Status
Not open for further replies.

Sanjian

Just a Mir2 Fan
VIP
Apr 28, 2011
East Sussex
Hilarious...

Talking down to someone who actually made a server with the very essence of what Mir should be, competitive.

Meanwhile you're just putting Mir 2 in a nice "HD dress", literally playing arts and CRAFTS, some decent QoL of life changes....and more or less just keeping Mir the same, which doesn't work (or excite for the past 10+ years) for 150-300 max people.

I really despise people who have full confidence about making an MMORPG server that was, at its essence competitive driven and simply don't know what people need. It's cool you're passionate about a making a jazzed up project but you're in no position to talk about people who publish ACTUAL SERVERS.
youre always around to talk about what the essence of mir SHOULD be yet do **** all about it, instead you defend a known cheater and a complete waste of this forums time. but you crack on lad.

Reactions: Helloyou

WelshSteel

Hallucination Critic
Dedicated Member
Dec 15, 2016
Apparently all LCD develops is CPR kits for chrons :banana:

Pretty much it's **** with no potential other to appease some addictively vunerable customers, much like the story of most servers on Mir so hey.

I fully beileve anything you say Tai don't worry, you're a good person, I mean you display it so well by having to ban or restrict f'ing 50 odd Mir fans/creators. The people skills are simply out of this world!

Thanks Valk and Jamie (although your handling and schemes suck!) for the servers that should be classed as the modern approach to run competitive private servers. Thanks Win for trying with Elite, I'm just done, Tai sucks.

Sanjian

Just a Mir2 Fan
VIP
Apr 28, 2011
East Sussex
Il start by saying...i like your content, i like the time and effort involved in what you produce.

BUT your unpredictable, i wouldnt invest time into making a char on your server because you might get annoyed one day and turn my game upside down.

You say he lost time? I beg to differ, he probably lost his will to live for a split second with all his stuff layed out on the floor due to a MentalCase GM gone crazy.

THIS GAME IS MEANT AND DESIGNED FOR PK.......Go play Fortnite where you cant drop!
youre right i made a mistake... i should have banned him, like i said, i wont make the same mistake again.

this game is NOT meant for PK otherwise you wouldnt have the yellow/red system in place... use your brain... its meant for PvP sure.
which is why i put things in place to FORCE PvP not PK grief, if you cant tell the difference then youre lost

Helloyou

LOMCN Member
Aug 9, 2020
**** valk and his sad attempt to advertise another **** fest.

cheated on his server and kitted out his friends... it was a KNOWN thing.

Reactions: Tai

Sanjian

Just a Mir2 Fan
VIP
Apr 28, 2011
East Sussex
Pretty much it's **** with no potential other to appease some addictively vunerable customers, much like the story of most servers on Mir so hey.

I fully beileve anything you say Tai don't worry, you're a good person, I mean you display it so well by having to ban or restrict f'ing 50 odd Mir fans/creators. The people skills are simply out of this world!

Thanks Valk and Jamie (although your handling and schemes suck!) for the servers that should be classed as the modern approach to run competitive private servers. Thanks Win for trying with Elite, I'm just done, Tai sucks.
👋

• Carrot
Reactions: zedina

thedeath

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 26, 2003
i dont get it, why the sudden attempt at blaming every server owner for distributing cheats? isnt that something that got done ever since the original euro days anyway?
i've always considered mir community to be cheating at least to some extend (i'd say at least 70/80% have used some form of 'cheat' to get that advantage).
it's just normal mir behavior isnt it? most of the time coders would not even fix pvp exploits because it would take away their own advantage

Helloyou

LOMCN Member
Aug 9, 2020
i dont get it, why the sudden attempt at blaming every server owner for distributing cheats? isnt that something that got done ever since the original euro days anyway?
i've always considered mir community to be cheating at least to some extend (i'd say at least 70/80% have used some form of 'cheat' to get that advantage).
it's just normal mir behavior isnt it? most of the time coders would not even fix pvp exploits because it would take away their own advantage
anyone attempting to cheat on such an old game to get an advantage shouldnt be playing to start with...

but then again some players are that bad they need that edge, even better when said cheaters get destroyed.

Reactions: Sanjian

Xx69xX

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Dec 2, 2005
image.png

My advice to ben going forward is twofold:

1: think before you speak. The coder for Apoc was Hany, your own coder If there source was ****ed looked inward....... Kane added some Mobs (and if you are unable to press CTRL A + Delete, then dont make servers).

