New stance on cheats etc

smoochy boys on tour

Where do we draw the line on cheating, chargebacks, dox'ing and faking usercount?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

syke

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Oct 24, 2011
Jesus this is getting out of hand and just becoming a slagging match of insults.

My question would be, if we are not going to allow valk to advertise. Close the polls and stick with it. Why ask the question in the first place.

You made the poll to start with, then argue against the results. Either let him advertise or not.

I didn’t play his first server but heard some good things, either way I’ll try the next and if he cheats and sells items then it will seem like every other server that has cheats and p2w. Won’t be the first and won’t be the last.

people will advertise via discord anyway. This thread is just embarrassing now

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
Jesus this is getting out of hand and just becoming a slagging match of insults.

My question would be, if we are not going to allow valk to advertise. Close the polls and stick with it. Why ask the question in the first place.

You made the poll to start with, then argue against the results. Either let him advertise or not.

I didn’t play his first server but heard some good things, either way I’ll try the next and if he cheats and sells items then it will seem like every other server that has cheats and p2w. Won’t be the first and won’t be the last.

people will advertise via discord anyway. This thread is just embarrassing now
No one’s arguing the results lol. Learn to read or stfu you’re contributing nothing

sweetfa

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Oct 30, 2003
UK
I have been here 20 years..Thats a long time. Reading through this really makes me sad =[ We used to be a close'ish community but it doesnt feel like that right now everyone just take a deep breath ans stop for a few mins

syke

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Oct 24, 2011
No one’s arguing the results lol. Learn to read or stfu you’re contributing nothing

Ok, maybe just a delayed reaction but it seems like the results say he can advertise then it’s what about this what about that. This whole post is a mess and anyone with half a brain can see that.

I’m contributing the fact that this post is nothing but stupid insults back and forth. Like yours here. But yeah you’re contributing loads by insulting people, keep up the great work.
Post automatically merged:

I have been here 20 years..Thats a long time. Reading through this really makes me sad =[ We used to be a close'ish community but it doesnt feel like that right now everyone just take a deep breath ans stop for a few mins

Community in LOMCN don’t exist, should change the CN to Tai.

*awaits a mature insult*

WelshSteel

Hallucination Critic
Dedicated Member
Dec 15, 2016

I've always been here to try and discuss the game itself.

I'm really not here to dicuss some personal vendetta vs one creator who "they" don't personally like and who "sabotaged" a fricking idiot in xxx69xxx (<-- says it on the tin really!).

I've already proven a flaw with the usercount system hence why they had to delete the post from this thread, I mean Tai was ready to ignite any fire on that one day many years ago probably due to getting a few words from a few nobodies that he trusts due to them paying him LOMCN sub money or some **** and/or just finding out that they don't personally like the creator, it's not even funny tbh when the quality of server isn't judged at all and only its maker, for clearly the wrong reasons.

I'd love to be having a debate (dig :p) with likes of @Sanjian right now for gameplay development choices or some crap, instead of trying to defend common sense, I'm just waiting for this boil to pop tbh IE Either Tai defeated or Tai is supreme overlord and every cool kid is kicked out of here because we're not arse lickers.

Last edited:

mistodon

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 16, 2003
Welsh you keep talking about the quality off a server. Valks v1 lasted a matter off mere months..you honestly believe v2 is going to last years? The guys cheats and let's others cheat on his server. The uc will be 300 on launch then after first week off everyone getting battered by the cheats the uc will be 10. Letting him run an advert on here to appease a few numpties is stupid.

Helloyou

LOMCN Member
Aug 9, 2020
Welsh you keep talking about the quality off a server. Valks v1 lasted a matter off mere months..you honestly believe v2 is going to last years? The guys cheats and let's others cheat on his server. The uc will be 300 on launch then after first week off everyone getting battered by the cheats the uc will be 10. Letting him run an advert on here to appease a few numpties is stupid.
jesus! 300 you're being kind.... you'll be lucky if it gets 1/3'rd of that i think they forget the community is small.

these current servers with anything over 50 users have AFK mechanics to make themselves look pleasing on the UC list, most people are playing servers keep following the crowd and if you think most of the 'crowd' will be on that server you'll be mistaken you'll have the normal bunch that jump from server to server 'claim to dominate' then quit or there will be corruption just like the last server that will kill it off again..

personally feel they need to be more harsh on how often people can reupload a server nvm allowing cheater/doxer/corrupt server owner to have a 2nd attempt at the community after basically killing it with his past actions because passing cheats around and doxing players isnt helping no one.

