Updated files for offline use. (26/10/2005)

smoochy boys on tour
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ragnar

Hallowed be thy name
Legendary
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Jul 20, 2004
Right, well as the others are very outdated, i decided to make a new set of files.

This uses the latest Plumewind m2server and the new GameGate.

To get the files running, first download the files from HERE ( password: lomcn ).
Then extract the files to C:\mirserver

Now make sure your BDE Administrator is set up correctly like on the following picture:

You can get BDE Administrator from www.dbcommander.com

Then download the client and .exe from HERE (Please note, this is NOT the ledu client, but the DB's are made to match the euro data, so you will have to use this client in order to see the monsters correctly) Extract this zip file to your legend of mir client folder (Default is C:\WEMADE Entertainment\Legend of Mir)

If you wish to use the ledu client, download it HERE
(If you will use the Ledu exe, most of things ingame WILL BE MESSED UP, like mobs looking dodgy, items looking completely wrong etc. etc.) Extract this zip file to your legend of mir client folder (Default is C:\WEMADE Entertainment\Legend of Mir)

Now when you have done everything, open the folder C:\mirserver\Run the server from here And run the shortcuts in the specified order (1. 2. 3 etc.)
When you run the shortcut number 1, the LFConfirmation window will pop up, press the start button and continue to load up the other shortcuts.

You can log in to your gamemaster character with the details

ID = gamemaster
PW= gamemaster

Gamegate cheat menu setup:

Right, basically open up your gamegate. Click the option button, then clck on "cheats".

Now, first untick ALL the boxes you see, untill none are ticked at all.

Now, click the "base" tab. I have left in Health amount over head displayed, quick group, when you regen, the amount is showed over your head (like in mir3), and show names of players.

Now, go through all besides the "work" tab, and tick all the boxes. After you have done that, tick all besides the "all" and the "base" box, so you should be left with a screen like this:G][/URL

In order to put the server online, i have made a list of IP's wich you need to change

Code:
!addrtable.txt (DBServer)
All IP's

!serverinfo.txt (DBServer)
All IP's

dbsrc.ini (DBServer)
ServerAddr (the one in the [Setup] part)
GateAddr
IDSAddr

MirGate.ini (GameGate)
Server1

Config.ini (LoginGate)
ServerAddr
GateAddr

!addrtable.txt (LoginSrv)
All IP's

!serveraddr.txt (LoginSrv)
All IP's

Logsrv.ini (LoginSrv)
DBServer
ServerAddr
GateAddr

!runaddr.txt (Mir200)
All IP's

!Servertable.txt (Mir200)
All IP's

!Setup.txt (Mir200)
GateAddr
DBAddr
IDSAddr
MsgSrvAddr
If you want to let your players use a DNS address to connect (eg. disturbed.myftp.org), then refer to the following list of IP's that need changing.

Code:
#File name#####Folder name#
############################
!addrtable.txt (DBServer)
First IP: Change to the no-ip address you registerred to.

!serverinfo.txt (DBServer)
First IP: Change that to your global IP, or the Ip assigned to you by the router if you are behind one.
Second IP: Change to the no-ip address you registerred to.
Third IP: Change that to your global IP, or the Ip assigned to you by the router if you are behind one.

!dbsrc.ini (DBServer)
ServerAddr: Change that to your global IP, or the Ip assigned to you by the router if you are behind one.
GateAddr: Change that to your global IP, or the Ip assigned to you by the router if you are behind one.
IDSAddr: Change that to your global IP, or the Ip assigned to you by the router if you are behind one.

MirGate.ini (GameGate)
Server1: Change that to your global IP, or the Ip assigned to you by the router if you are behind one.

Config.ini (LoginGate)
ServerAddr: Change that to your global IP, or the Ip assigned to you by the router if you are behind one.
GateAddr: Change that to 0.0.0.0

!addrtable.txt (LoginSrv)
First IP: Change that to your global IP, or the Ip assigned to you by the router if you are behind one.
Second IP: Change to the no-ip address you registerred to.
Third IP: Change to the no-ip address you registerred to.
Fourth IP: Change that to your global IP, or the Ip assigned to you by the router if you are behind one.

!serveraddr.txt (LoginSrv)

Logsrv.ini (LoginSrv)
DBServer: Change that to your global IP, or the Ip assigned to you by the router if you are behind one.
GateAddr: Change that to your global IP, or the Ip assigned to you by the router if you are behind one.

Config.ini (SelGate)

!runaddr.txt (Mir200)

!Servertable.txt (Mir200)
First IP: Change that to 127.0.0.1

!Setup.txt (Mir200)
DBAddr: Change that to your global IP, or the Ip assigned to you by the router if you are behind one.
IDSAddr: Change that to your global IP, or the Ip assigned to you by the router if you are behind one.
MsgSrvAddr: Change that to your global IP, or the Ip assigned to you by the router if you are behind one.
LogServerAddr: Change that to your global IP, or the Ip assigned to you by the router if you are behind one.

Last edited by a moderator:

michaelj:mrj

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jan 13, 2005
United Kingdom
'An error occured whilst creating your account. Try again-1'
Also, the id and pass gamemaster don't work.

Help please.

edit: Is there some way to edit the files so I can make an account without going on the account making screen? The thing is all messed up so it won't work.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

faheem

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 20, 2005
hi got abit of a prob seems like most things work but i can get onto gamemaster ID and click on foundation server but when char screen is displayed there is no char, when i make char and name it sum funny writing shows up and stop me, any idead y? (i kno this is an old topic but i hope sum1 can halp thanx)

if u need a sceenie of the write or of the server data running let me kno.

ty

Upvote 0

Killmaster

Legend
Legendary
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Nov 13, 2003
just delete all the chars n accounts. change the admin.txt so your char name is on it and then jus recreate ur account and char, then it should work.

Upvote 0

faheem

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 20, 2005
(deleted all acc and chars still got problem)

in my c:\Mirserver\mir200\envir i got a adminList.txt which has

*gamester
i removed his name and added my gm name and i also changed user name in c:\mirserver""\conlog

the file name is 2005-10-26 i jus changed the name from gamstermaster gasmemaster to my user and pass and i also deleted everything in log folder and then i tryed runing server got to same place with same error. i came bak to log folder and looked at the .txt file and it said

15/02/2007 20:19:00 ·þÎñÆ÷Æô¶¯Òì³££¡£¡£¡Unknown database.
Alias: HeroDB

(in my mir200\db folder i only got DBDwork.txt and Magic, monster and stdItems database files, i have made a heros db in BDE admin and link to mir200\db)

any idea y im still getting problem plz? (soz for a long msg)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Robert

Actual Jesus
VIP
Jan 1, 1970
Yes.
Open dbcommander and index the databases.

There is a guide of this in the 'One thread you will ever need'.

This sticky should be locked for posting.

Use that thread, read it carefully and fully and you will have NO More problems.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.