2: Take responsibility. If people dont like something about your game, dont blame another team. Either tell the player to do 1, or own it.

Hercules

Prime Hunter
Banned
Jun 4, 2018
Asda
My advice to ben going forward is twofold:

1: think before you speak. The coder for Apoc was Hany, your own coder If there source was ****ed looked inward....... Kane added some Mobs (and if you are unable to press CTRL A + Delete, then dont make servers).

2: Take responsibility. If people dont like something about your game, dont blame another team. Either tell the player to do 1, or own it.

This will be hopefully the last time Blizzard makes a server…

mistodon

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 16, 2003
This will be hopefully the last time Blizzard makes a server…
It won't be, it's easy money every 18 months. Now with crypto, it's easy money and no call backs when he dumps the server after 3 months.

astrix

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Feb 16, 2011
youre right i made a mistake... i should have banned him, like i said, i wont make the same mistake again.

this game is NOT meant for PK otherwise you wouldnt have the yellow/red system in place... use your brain... its meant for PvP sure.
which is why i put things in place to FORCE PvP not PK grief, if you cant tell the difference then youre lost
what are you on about? this game IS ALL about pk. if you do not want people you know being pked, make a safe area of x place with a lower exp or drop rate. its common sense. i played mir from day dot. and as much as i love the pve side. me and many others love pking items and being able to drop ours in the process. Again if you do not like the pk side? disable body drops? or make safe areas. but banning people for playing the game how it should be is absolute bull ****.
i like your content also. just your logic about the whole pk side is flawed. gms should not get involved in ingame pk, unless they are luring a boss to a guard or something obvious. the changing modes also was simply to help if x person came along and wanted a group that was not in guild i.e a mate. or greifed in bw you go red brown, so guards didnt kill you. unsure why i explained that because i thought it was obvious.

this isnt a argument just basic knowledge on what mir is about. And your opinion is also fine sanj, as you are making your own server so your rules.

Sanjian

Just a Mir2 Fan
VIP
Apr 28, 2011
East Sussex
what are you on about? this game IS ALL about pk. if you do not want people you know being pked, make a safe area of x place with a lower exp or drop rate. its common sense. i played mir from day dot. and as much as i love the pve side. me and many others love pking items and being able to drop ours in the process. Again if you do not like the pk side? disable body drops? or make safe areas. but banning people for playing the game how it should be is absolute bull ****.
i like your content also. just your logic about the whole pk side is flawed. gms should not get involved in ingame pk, unless they are luring a boss to a guard or something obvious. the changing modes also was simply to help if x person came along and wanted a group that was not in guild i.e a mate. or greifed in bw you go red brown, so guards didnt kill you. unsure why i explained that because i thought it was obvious.

this isnt a argument just basic knowledge on what mir is about. And your opinion is also fine sanj, as you are making your own server so your rules.
you need to learn the difference between PK and PvP

thedeath

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 26, 2003
i think it's more the difference between pvp and ganking that are referencing.
most ppl (especially in mir) dont really want to pvp, they want to just get the freedom to "obliterate" any random person they see with no risk of retaliation. verry rarely will you see ppl happy when a fight is anywhere near equal. (most end up rting the moment their opponent isnt an easy kill)

Omnibus

LOMCN Member
Dec 9, 2021
Pk and PvP
Pk and PvP are both part of Mir and always will be.

That's why I support having fight zones in certain areas where players can PvP and none fight zones for Pk. Safe zones too for afk.

Nobody can change Mir. Its what everyone makes of it.

Xele

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Apr 10, 2017
Fun read, can't wait for the next big server whoever produces it, drama and hate fuel a lot of the competition.

ibby

I'm a massive prick
Dedicated Member
Jan 10, 2017
It’s an open world game, maybe turn it single player if u don’t want pk, or only have 1 mode, called peaceful :))))

Shurikan

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
May 15, 2018
**** valk and his sad attempt to advertise another **** fest.

cheated on his server and kitted out his friends... it was a KNOWN thing.
******* wish i got given kit like all these other players did apparently. Tested valks server for many months before even got mentioned to anyone publicly and didnt get none of this "special treatment" that you all talk so much about.

Some of you lot love to over exaggerate and play the blame game.

Status
Not open for further replies.