Reactions: mistodon

Hercules

Prime Hunter
Banned
Jun 4, 2018
Asda
Servers do not need to last years to be fun.
Post automatically merged:

I think what Welsh is saying is not for the right that ValkV2 gets to host here. But it’s the principle of it.

This is a community forum I thought? And the majority voted for V2 here. If that doesn’t happen then this forum is no more for the community.

Reactions: Omnibus

WelshSteel

Hallucination Critic
Dedicated Member
Dec 15, 2016
The guys cheats and let's others cheat on his server. The uc will be 300 on launch then after first week off everyone getting battered by the cheats the uc will be 10.

You've heard nothing but gossip and rumour spreading.

I'm going to assume you have trust issues because you've been hurt or people you've friended have been hurt by other servers and all you trust is people owners and moderators on this forum because "how could they possibly be wrong, they must be the most passionate!"....

Why don't you believe me or ibby or koriban? We've never talked about corruption or we've never spotted it, why are we branded as liars and Valk d suckers for???

I don't need to be here, I love fair competition and I'll just be on a fighting game or playing some indie games with my friends, I don't look to join mmorpg's to cheat or neither do I stand for blatant cheating in the late game.

Only around 25 days and you won't hear from me for ages anyway, I'm just going to be playing Diablo 4 and Street Fighter 6 non stop. I'm not a cheat defender, I don't stand for that **** and I don't know why anyone would assume why I would want myself or others to degrade to cheating, it's no longer a game when proper cheating is involved.

Reactions: Hercules

Hercules

Prime Hunter
Banned
Jun 4, 2018
Asda
Undoubtedly this thread is due a close due to being off topic.

I think everyone agrees..

Cheats are bad
Hacks are bad

Should LOMCN police it and stop ppl putting out servers? No, not even Jesus..

We need all these servers coming in to make it feel crowded in here. Fun and nostalgic. We need the bad ones so you can all point your fingers and say “that’s the bad guy” Let’s just have some fun before we die you old C***s

SPL1FF

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Banshee
Game Master
Mar 24, 2003
The vast majority of the Mir community just like to play the game and are generally silent on here and discord servers. I think LOMCN should continue to maintain some kind of rules and standards to try and uphold and if people don’t like that, they can start a new Mir community forum. I think if we had this conversation about weather to allow whatever 15 years ago.. there wouldn’t be a community at all. So let’s not speed up the demise of the game we all love and continue to keep doing what you’re doing. It’s not LOMCN that’s killing the Mir community, LOMCN has kept the community going…

Reactions: wumatica and Jev

Sanjian

Just a Mir2 Fan
VIP
Apr 28, 2011
East Sussex
You've heard nothing but gossip and rumour spreading.

I'm going to assume you have trust issues because you've been hurt or people you've friended have been hurt by other servers and all you trust is people owners and moderators on this forum because "how could they possibly be wrong, they must be the most passionate!"....

Why don't you believe me or ibby or koriban? We've never talked about corruption or we've never spotted it, why are we branded as liars and Valk d suckers for???

I don't need to be here, I love fair competition and I'll just be on a fighting game or playing some indie games with my friends, I don't look to join mmorpg's to cheat or neither do I stand for blatant cheating in the late game.

Only around 25 days and you won't hear from me for ages anyway, I'm just going to be playing Diablo 4 and Street Fighter 6 non stop. I'm not a cheat defender, I don't stand for that **** and I don't know why anyone would assume why I would want myself or others to degrade to cheating, it's no longer a game when proper cheating is involved.
so your saying valk never cheated on his own server nor did he pass around a modified client? ill be honest ive never seen the proof, but why would lomcns admin TEAM lie about it just over one person, it doesnt make sense to me tbh.

