what an absolute sausage.

Was it Crazy1 that ddossed the server for a few days?

• Haha
Reactions: Omnibus

syke

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Oct 24, 2011

Mir revenge was good fun, knew Puff well too, don’t think he plays mir anymore now though.

Reactions: blazee

Omnibus

Banned
Banned
Dec 9, 2021
Never played Mir Revenge but always heard of it.

What a crazy world Mir was with all those cheats and bugs and everything hahahaha

Damn, I missed out lol

astrix

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Feb 16, 2011
Omg this made me laugh, I remember that Xhale situation with WildGirl, what an absolute sausage.

Was it Crazy1 that ddossed the server for a few days?
It was a guy under name Allied a wizard, and that was just straight down login then forum. i think it got attacked 2 or three times so unsure about crazy1 ino he used cheats though.
I'm sure the Mir revenge guy retracted hundreds from me. Dirty person, imo.
He was corrupt making his mate eddy items, fun server bad guy though lol i ended up being banned in the end for calling him out on it .. was fun while it lasted
Mir revenge was good fun, knew Puff well too, don’t think he plays mir anymore now though.
Aye puff was a good man, only pked him due to being in different guild

Jev

ғᴜᴄᴋɪɴɢ ᴊᴇᴠ
Staff member
May 16, 2017
Worthing, West Sussex
Does anyone remember the early days of P69 when someone called AngryPirate managed to hack a GM account and started @making items for everyone in town?

I don't know if his main char "angrypirate" was made a gm by the exploit or if he gained access to a gm char itself.

I was really young at the time.

I could be misremembering but 🤷‍♂️

Whoops777

LOMCN Member
Sep 27, 2022
I only remember the re wind or euro 1.4 when all items was in shops could get any item in game from normal shops

Omnibus

Banned
Banned
Dec 9, 2021
Does anyone remember the early days of P69 when someone called AngryPirate managed to hack a GM account and started @making items for everyone in town?

I don't know if his main char "angrypirate" was made a gm by the exploit or if he gained access to a gm char itself.

That's quite an interesting incident.

Slipmatt

Why the f are we still here?
Veteran
May 10, 2009
County Durham
Sacha Baron Cohen Thumbs Up GIF by Amazon Prime Video

Post automatically merged:

Anyone remember this?
View attachment 31475

View attachment 31476
Jesus christ, yeah. I remember getting hold of mirlander as a 13-14 year old running riot but also being terrified I'd get caught and banned. Legit stopped using it after a day or two :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: MentaL and Omnibus

syke

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Oct 24, 2011

Wasn’t that foobar or whatever his name is? Ddos it loads after getting caught

MentaL

Mir 1.4
VIP
Mar 3, 2004
Cardiff
Yea, back then...
Omg

Screenshot_20230503_230438_Brave.png

Jesus christ, yeah. I remember getting hold of mirlander as a 13-14 year old running riot but also being terrified I'd get caught and banned. Legit stopped using it after a day or two :ROFLMAO:
It was a manual ban via GM or video recording. Early days had no real anti cheat, sort of like the TV licensing vans, a giant scam.

FB_IMG_1683154985976.jpg

Who else used this area as a test spawn location?

Last edited:

Vaynes

Banned
Banned
Mar 4, 2022
@MentaL wonder if you have any screenshots of AncientCrawler from your high rate. God that boss was a bitch to get to and then kill

xXxX

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Mar 9, 2005

Well you maybe referring to HiddenMist server ran by Myself and Ellmo many many years back, in which AngryPirate (Mike) somehow gained remote access to our dedi and gave everyone GM Blades and special rings..... Unless he has done this on more than one occasion? lol

Also getting some crazy nostalgia from those pictures in your signiture MentaL , especially as I was the warrior complaining about IZT spawning on my head in guildchat in picture 5 :D before I started using the name KENPACHI , Also I remember on one of the early RageZone's you had a PepsiSet which was Redorchid kit reskinned and a NoobSlayer which was a DSS skinned starter wep.

The Real question is do you remember the @testga or @ga commands on euro? where you enter the password for temporary GM status until relog, and euro doing a big rewind due to this, resulting in the night before the rewind GM's spawning ZT's in pk village and EC's in bw safezone.

I was one of the testers of Louds private server. He was a GM and one of the hosts of the TV show. It was thanks to him where things are today. I believe he shared them between several people and then they came to my possession from a dude I believe called Planet metal or something to that effect. Anyone remember Loud?
I remember Loud aka Clamor very well, every time I came home from school him or Axen was online standing inside a BW shop and I would spam pm both of them daring them to kill me calling them pussy's for weeks on end, until one evening LouD teleported off and recalled me to a GM map and flattened me (may have even be the lord room?)

Last edited:
Reactions: MentaL