My first MIR experience.

Join Discord

MentaL

Mir 1.4
VIP
Mar 3, 2004
Cardiff
The Real question is do you remember the @testga or @ga commands on euro? where you enter the password for temporary GM status until relog, and euro doing a big rewind due to this, resulting in the night before the rewind GM's spawning ZT's in pk village and EC's in bw safezone.
I remember. @ga plus m2server pass = fun.

MentaL

Mir 1.4
VIP
Mar 3, 2004
Cardiff
I was going to launch a varied server on an Angel and Devil system I wrote. It was a pain. The entire premise of the server was designed to be operated via two paths.

Angels, favourable.
Devils, bad.

Being aligned to whichever side though granted separate npc dialogues and quests. I had a decent base and idea but in the end I didn't think it would take off. Imagine the possibilities.

Reactions: 1PKRyan

SPL1FF

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Banshee
Game Master
Mar 24, 2003
I was going to launch a varied server on an Angel and Devil system I wrote. It was a pain. The entire premise of the server was designed to be operated via two paths.

Angels, favourable.
Devils, bad.

Being aligned to whichever side though granted separate npc dialogues and quests. I had a decent base and idea but in the end I didn't think it would take off. Imagine the possibilities.
Bit like Myth of Soma where the two worlds would fight each other a couple times a week. It is a great concept that could work however would he an absolute ******* nightmare to manage if each side had different items / caves / spellls etcetc

Reactions: MentaL

MentaL

Mir 1.4
VIP
Mar 3, 2004
Cardiff
Bit like Myth of Soma where the two worlds would fight each other a couple times a week. It is a great concept that could work however would he an absolute ******* nightmare to manage if each side had different items / caves / spellls etcetc

Oh yes, it would be a challange.

DOSturbo

LOMCN n00bie
Apr 2, 2015
Here
Do you reckon you will play mir agen may be euro reborn
Im going to. So Mental might.
Post automatically merged:

Your not making this up, It was a thing lol. Cant remember the detail - but I think your pretty close.. I had a friend with some whacky SSW with stupid stats on it (impossible).. never tried it though, seemed to risky and obvious lol.

The NPC exploits was pretty bad, you could literally milk quest rewards indefinatley, that included: gold, items, benes, exp (level 50 boots quest gave exp pills) etc.. just by recrafting and resending the [@getreward] call - euro mir didnt always have checks on the same NPC actions, doh.

The Challenge room NPC was funny too, you could spawn tonnes of mobs, firewall the room and level quite fast lol. (Flood the [@spawnmobs] packet)

You could also change the cast location of some of the skills through packet editing, for example cast icestorm on the EM body while stood at the enterance. Also in town PK areas, you could cast curse on an area thats off screen for the tao and the skill wouldnt visually appear for anyone, but people would get the affects and randomly get poisioned. funny hahaha

Game was flooded with exploits really :X
yeah, back when I did NPC code work, managing them was a nightmare.

Last edited:

Jev

ғᴜᴄᴋɪɴɢ ᴊᴇᴠ
Staff member
May 16, 2017
Worthing, West Sussex
Well you maybe referring to HiddenMist server ran by Myself and Ellmo many many years back, in which AngryPirate (Mike) somehow gained remote access to our dedi and gave everyone GM Blades and special rings..... Unless he has done this on more than one occasion? lol
You might be right, This must have been years ago.

MentaL

Mir 1.4
VIP
Mar 3, 2004
Cardiff
Mine got banned too! It’s not who you know, it’s who dick your su… 🫤
bunny grammar GIF

MentaL

Mir 1.4
VIP
Mar 3, 2004
Cardiff
seeing a screenshot of the old official lom2 forums, really bought back memories...

Wish i could go back to that time, no kids, no job, no worries, just playing mir and masturbating.

I always found it sad and telling that people would abandon their kids to go back in time.

IckityWickity

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 9, 2003
I have memories of Dragon server imprinted on my brain so deep they will never go away... My name was Cridden and I played Dragon server during the beta before you had to pay... I remember seeing one of the first players in heavy armor and thinking they were a boss tearing through the mines that must be chased..

I remember jumping the drop hundreds of times at Lords and ES and trying to click the screen just right to pick up the item when someone was standing in front of me.

Cobra, rathman and raman are names of noble leaders forever inscribed into my brain and that Trooperr and cooledragon were to be hated always.

I remember brethtaker and I forming Dark Alliance with some fine guildmates like MazMan and LUIGUI

I remember being in RME KR when EddieSW dc'd & dropped his dc +1 dragon slayer and telering when there were only a handful of each ingame. I also remember how hated I was when I didn't give them back.

I remember setting traps in ZT 7th with an enormous mob which could kill a whole group if done correctly. Recovered many a ruby ring and other knick-knacks this way. =)

I've sunk more hours into this game than any other and don't regret it at all. =)

• Love
Reactions: Wond and Martyn

MentaL

Mir 1.4
VIP
Mar 3, 2004
Cardiff
I have memories of Dragon server imprinted on my brain so deep they will never go away... My name was Cridden and I played Dragon server during the beta before you had to pay... I remember seeing one of the first players in heavy armor and thinking they were a boss tearing through the mines that must be chased..

I remember jumping the drop hundreds of times at Lords and ES and trying to click the screen just right to pick up the item when someone was standing in front of me.

Cobra, rathman and raman are names of noble leaders forever inscribed into my brain and that Trooperr and cooledragon were to be hated always.

I remember brethtaker and I forming Dark Alliance with some fine guildmates like MazMan and LUIGUI

I remember being in RME KR when EddieSW dc'd & dropped his dc +1 dragon slayer and telering when there were only a handful of each ingame. I also remember how hated I was when I didn't give them back.

I remember setting traps in ZT 7th with an enormous mob which could kill a whole group if done correctly. Recovered many a ruby ring and other knick-knacks this way. =)

I've sunk more hours into this game than any other and don't regret it at all. =)

I remember trooperr and luigui!

Omnibus

Banned
Banned
Dec 9, 2021
Going on guild hunts to Zuma Temple was one of the fun experiences I used to have playing Euro.

Learning how to take out mini bosses like RTZ.

Reactions: zivanovic99

SmavidDavid

Playing Legend of Mir 5
Legendary
Jun 13, 2006
Worthing, West Sussex
What happened to Lords? I recall seeing a player chasing a Bone Elite, which now i know was Bichon Lord in desert part of BW on GameTv or w/e it was but i never saw one ingame by time i got into Mir more