Not open for further replies.

Xx69xX

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Dec 2, 2005
View attachment 31280

So wait, all of these ppl are morons?
Yes,

It takes brains to actually think before just posting online nowadays. People just press, click and scroll for a living, but to actually stop and reflect before the fact is often completely missed in 2023 because everything is so easy. The guy is scum, showed it several times, and yet being offered ANOTHER chance, Talk about 2023 entitlement.

Omnibus

Banned
Banned
Dec 9, 2021
Jesus is a C*** would I care if he had a server on mirtracks? Not really. If ppl wanna play it that’s upto them.

However if he’s caught ddosing another server that for me says he should be punished and not aloud a server himself.

Rules just need to be simple…2 tags

Gameshop
FreeToPlay

This whole community can’t be all as carefully politely spoken as @LightBringer or we would all be holding hands and lighting candle sticks in Ginko.
Be careful. This is a Christian forum.

Martyn

Smir.co.uk
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 24, 2003
Kent - UK
I like Tim, nothing against him at all, to be honest, there aren't many people I don't like on here, the issue I see in this poll is, if Valk's actions did not affect someone, they would vote "Yes," but if they were affected, they would vote "No."

So the no's have slightly more power, pain and agro towards them, while the "Yes'" just possibly wanted another server to play?

The question is does Valk believes his actions were acceptable, but that is subjective.

and still in here while deciding the fate of a community member, someone who's been here for years, people can't help but be ****ish towards each other.

Reactions: astrix and zedina

WelshSteel

Hallucination Critic
Dedicated Member
Dec 15, 2016
Like what relevance does my Crap game have to do with allowing a bad person to run a server?

It's all about the game d'oh!

Jamie is an absolute mad head who gets upset after a month of people whining on at him and incorperates p2w, we'll still dick ride his servers though! (release Marble you bitch!).

Valk is a good owner, he edits skills, made world bosses, even music changes and he doesn't cave under pressure, including not adding p2w. Everything that he's "bad" for is outside of it, literally.

Just get the games in, hey if he falters in version 2 of his effort you'll have all the ammunition you need to send him to the grave, what about that huh!?

Xx69xX

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Dec 2, 2005
It's all about the game d'oh!

Jamie is an absolute mad head who gets upset after a month of people whining on at him and incorperates p2w, we'll still dick ride his servers though! (release Marble you bitch!).

Valk is a good owner, he edits skills, made world bosses, even music changes and he doesn't cave under pressure, including not adding p2w. Everything that he's "bad" for is outside of it, literally.

Just get the games in, hey if he falters in version 2 of his effort you'll have all the ammunition you need to send him to the grave, what about that huh!?
A much better response and i understand your stance.

My thoughts are really clear, he has been given a title, for breaking the rules. With this comes a ban on advertisement. Allowing him to advertise here sets a precedent that people can do anything they want and there is no punishment/repercussions.

So for example if i felt bitter about what Valk did to Apoc, can i mod a client and post it on here for players to use, every single time he does a Client side update? Would that be acceptable? Because the minute rules are gone, anarchy arises. If this is the game we play, then i know, not think, the outcome is worse. But i think i have shared my opinion enough, and i am a strong believer of democracy, even if i feel most people don't have enough foresight to see the negative outcomes of the vote.

WelshSteel

Hallucination Critic
Dedicated Member
Dec 15, 2016
So for example if i felt bitter about what Valk did to Apoc

Can we get a clear damage report of what Valk did to Apoc?

Like precisely how much of your time and resources did he take? What cheats/refunds, specifics. Lets actually quantify it, how much did Valk contribute to stopping the growth of Apoc over other factors, lets really hear your side with honesty.

Atm I honestly don't know how I can side with someone who ends up bitter towards someone when they're creating opportunities to be ****ed, like from an outsider perspective of someone overlooking everyones general thoughts of the server from forum and discord discussions, people were getting frustrated heavily with actual server and unless Valk actually contributed in some way to delaying clincal corrections then I don't know how you can be this way, other than the money game you hoped for didn't pan out as easily as you liked...

Xx69xX

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Dec 2, 2005
Can we get a clear damage report of what Valk did to Apoc?

Like precisely how much of your time and resources did he take? What cheats/refunds, specifics. Lets actually quantify it, how much did Valk contribute to stopping the growth of Apoc over other factors, lets really hear your side with honesty.

Valk Cheated by modding our client. He shared the cheat to many players in the game.

Once he got caught he decided to continue to share this.

He then realized a flaw in PayPal that if you donate a certain way and then refund you can Almost always get your money back.

