Status
Not open for further replies.

LightBringer

Primordial GM
Veteran
Primordial
Game Master
Feb 13, 2014
Folk will still moan about things, or what’s the point in having a forum with topics to discuss, u will never and should never stop that or more and more will just go the discord route.

Community votes and letting the community decide is a smart move, well done @Skyline
That's not what I am saying though.

It's simple, you either allow everyone, or restrict everyone by the same rules.

You can't moan about OS advertising if you want a known cheater to be able to advertise?

I voted yes as I just think people can make their own decisions on a server, if its worth playing or not :)

Hercules

Prime Hunter
Banned
Jun 4, 2018
Asda
That's not what I am saying though.

It's simple, you either allow everyone, or restrict everyone by the same rules.

You can't moan about OS advertising if you want a known cheater to be able to advertise?

I voted yes as I just think people can make their own decisions on a server, if its worth playing or not :)

Yeah well 100% it’s less stress for LOMCN if they allow all and let ppl decide if it’s bad. This topic has come up so many times over last couple years

LightBringer

Primordial GM
Veteran
Primordial
Game Master
Feb 13, 2014
Yeah well 100% it’s less stress for LOMCN if they allow all and let ppl decide if it’s bad. This topic has come up so many times over last couple years
Agreed on that.

Saves the debate every time a new server comes up as well lol

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
Agreed on that.

Saves the debate every time a new server comes up as well lol

I think that's naive but anyway, time will tell.

The next question will be where do we drawn the line, if anywhere? If cheating, chargebacks, dox'ing and faking u/c are all fine, is DDoS'ing? On that basis are we unbanning Jesus too? The rules are all going to need to be adjusted so let's get it clear now and I don't think we can argue that if compromising the integrity of a server via cheats or hacks is OK but compromising it via DDoS attacks or anything similar is not.

ColdFusion

LOMCN Rookie
May 25, 2019
I won't vote on this as I am also owner of Valk 2, I also wasn't around when all this happened (I was developer for 5 weeks roughly on Valk 1 then left). Before I write this, I dont come on these forums a lot so please correct me if I am mistaken on anything. I am not just saying this because I know Tim, but the amount of ideas, content creation he has put into the game and brought to me to code shows how passionate he is about Mir, and surely all that in a server would benefit all players in this community? Especially when new servers are few and far between. I am not a Mir player myself but rather than have servers that are just a copy of what's available to download from here. Wouldn't you want fresh new takes on Mir? With content you haven't seen before, mechanics that you haven't played before. I understand that cheating is wrong, but reading the other thread, is there solid proof this happened? Tim can't programme so how is he suppose to create a cheat program from scratch? Am I missing something here? It seems there's some personal vendetta against a single person, from reading the other thread, though I could be wrong.

Mortati

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 15, 2012
Manchester
Just let him advertise, slap a play at own risk tag on him and let people decide.

Pointless creating more drama over such a simple thing.

Even more so after all the cash cows that have been allowed that are literally designed in a way that diablo immortal would be proud of.

• Haha
Reactions: Omnibus

Hercules

Prime Hunter
Banned
Jun 4, 2018
Asda

The next question will be where do we drawn the line, if anywhere? If cheating, chargebacks, dox'ing and faking u/c are all fine, is DDoS'ing? On that basis are we unbanning Jesus too? The rules are all going to need to be adjusted so let's get it clear now and I don't think we can argue that if compromising the integrity of a server via cheats or hacks is OK but compromising it via DDoS attacks or anything similar is not.

Jesus is a C*** would I care if he had a server on mirtracks? Not really. If ppl wanna play it that’s upto them.

However if he’s caught ddosing another server that for me says he should be punished and not aloud a server himself.

Rules just need to be simple…2 tags

Gameshop
FreeToPlay

This whole community can’t be all as carefully politely spoken as @LightBringer or we would all be holding hands and lighting candle sticks in Ginko.

WelshSteel

Hallucination Critic
Dedicated Member
Dec 15, 2016
Last time I saw Jesus he was a high spender on Archeage, not even joking.

There are going to be people obsessed with winning on mmo's, it isn't going to change and trying to prevent anything is nothing but foolish.