Reactions: mistodon

WelshSteel

Hallucination Critic
Dedicated Member
Dec 15, 2016
so your saying valk never cheated on his own server

Valk was too busy with fixing rested xp and watching us slug over world bosses and making improvements to it. If he made and handed out kit and rare skills to anyone I or any of my fellow allies didn't notice it, we were no life playing the game for almost 3 months, with PvP'ing over world bosses and still rare skills to find the grind was important.
There was also notifications when any legendary item dropped, we'd also notice immediately if a randomer had a legendary skill. No ones mentioned any cheating, especially any specifics, so it would be news to me and I was living on the game from start to finish.

nor did he pass around a modified client?

I could not tell you in the slighest what occured around Mir Apocalypse era as I made myself busy with my r/l friends on another game + I egged that on because I saw no potential from Apoc, it wasn't keeping up to standards with the likes of Jamie and Valk's interesting efforts so I didn't want to bore myself.

All I guess is, Apoc owner xxx69xxx or whoever sounds like a fairly straight forward person and his methods very much appeared fairly straight forward, so I'm not surprised his scheme paid off and then clearly didn't pay off once all the cogs started moving. Then during all that stress, there must of been so many angry/bored people on discord that everyone was a monkey throwing poop, then some things were sticking and x69x wanted to blame someone and someone pointed at Valk, that's all I assume.
Then Tai and the rest who barely play, collect a general view of information and simply enforce, so Valk is just a "bad guy", end of discussion.

mistodon

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 16, 2003
jesus! 300 you're being kind.... you'll be lucky if it gets 1/3'rd of that i think they forget the community is small.

these current servers with anything over 50 users have AFK mechanics to make themselves look pleasing on the UC list, most people are playing servers keep following the crowd and if you think most of the 'crowd' will be on that server you'll be mistaken you'll have the normal bunch that jump from server to server 'claim to dominate' then quit or there will be corruption just like the last server that will kill it off again..

personally feel they need to be more harsh on how often people can reupload a server nvm allowing cheater/doxer/corrupt server owner to have a 2nd attempt at the community after basically killing it with his past actions because passing cheats around and doxing players isnt helping no one.
The scary thing is, Welsh isn't even a player who competes, he isn't even one off the known server hoppers who follow the UC. He is just a guy who is up valks arse, and spouts constant near incoherent drivel, to get replies to make him feel somewhat important in the small mir community..

Allowing all the scum to advertise on mirs biggest platform is just ridiculous. If lomcn wasn't so important for the UC off a server, then valk wouldn't be getting his bum boys to argue his case on here. These dodgy GMs need lomcn, lomcn don't need these dodgy gms.

WelshSteel

Hallucination Critic
Dedicated Member
Dec 15, 2016
If lomcn wasn't so important for the UC off a server,

Why did Valk opt for no afk mining mechanics or any afk benefit action on his server then? Valk made no measures to take advantage of usercount and incentivized the action of logging off if you're not properly interacting with the game.

MORE IMPORTANTLY, WHY was my post deleted on this thread, basically stating that the usercounts of servers was not a true reflection of the user amount of servers.

Mistodon, just continue cucking for your next server that has 50+ or way more people afk or using multiple accounts for mining/pet lving/autoplaying and be quiet because the only value your bringing is just simply parroting what your overlord Tai is saying.

I might as well being talking to Tai directly instead of his minions that refuse to think or experience things for themselves honestly...

• Haha
Reactions: mistodon and Jev

mistodon

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 16, 2003
Why did Valk opt for no afk mining mechanics or any afk benefit action on his server then? Valk made no measures to take advantage of usercount and incentivized the action of logging off if you're not properly interacting with the game.

MORE IMPORTANTLY, WHY was my post deleted on this thread, basically stating that the usercounts of servers was not a true reflection of the user amount of servers.

Mistodon, just continue cucking for your next server that has 50+ or way more people afk or using multiple accounts for mining/pet lving/autoplaying and be quiet because the only value your bringing is just simply parroting what your overlord Tai is saying.

I might as well being talking to Tai directly instead of his minions that refuse to think or experience things for themselves honestly...
I have no affiliation to Tai, or any server for that matter..the server I played has now closed and I've left mir, as no other server interests me.