He completely disabled our paypal.

Once he did this he then shared with the community (along with sabretooth) How every player who donated could get all their money back without even having to go through case procedures.

Once this happened we completely accepted majority of people would refund, because why not. Which by the way i have no real feelings about, an opportunity like this is something most people would do.

This in turn caused Paypal to raise our account as maximum risk, meaning every single refund No matter the size would also include a £25 extra fee for paypal services, meaning Any refund there on out would cost us the price of the donation + £25 paypal fee. Lets be super clear here, MOST if not Almost all donations were £5/£10 meaning that there were HUNDREDS of £25 charges, massivly exceeding any money we took from Apoc at that point.

A good chunk of the community did not refund, but even more did.

All of the above is still not the biggest problem he caused, because the minute this happened it took up 99.9% of our time for almost 2 months (pay pal initially told us to keep submitting forms for each refund despite not knowing they were pointless at the time).

By the time we had a chance to even start working on the server again we had lost most of our users due to inactivity, and the hundreds of poor decisions we made on the server. ( i also got sick with a heart problem at the same time, which really slowed the server activity down, but thats kinda irrelevant because we still wouldn't have been able to work enough for such a large server)

I have never shared any of this before, because i always felt we did NOT deserve 1 bit of sympathy or need to let people know what was going on behind the scenes, but the reality was he completely killed any chance we had to run the server.

Any time you go into anything that has finances involved there are always risks, so making no money from Apoc did not upset me, thats life. What did was the way in which it happened, it happened because a certain player abused a system that not many people knew about.

The guy is scum, and him hosting a server will make very little difference to me, but if there's a thread on If he should or shouldn't be allowed, i am ofc going to voice my opinion regardless of if im listened to, or appreciated.

PS: Anyone thinking about releasing a mir server, Please try and avoid paypal. We spoke to a super friendly guy at 1 point (at paypal) in the 100s of calls me made, who informed us that due to their protection system, this happens to around 1/100 accounts, its rare, but when it happens it always creates a problem for the account owner.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sanjian and Jev

zedina

Mir3 Dev
Legendary
Dec 22, 2005
Valk Cheated by modding our client. He shared the cheat to many players in the game.

He then realized a flaw in PayPal that if you donate a certain way and then refund you can Almost always get your money back.

Once he did this he then shared with the community (along with sabretooth) How every player who donated could get all their money back without even having to go through case procedures.

Once this happened we completely accepted majority of people would refund, because why not. Which by the way i have no real feelings about, an opportunity like this is something most people would do.

This in turn caused Paypal to raise our account as maximum risk, meaning every single refund No matter the size would also include a £25 extra fee for paypal services, meaning Any refund there on out would cost us the price of the donation + £25 paypal fee. Lets be super clear here, MOST if not Almost all donations were £5/£10 meaning that there were HUNDREDS of £25 charges, massivly exceeding any money we took from Apoc at that point.

All of the above is still not the biggest problem he caused, because the minute this happened it took up 99.9% of our time for almost 2 months (pay pal initially told us to keep submitting forms for each refund despite not knowing they were pointless at the time).

By the time we had a chance to even start working on the server again we had lost most of our users due to inactivity, and the hundreds of poor decisions we made on the server. ( i also got sick with a heart problem at the same time, which really slowed the server activity down, but thats kinda irrelevant because we still wouldn't have been able to work enough for such a large server)

I have never shared any of this before, because i always felt we did NOT deserve 1 bit of sympathy or need to let people know what was going on behind the scenes, but the reality was he completely killed any chance we had to run the server.

Any time you go into anything that has finances involved there are always risks, so making no money from Apoc did not upset me, thats life. What did was the way in which it happened, it happened because a certain player abused a system that not many people knew about.

The guy is scum, and him hosting a server will make very little difference to me, but if there's a thread on If he should or shouldn't be allowed, i am ofc going to voice my opinion regardless of if im listened to, or appreciated.

PS: Anyone thinking about releasing a mir server, Please try and avoid paypal. We spoke to a super friendly guy at 1 point (at paypal) in the 100s of calls me made, who informed us that due to their protection system, this happens to around 1/100 accounts, its rare, but when it happens it always creates a problem for the account owner.
At this point do you have a proof of video of Valk cheating or screens of Valk telling peoples how to chargeback?

If Valk got banned because of this, even if I reported Brolly long time ago and the response was "well look into it", Brolly still was teaching mir3 players how to chargeback. This is a small snippet from a long conversation where he was teaching a mir2 player playing a mir3 server how to chargeback.

unknown.png

unknown.png

Last edited:

LightBringer

Primordial GM
Veteran
Primordial
Game Master
Feb 13, 2014
From points raised,

I am curious to what will and won't be "bannable" on lomcn if this goes through.