If cheats or ddos'ing is "ruining" a server, it is simply a bad run server (because it's almost nothing to do with the f'ing reason it's going in the shitta! xD).

Hercules

Prime Hunter
Banned
Jun 4, 2018
Asda
Just let him advertise, slap a play at own risk tag on him and let people decide.

Not sure that’s a sweet solution for LOMCN, or valk, as you could basically put that tag on every server, as the context runs true for all. It’s at your own risk.

Jev

ғᴜᴄᴋɪɴɢ ᴊᴇᴠ
Staff member
May 16, 2017
Worthing, West Sussex
If cheats or ddos'ing is "ruining" a server, it is simply a bad run server (because it's almost nothing to do with the f'ing reason it's going in the shitta! xD).
I’ve known servers that have paid hundreds of pounds a month for ddos protection alone and yet it still happens. Sounds like you’re trying to condone ddosing as long as your opinion on the server is a negative one.

In terms of cheating the same applies, server owners paying hundreds for coders to try and develop better anti cheat for cheaters to still bypass it.
If you do either you should get banned, just my OPINION!

I also voted in staff chat to have this go to a poll.
Even with my “opinions”

Hercules

Prime Hunter
Banned
Jun 4, 2018
Asda
80% in favour, I think that shows the thoughts of the “community”

Take away the 3 “staff” votes and it’s a landslide 50-9

All aboard the valk hype 🚂 @LOMValkyrie

Reactions: Lose

Martyn

Smir.co.uk
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 24, 2003
Kent - UK
bit hard to post it, if he's banned though -.-
You either police or you don't.

As the stance of LOMCN recently is they aren't here to police and it's for the players to decide, it's an obvious decision...

Just look at the state of that M1riH0oo0od advert you allowed.
untrusted members have always been unable to post adverts, it's just how its setup

• Haha
Reactions: zedina

Xx69xX

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Dec 2, 2005
The guy cheated On Apoc.

Got caught, recalled almost £1000. Which caused PayPal to shut our account down, as in his recalled payments description he said how we run an illegal game and we falsely advertised that we made the game completely ourselves and the files/source was stolen.

(BTW this was his complete plan the whole time, to recall once caught cheating, hence why he spent so much)

The guy is scum, allowing him to advertise here is basically saying the community can do what the F they want on this site. If thats what we are allowed to do, then like others have said, then be consistent going forward from now.

zedina

Mir3 Dev
Legendary
Dec 22, 2005
However if he’s caught ddosing another server that for me says he should be punished and not aloud a server himself.
Honestly at this point whats worse?

ddosing or modifying client to send false packets to server(cheats)?
I mean, you can pretty crash a server by doing both of them lol.

Looking back on Valks v1, he did some cool stuff based on the current progress of Crystal files.
So does Jesus, at least hes also open that he sells items for rlc and being corrupt as much as $ rule and he states that his servers dont last long.

Also... Nowdays if you rent a server on OVH / Hetzner, a ddos is literally 10 seconds lag until the mitigation kicks in. On the other hand, modifying the client for sending false packets is much worse.

If Valk gonna get unbanned/allowed to advert, Jeezus should be allowed as well as DDOS and Client/Packet modification is same or worse in some scenarios based on the usage.

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom

Still waiting for 49 replies on this of course. Guess I'll need to make another poll

These are the kind of people defending Valk, i literally cant. The stupidity of loud mouths are the reason this has even been brought upon these forums. Just because a bunch of morons say he should be unbanned in big numbers does not make them any thing more than morons.

Like @Sanjian has said, the fact this is being brought up is a discredit to the 20 years of work on these forums

This is the way of the world. You only have to look as far as USA or Brexit for example, to see how easily people are fooled and manipulated by propaganda, or indeed just plain morons and sadly they make up a larger portion of the population than those with foresight, perspective or rationality.

They want to burn the place to the ground and we're going to let them 🔥

LightBringer

Primordial GM
Veteran
Primordial
Game Master
Feb 13, 2014
I had to vote to see the results
Jim Carrey Reaction GIF by Laff

Status
Not open for further replies.