I just have a problem with shitty people.. I wouldn't entertain them in real life so why would I entertain them in my gaming life? Your a no one on the mir scene..and you have the biggest mouth, I'd say valk is reading your drivel and having second hand embarrassment for you, like I'm sure the majority reading are.

Reactions: Tai

LightBringer

Primordial GM
Veteran
Primordial
Game Master
Feb 13, 2014
Jokes and such aside, the debate and discussion of this subject just feels draining.

Everyone is entrenched with their opinions on it, no one will budge from their own reasoning or see anyone else's perspective, ultimately it's a dead discussion.

Reactions: syke and mistodon

WelshSteel

Hallucination Critic
Dedicated Member
Dec 15, 2016
Valk's arse has never been so clean.

I can't honestly fathom what Valk has done so wrong, I just commit to servers and I play the game and the discord non stop and I experience pretty much everything and I don't see it.

I don't know anyone personally, I don't know "Tim", some of the mir veterans love finding out personal details about one another and taking the piss but that's not my jam and all I can see is negative interaction from that. All I've gotten from Valk is just him DM'ing me once in a bull moon and he shows some of his designs to me but honestly now I can't be arsed to know anyone and I have no strong commitment to any owner and I give the bare minimum of donation money for some goodies or xp buffs.

I just rate the servers, no bias at all, I geniunely thought Valk's was the best and Jamie's Marble a close 2nd for best Mir 2 servers I've personally experienced (which I'd be happy to give proper reviews as to why they were the best) and I'm sad that there is something apparently so wrong with the owner that he must be stopped at all costs for the "sanctity" of the community.

But trust me, I'd love nothing better that to **** off from any of this convo, I'm just wasting time until June...I just don't see a land of hope for LOMCN if it doesn't include every single good creator because it's not like good servers are coming out once a year it's far less than that.
Mir Elite has made a lot of positive fundamental changes apparently (even though Mamp is a dick) and they deserve mention amongst LOM2 servers, there is nothing too wrong with their operation yet Tai has branded them or their efforts "criminal".

Nothing but a waste of potential, someone needs to be the better man and fix relationships and it certainly ain't the most stubborn of people, aka Tai.

Last edited:

LightBringer

Primordial GM
Veteran
Primordial
Game Master
Feb 13, 2014
I can't honestly fathom what Valk has done so wrong, I just commit to servers and I play the game and the discord non stop and I experience pretty much everything and I don't see it.

I don't know anyone personally, I don't know "Tim", some of the mir veterans love finding out personal details about one another and taking the piss but that's not my jam and all I can see is negative interaction from that. All I've gotten from Valk is just him DM'ing me once in a bull moon and he shows some of his designs to me but honestly now I can't be arsed to know anyone and I have no strong commitment to any owner and I give the bare minimum of donation money for some goodies or xp buffs.

I just rate the servers, no bias at all, I geniunely thought Valk's was the best and Jamie's Marble a close 2nd for best Mir 2 servers I've personally experienced (which I'd be happy to give proper reviews as to why they were the best) and I'm sad that there is something apparently so wrong with the owner that he must be stopped at all costs for the "sanctity" of the community.

But trust me, I'd love nothing better that to **** off from any of this convo, I'm just wasting time until June...I just don't see a land of hope for LOMCN if it doesn't include every single good creator because it's not like good servers are coming out once a year it's far less than that.
Mir Elite has made a lot of positive fundamental changes apparently (even though Mamp is a dick) and they deserve mention amongst LOM2 servers, there is nothing too wrong with their operation yet Tai has branded them or their efforts "criminal".

Nothing but a waste of potential, someone needs to be the better man and fix relationships and it certainly ain't the most stubborn of people, aka Tai.
It wasn't a punt at Valk.

It was a dig at you saying people licking lomcn staffs arse when you are literally blindly praising Valk (arse licking).
Again I have nothing against him at all personally (I enjoyed his server), it was aimed at you.

I didn't read the past the first senctence of the above as I assumed it was the same as your last dozen posts.

EDIT:
On a note I agree with you on, I can't wait for D4!

Status
Not open for further replies.