What warrants someone to get another chance after being banned?

Skyline

LOMCN Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 26, 2003
Sheffield
Can we refrain from making this post an attack on Xx69xX/Apoc and keep on topic please?
Everyone is entitled to their opinions but this is about Valk/Tim and what the community want, therefore everyone is entitled to their own opinions on the matter but what I don't want is for people to derail the thread with their opinions on others/other servers.

We'll tidy this thread up a bit.

Pusha

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Oct 14, 2017
England

This is so bad mate.

If everything you say is true in this statement then the guy shouldn't be allowed anywhere near this forum, any servers or developing his own server.

If it goes ahead I wonder if they will go with the crypto payment system instead of paypal?

I've never refunded payments from anyone on there even though I knew it was highly likely I would get my money back.

I guess people are different, if I had caused another person all that stress and cost them money I wouldn't be able to sleep at night.

Reactions: Xx69xX and Sanjian

Guccci

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Mar 8, 2014
Can we refrain from making this post an attack on Xx69xX/Apoc and keep on topic please?
Everyone is entitled to their opinions but this is about Valk/Tim and what the community want, therefore everyone is entitled to their own opinions on the matter but what I don't want is for people to derail the thread with their opinions on others/other servers.

We'll tidy this thread up a bit.
It's all fair saying you will clean the thread up, and ask people to stop attacking Xx69xX. But he is sitting there attacking Valk... All people are asking for is actual EVIDENCE of what he is being accused of. If he had any, surely he would have posted it by now and put the matter to bed. If he has no evidence then surely his posts should be deleted too because he is just trying to drag Valks name through the dirt?

Sanjian

Just a Mir2 Fan
VIP
Apr 28, 2011
East Sussex
if valks unbanned then every banned member has to be unbanned, this includes jesus, lapta should be allowed to advertise here.

at this point in time the outcome of this vote will actually decide my future here. this is how disgusting this poll even is. known cheater, allowed to even have a purpose here is just beyond me.

but he makes amazing servers by editing skills and making world bosses :ROFLMAO: what a ******* joke this all is

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
This is so bad mate.

If everything you say is true in this statement then the guy shouldn't be allowed anywhere near this forum, any servers or developing his own server.

If it goes ahead I wonder if they will go with the crypto payment system instead of paypal?

I've never refunded payments from anyone on there even though I knew it was highly likely I would get my money back.

I guess people are different, if I had caused another person all that stress and cost them money I wouldn't be able to sleep at night.

Course Valk will 100% go the crypto route with his v2

SmavidDavid

Playing Legend of Mir 5
Legendary
Jun 13, 2006
Worthing, West Sussex
if valks unbanned then every banned member has to be unbanned, this includes jesus, lapta should be allowed to advertise here.

at this point in time the outcome of this vote will actually decide my future here. this is how disgusting this poll even is. known cheater, allowed to even have a purpose here is just beyond me.

but he makes amazing servers by editing skills and making world bosses :ROFLMAO: what a ******* joke this all is

Bye 👋🏼

You make your servers around what you want, clearly Valk makes his around what players want. Its why your servers don't peak in u/c because you tailor them to what you like and not the majority. Thats your decission don't get salty because you've lost players who were never going to play your server 🤷🏼‍♂️

LOMCN has always bannned Dossers & hackers irrc.. so Jesus's ban should remain imo.

If we ban cheaters, should we ban those who exploit too? I can see this community shrinking massively 👀

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
LOMCN has always bannned Dossers & hackers irrc.. so Jesus's ban should remain imo.

If we ban cheaters, should we ban those who exploit too? I can see this community shrinking massively 👀

LOMCN has always banned cheaters too lol. (edit: I'll rephrase that to *applied sanctions*) Answer this then please chicken brain

Tai said:
The rules are all going to need to be adjusted so let's get it clear now and I don't think we can argue that if compromising the integrity of a server via cheats or hacks is OK but compromising it via DDoS attacks or anything similar is not.

How is it different?

Last edited:

Sanjian

Just a Mir2 Fan
VIP
Apr 28, 2011
East Sussex
Bye 👋🏼

You make your servers around what you want, clearly Valk makes his around what players want. Its why your servers don't peak in u/c because you tailor them to what you like and not the majority. Thats your decission don't get salty because you've lost players who were never going to play your server 🤷🏼‍♂️

valk hacked apocs client.... 🤦

Status
Not open for further replies.